Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City - anti social behaviour etc... what's being done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

If you know of any credible studies exploring this, do link.

There you go, knock yourself out, if you can?

"https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1&q=increased+cannabis+strength+leading+to+suicide&btnG="

M.J. Delforterie et al (2015). are particularly interesting.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0376871615001039

I quote:

Conclusions

Cannabis involvement is associated, albeit modestly, with SI and unplanned suicide attempts. Such attempts are difficult to prevent and their association with cannabis use and cannabis use disorder symptoms requires further study, including in different samples and with additional attention to confounders.

suicidal ideation (SI)

If you having difficulties with the credible studies, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

From your first linked study:

1.20).ConclusionsAlthough there was a strong association between cannabis use and suicide, this was explained by markers of psychological and behavioural problems. These results suggest that cannabis use is unlikely to have a strong effect on risk of completed suicide, either directly or as a consequence of mental health problems secondary to its use.

That's not the point, is it? You're not getting it!

I'm done with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

lads - we are talking about suicide and here ye are tearing strips of each other - this might be the internet but no one knows what's going on in anyone's lives here.. so BE NICE, and RESPECTFUL - everyone is entitled to their opinion - this is not a court of law

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a boat searching the river by union quay Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭cantalach

A January 2022 review article in the American Journal of Psychiatry supports the position that while there seems to be little question about a link between cannabis use and psychoses such as schizophrenia, the all-important question of causality has not yet been put to bed.

I’m assuming that the causal link between schizophrenia and suicidal ideation isn’t in dispute.

Closer to home. From this mornings Irish Times, this is real life. I can't provide a link as it's on the ePaper.

The last line is very clear in terms of the discussion here and should satisfy the deniers!!

Ireland

3 min.

March 9, 2024|Page 5

Psychosis linked to heavy cannabis use

FIACHRA GALLAGHER and

EOIN REYNOLDS On November 4th, 2021, Diego Costa Silva killed his wife while in a state of cannabis-induced psychosis at their home in Finglas, northwest Dublin.

Yesterday, a jury found him not guilty of Fabiola De Campos Silva’s murder, by reason of insanity. During the trial, two forensic consultant psychiatrists gave evidence that he was suffering from cannabis-induced psychosis with symptoms including paranoia, delusions and auditory hallucinations.

Psychosis can be described as someone “losing touch with reality”, according to Prof Des Crowley, assistant director of substance misuse at the Irish College of General Practitioners.

“It can be in the form of a delusion – a patient or person misinterprets reality,” Prof Crowley said. “For example, they think that the television is talking to them, or people are talking about them.”

Psychosis can also trigger hallucinations – sufferers might hear voices, or see things that are not there.

“That’s often when people can be told to hurt themselves or to hurt other people,” Prof Crowley said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Some girl assaulted outside GPO Thursday morning guy arrested yesterday in court today.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Has a nerve been struck with the evidence provided that you asked for?

You would want to have a hard look at yourself for making light of an assault in the city centre

• Advertisement

That weed is responsible for an uprise in anti social behaviour, is a ridiculous notion driven by a prohibitionist agenda. And the posting of an extremely outlying, frankly bizzare case does nothing to bolster the argument. Alcohol induced psychosis is also a thing, as is connections with alcohol and schizophrenia . As is psychosis related to all sorts of things all of which are mostly related to preexisting mental illness or brain damage.

I could post reports relating to diet and psychosis or food allergies and psychosis but it wouldn't suggest links to an uptick in anti social behaviour in Cork.

You talk about insensitivity regarding an assault..... I consider calling suicide anti social behaviour to be the height of insensitivity.

And I think trying to second guess on a public forum the reasons why people locally may have committed suicide is pretty appalling. Imagine being a relative of someone who took their life and reading some stranger's hot take on here that it is probably the weed what done it! Despite knowing nothing about the person or situation. That's what got my back up. I've known too many people who have taken their lives to be listening to these ill informed opinions without challenging them.

You are the ONLY one suggesting as part of this conversation that weed is responsible for an increase in anti social behaviour. So either read the discussion properly or crawl back under your rock. You are neither funny or informed but you are extremely disrespectful to those unfortunate enough to have suffered as a result of this epidemic.

Why in Fcuks name, did you bring weed into a thread on anti social behaviour, so?

I am not the one second guessing why people are committing suicide. That was you. Perhaps you feel bad about that and are trying to project that guilt on to me. That is a common trick.

Calling you out on your second guessing is not disrespectful to anyone who has suffered loss, quite the opposite.

I accused you of being insensitive and disrespectful and your response was to just accuse me of the same but with no argument as to how I was disrespectful. Disagreeing with you is not disrespectful to those who have suffered loss (loss that I am well familiar with). Pretty lame.

Post edited by the beer revolu on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Intereting to see what sentence comes of that very unfortunate incident.

Man appears in court over random assault of well-known Dublin businesswoman in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

Have we a new Mod ?

(Not clear on the mobile version).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

What the actual codswallop is that post?

If they know of any.. the audacity and arrogance.

Try this one.

PMCID: PMC3927252 PMID: 24574553

Cannabis and psychosis: Neurobiology

Amresh Shrivastava,1,2 Megan Johnston,3 Kristen Terpstra,4 and Yves Bureau5

Cannabis is involved in approximately 50% of psychosis, schizophrenia, and schizophreniform psychosis cases. Any search of pubmed will flood you with results.

Here are another 80 published peer-reviewed papers on the same subject if you don't deem that one "credible". I could go on, but boards cuts off at a certain number of chars..

1. Varma LP. Cannabis psychosis. Indian J Psychiatry. 1972;14:241–55. [Google Scholar]

2. Baldacchino A, Blair H, Scherbaum N, Grosse-Vehne E, Riglietta M, Tidone L, et al. Drugs and Psychosis Project: A multi-centre European study on comorbidity. Drug Alcohol Rev. 2009;28:379–89. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

3. Moore TH, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A, Barnes TR, Jones PB, Burke M, et al. annabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: A systematic review. Lancet. 2007;370:319–28. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

4. Chen CY, Lin KM. Health consequences of illegal drug use. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2009;22:287–92. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

5. Gregg L, Barrowlough C, Haddock G. Reasons for increased substance use in psychosis. Clin Psychol Rev. 2007;27:494–510. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

6. Barrigón ML, Gurpegui M, Ruiz-Veguilla M, Diaz FJ, Anguita M, Sarramea F, et al. Temporal relationship of first-episode non-affective psychosis with cannabis use: A clinical verification of an epidemiological hypothesis. J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:413–20. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

7. de la Serna E, Mayoral M, Baeza I, Arango C, Andrés P, Bombin I, et al. Cognitive functioning in children and adolescents in their first episode of psychosis: Differences between previous cannabis users and nonusers. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2010;198:159–62. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

8. Compton MT, Kelley ME, Ramsay CE, Pringle M, Goulding SM, Esterberg ML, et al. Association of pre-onset cannabis, alcohol, and tobacco use with age at onset of prodrome and age at onset of psychosis in first-episode patients. Am J Psychiatry. 2009;166:1251–7. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

9. Corcoran CM, Kimhy D, Stanford A, Khan S, Walsh J, Thompson J, et al. Temporal association ofcannabisuse with symptoms in individuals at clinical high risk for psychosis. Schizophr Res. 2008;106:286–93. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

10. Sewell RA, Skosnik PD, Garcia-Sosa I, Ranganathan M, D’Souza DC. Behavioral, cognitive and psychophysiological effects of cannabinoids: Relevance to psychosis and schizophrenia. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2010;32(Suppl 1):S15–30. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

11. Baker AL, Hides L, Lubman DI. Treatment of cannabis use among people with psychotic or depressive disorders: A systematic review. J Clin Psychiatry. 2010;71:247–54. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

12. Winter-van Rossum I, Boomsma MM, Tenback DE, Reed C, van Os J. The influence ofcannabison the course of bipolar disorder: A longitudinal analysis. Tijdschr Psychiatr. 2010;52:287–98. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

13. Schubart CD, Sommer IE, van Gastel WA, Goetgebuer RL, Kahn RS, Boks MP. Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is associated with fewerpsychoticexperiences. Schizophr Res. 2011;130:216–21. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

14. Wiley JL, Kendler SH, Burston JJ, Howard DR, Selley DE, Sim-Selley LJ. Antipsychotic-induced alterations in CB1 receptor-mediated G-protein signaling and in vivo pharmacology in rats. Neuropharmacology. 2008;55:1183–90. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

15. Morrison PD, Zois V, McKeown DA, Lee TD, Holt DW, Powell JF, et al. The acute effects of synthetic intravenous Delts9-tetrahydrocannabinol on psychosis, mood and cognitive functioning. Psychol Med. 2009;31:1607–16. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

16. D’Souza DC, Perry E, MacDougall L, Ammerman Y, Cooper T, Wu YT, et al. The psychotomimetic effects of intravenous delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol in healthy individuals: Implications for psychosis. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2004;29:1558–72. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

17. D’Souza DC, Sewell RA, Ranganathan M. Cannabis and psychosis/schizophrenia: Human studies. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2009;259:413–31. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

18. Le BecPY, Fatséas M, Denis C, Lavie E, Auriacombe M. Cannabis and psychosis: Search of a causal link through a critical and systematic review. Encephale. 2009;35:377–85. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

19. McLaren JA, Silins E, Hutchinson D, Mattick RP, Hall W. Assessing evidence for a causal link between cannabis and psychosis: A review of cohort studies. Int J Drug Policy. 2010;21:10–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

20. Kuepper R, van Os J, Lieb R, Wittchen HU, Höfler M, Henquet C. Continued cannabis use and risk of incidence and persistence of psychotic symptoms: 10 year follow-up cohort study. BMJ. 2011;342:d738. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

21. Malik AR, D’Souza DC. Gone to pot: The association between cannabis and psychosis. Psychiatric Times. 2006;23 [Google Scholar]

22. Hambrecht M, Häfner H. Cannabis, vulnerability, and the onset of schizophrenia: An epidemiological perspective. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2000;34:468–75. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

23. Hall W, Degenhardt L, Teesson M. Cannabis use and psychotic disorders: An update. Drug Alcohol Rev. 2004;23:433–43. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

24. Andréasson S, Allebeck P, Rydberg U. Schizophrenia in users and nonusers of cannabis: A longitudinal study in Stockholm County. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1989;79:505–10. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

25. van Os J, Bak M, Hanssen M, Bijl RV, de Graaf R, Verdoux H. Cannabis use and psychosis: A longitudinal population-based study. Am J Epidemiol. 2002;156:319–27. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

26. Verdoux H, Gindre C, Sorbara F, Tournier M, Swendsen JD. Effects of cannabis and psychosis vulnerability in daily life: An experience sampling test study. Psychol Med. 2003;33:23–32. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

27. Mathers DC, Ghodse AH. Cannabis and psychotic illness. Br J Psychiatry. 1992;161:648–53. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

28. Wilson RI, Nicoll RA. Endocannabinoid signaling in the brain. Science. 2002;296:678–82. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

29. Degenhardt L. The link between cannabis use and psychosis: Furthering the debate. Psychol Med. 2003;33:3–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

30. Henquet C, Di Forti M, Morrison P, Kuepper R, Murray RM. Gene-environment interplay between cannabis and psychosis. Schizophr Bull. 2008;34:1111–21. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

31. Mechoulam R, Gaoni Y. A total synthesis of DL-delta-1-tetrahydrocannabinol, the active constituent of hashish. J Am Chem Soc. 1965;87:3273–5. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

32. Manrique-Garcia E, Zammit S, Dalman C, Hemmingsson T, Andreasson S, Allebeck P. Cannabis, schizophrenia and other non-affective psychoses: 35 years of follow-up of a population-based cohort. Psychol Med. 2012;42:1321–8. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

33. Malone DT, Hill MN, Rubino T. Adolescent cannabis use and psychosis: Epidemiology and neurodevelopment models. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:511–22. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

34. Rubino T, Parolaro D. Long lasting consequences of cannabis exposure in adolescence. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;286(1-2 Suppl 1):S108–13. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

35. Vigano D, Guidali C, Petrosino S, Realini N, Rubino T, Di Marzo V, et al. Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in phencyclidine-induced cognitive deficits modelling schizophrenia. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;12:599–614. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

36. Bhattacharyya S, Morrison PD, Fusar-Poli P, Martin-Santos R, Borgwardt S, Winton-Brown T, et al. Opposite effects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol on human brain function and psychopathology. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:764–74. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

37. Malone DT, Jongejan D, Taylor DA. Cannabidiol reverses the reduction in social interaction produced by low dose Delta (9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2009;93:91–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

38. DeRosse P, Kaplan A, Burdick KE, Lencz T, Malhotra AK. Cannabis use disorders in schizophrenia: Effects on cognition and symptoms. Schizophr Res. 2010;120:95–100. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

39. Hernández ML, García-Gil L, Berrendero F, Ramos JA, Fernández-Ruiz JJ. Delta 9-Tetrahydrocannabinol increases activity of tyrosine hydroxylase in cultured fetal mesencephalic neurons. J Mol Neurosci. 1997;8:83–91. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

40. El Marroun H, Tiemeier H, Steegers EA, Roos-Hesselink JW, Jaddoe VW, Hofman A, et al. A prospective study on intrauterine cannabis exposure and fetal blood flow. Early Hum Dev. 2010;86:231–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

41. Lafourcade M, Elezgarai I, Mato S, Bakiri Y, Grandes P, Manzoni OJ. Molecular components and functions of the endocannabinoid system in mouse prefrontal cortex. PLoS One. 2007;2:e709. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

42. Wang X, Dow-Edwards D, Anderson V, Minkoff H, Hurd YL. In utero marijuana exposure associated with abnormal amygdala dopamine D2 gene expression in the human fetus. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;56:909–15. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

43. Harkany T, Guzmán M, Galve-Roperh I, Berghuis P, Devi LA, Mackie K. The emerging functions of endocannabinoid signalling during CNS development. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2007;28:83–92. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

44. Huizink AC, Mulder EJ. Maternal smoking, drinking or cannabis use during pregnancy and neurobehavioral and cognitive functioning in human offspring. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2006;30:24–41. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

45. Harkany T, Keimpema E, Barabás K, Mulder J. Endocannabinoid functions controlling neuronal specification during brain development. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;286(1-2 Suppl 1):S84–90. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

46. Stokes PR, Egerton A, Watson B, Reid A, Lappin J, Howes OD, et al. History of cannabis use is not associated with alterations in striatal dopamine D2/D3 receptor availability. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:144–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

47. Solowij N, Michie PT. Cannabis and cognitive dysfunction: Parallels with endophenotypes of schizophrenia? J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2007;32:30–52. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

48. Hurd YL, Wang X, Anderson V, Beck O, Minkoff H, Dow-Edwards D. Marijuana impairs growth in mid-gestation fetuses. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2005;27:221–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

49. Puighermanal E, Marsicano G, Busquets-Garcia A, Lutz B, Maldonado R, Ozaita A. Cannabinoid modulation of hippocampal long-term memory is mediated by mTOR signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1152–8. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

50. Katona I, Freund TF. Endocannabinoid signaling as a synaptic circuit breaker in neurological disease. Nat Med. 2008;14:923–30. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

51. Arseneault L, Cannon M, Poulton R, Murray R, Caspi A, Moffitt TE. Cannabis use in adolescence and risk for adult psychosis: Longitudinal prospective study. BMJ. 2002;325:1212–3. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

52. Dekker N, Schmitz N, Peters BD, van Amelsvoort TA, Linszen DH, de Haan L. Cannabis use and callosal white matter structure and integrity in recent-onset schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2010;181:51–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

53. Campolongo P, Trezza V, Ratano P, Palmery M, Cuomo V. Developmental consequences of perinatal cannabis exposure: Behavioral and neuroendocrine effects in adult rodents. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2011;214:5–15. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

54. Zammit S, Thomas K, Thompson A, Horwood J, Menezes P, Gunnell D, et al. Maternal tobacco, cannabis and alcohol use during pregnancy and risk of adolescent psychotic symptoms in offspring. Br J Psychiatry. 2009;195:294–300. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

55. Fadda P, Robinson L, Fratta W, Pertwee RG, Riedel G. Differential effects of THC- or CBD-rich cannabis extracts on working memory in rats. Neuropharmacology. 2004;47:1170–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

56. Williamson S, Jackson L, Skeoch C, Azzim G, Anderson R. Determination of the prevalence of drug misuse by meconium analysis. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2006;91:F291–2. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

57. Jutras-Aswad D, DiNieri JA, Harkany T, Hurd YL. Neurobiological consequences of maternal cannabis on human fetal development and its neuropsychiatric outcome. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2009;259:395–412. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

58. Zavitsanou K, Wang H, Dalton VS, Nguyen V. Cannabinoid administration increases 5HT1A receptor binding and mRNA expression in the hippocampus of adult but not adolescent rats. Neuroscience. 2010;169:315–24. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

59. Verweij KJ, Zietsch BP, Lynskey MT, Medland SE, Neale MC, Martin NG, et al. Genetic and environmental influences on cannabis use initiation and problematic use: A meta-analysis of twin studies. Addiction. 2010;105:417–30. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

60. Hartman CA, Hopfer CJ, Haberstick B, Rhee SH, Crowley TJ, Corley RP, et al. The association between cannabinoid receptor 1 gene (CNR1) and cannabis dependence symptoms in adolescents and young adults. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009;104:11–6. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

61. Huizink AC, Levälahti E, Korhonen T, Dick DM, Pulkkinen L, Rose RJ, et al. Tobacco, cannabis, and other illicit drug use among Finnish adolescent twins: Causal relationship or correlated liabilities? J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2010;71:5–14. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

62. Jentsch JD, Andrusiak E, Tran A, Bowers MB, Roth RH. Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol increases prefrontal cortical catecholaminergic utilization and impairs spatial working memory in the rat: Blockade of dopaminergic effects with HA966. Neuropsychopharmacology. 1997;16:426–32. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

63. McGrath J, Welham J, Scott J, Varghese D, Degenhardt L, Hayatbakhsh MR, et al. Association between cannabis use and psychosis-related outcomes using sibling pair analysis in a cohort of young adults. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010;67:440–7. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

64. Pelayo-Terán JM, Pérez-Iglesias R, Mata I, Carrasco-Marín E, Vázquez-Barquero JL, Crespo-Facorro B. Catechol-O-Methyltransferase (COMT) Val158Met variations and cannabis use in first-episode non-affective psychosis: Clinical-onset implications. Psychiatry Res. 2010;179:291–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

65. Bhattacharyya S, Crippa JA, Martin-Santos R, Winton-Brown T, Fusar-Poli P. Imaging the neural effects of cannabinoids: Current status and future opportunities for psychopharmacology. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:2603–14. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

66. Jager G, Block RI, Luijten M, Ramsey NF. Cannabis use and memory brain function in adolescent boys: A cross-sectional multicenter functional magnetic resonance imaging study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;49:561–72. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

67. Delisi LE, Bertisch HC, Szulc KU, Majcher M, Brown K, Bappal A, et al. A preliminary DTI study showing no brain structural change associated with adolescent cannabis use. Harm Reduct J. 2006;3:17. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

68. Bolla KI, Eldreth DA, Matochik JA, Cadet JL. Neural substrates of faulty decision-making in abstinent marijuana users. Euroimage. 2005;26:480–92. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

69. Arnone D, Barrick TR, Chengappa S, Mackay CE, Clark CA, Abou-Saleh MT. Corpus callosum damage in heavy marijuana use: Preliminary evidence from diffusion tensor tractography and tract-based spatial statistics. Neuroimage. 2008;41:1067–74. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

70. van Os J, Kenis G, Rutten BP. The environment and schizophrenia. Nature. 2010;468:203–12. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

71. Yücel M, Solowij N, Respondek C, Whittle S, Fornito A, Pantelis C, et al. Regional brain abnormalities associated with long-term heavy cannabis use. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65:694–701. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

72. Peters BD, Blaas J, de Haan L. Diffusion tensor imaging in the early phase of schizophrenia: What have we learned? J Psychiatr Res. 2010;44:993–1004. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

73. Pierre JM. Psychosis associated with medical marijuana: Risk vs. benefits of medicinal cannabis use. Am J Psychiatry. 2010;167:598–9. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

74. Kuepper R, Morrison PD. Does dopamine mediate the psychosis-inducing effects of cannabis. A review and integration of findings across disciplines? Schizophr Res. 2010;121:107–17. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

75. Jockers-Scherübl MC, Rentzsch J, Danker-Hopfe H, Radzei N, Schürer F, Bahri S, et al. Adequate antipsychotic treatment normalizes serum nerve growth factor concentrations in schizophrenia with and without cannabis or additional substance abuse. Neurosci Lett. 2006;400:262–6. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

76. Stefanis NC, Delespaul P, Henquet C, Bakoula C, Stefanis CN, Van Os J. Early adolescent cannabis exposure and positive and negative dimensions of psychosis. Addiction. 2004;99:1333–41. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

77. Martin-Santos R, Fagundo AB, Crippa JA, Atakan Z, Bhattacharyya S, Allen P, et al. Neuroimaging in cannabis use: A systematic review of the literature. Psychol Med. 2010;40:383–98. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

78. Linszen D, van Amelsvoort T. Cannabis and psychosis: An update on course and biological plausible mechanisms. Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2007;20:116–20. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

79. Fadda P, Scherma M, Spano MS, Salis P, Melis V, Fattore L, et al. Cannabinoid self-administration increases dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens. Neuroreport. 2006;17:1629–32. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

80. Bossong MG, van Berckel BN, Boellaard R, Zuurman L, Schuit RC, Windhorst AD, et al. Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol induces dopamine release in the human striatum. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009;34:759–66. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

Post edited by notAMember on

• Advertisement

Sporina is always trying to police other people's posts. I've even received pms telling me off.

Seriously, why are people trying to second guess why people have committed suicide on a thread about anti social behaviour?

Firstly, equating suicide with anti social behaviour is rather insensitive.

Think of the families and friends of people who have taken their lives. Do they want to be reading people's speculation on why their loved ones took their lives. Speculation from people that didn't know the victims or their circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nice fella, I'm glad the judge suspended half his last sentence so he was able to commit another vicious unprovoked attack. The phrase "lock him up and throw away the key" is very apt.

Poor woman.

Come on AGS, time to get visible and vocal on the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd be happier if that animal had been given a full sentence last time, instead of half it suspended. You ruin someones life and face and you get 2.5 years? And he would of been out on licence after about 18 months.

That should of been a 10 year sentence and you he serves every day of it.

Sentenced also had previous convictions then for assault causing harm and carrys knives. He is clearly unfit to be part of society.

is that your idea of fun? if so, thats pretty grim

suicide touches lives in every circle.. even on boards no doubt - so a reminder to be nice is no harm - and seems necessary

• Advertisement

OK. But I still don't understand what is so grim about a comment regarding your feeble attempts at back seat moding! Except maybe the back seat moding attempt itself!!!

Advertisement