Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A bit. You can now fast travel between meditation points on whatever planet you're on which makes backtracking or returning to areas far easier. Some of the planets, yeah the level design is basically one big circle where you do a mission there and end up right at the start again (not so much fighting your way back out the way you came, but just one big loop where you end up back at your ship). Two of the planets are a lot more open though and are where you'll spend most of your time, with various different areas and a central hub area.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Finished the main story and enjoyed it overall, there's some nice set pieces, a few surprises, the puzzles are challenging but never too hard and I found the combat on Jedi Master to be fair for the most part there are times when you will get caught by the start of a combo or by a crowd with no way to break free and end up dying. The story feels very much like a middle chapter so it will be interesting to see how they finish the trilogy. It looks great - when it works and that's the problem.

The game has issues and shouldn't have been released yet. Played on PS5 on performance mode and had 3 crashes one of which cost me 40 minutes of play as there was no meditation point for a long stretch. It's the first game in a long time were I could clearly see the dip in the frame rate and the game stutters noticeably while transitioning from live play to cut scenes. The pop up is bad even at close range and graphic elements will just appear and disappear out of nowhere, there is noticeable screen tearing and I had this white bar appear at the bottom of the screen during Mantis flight scenes. Cloaks and other accessories will deform or start spinning for no reason. I was surprised to hear in the Digital Foundry review that ray tracing is active in part even in performance mode as they are favouring the overall look over outright performance.

I'll press on with the side quests to see what other surprises are in the game but I think I'll chip away at it from time to time as my motivation to go on is low right now.

Some of the combat force tears are insane. Going to have to abandon them for now. I'm fully skilled up so can't get stronger, just don't have the patience for them at the minute. Might end up having to drop the difficulty of them.

The bounty hunters are really difficult too, just because some of them come in pairs or groups and you're just belted with blasters and barely able to get proper hits going or even it interrupting your heals (might jig about with my perks as I no longer need the one for extra XP). If you run low of force or block, you're going to have a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm just a couple of trophies off the plat, I really enjoyed the main game so kept going after I finished it 🤣

I'm the same. Just one trophy let for doing the precision counter thing with dual blades. Spent yesterday evening chasing down all the shards to buy everything in Doma's shop and a few other combat trophies (focus dodges, dropkick etc).

I did drop the difficulty from Jedi Master to Jedi Knight for 3 of the force tears. Did try them a bunch on Master but was just never going to happen before smashing a controller, so took the safer option.

I'm happy I kept going with it after finishing the story. Still enjoy the gameplay a lot, the maps do have some great boss fights in small areas you can accidentally wander into. Will probably give it a NG+ playthrough further down the line, when hopefully most of the performance issues are resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ran into an annoying bug which has stopped me in my tracks. During the fight with Rayvis, I killed him just when he killed me so the boss ending cinematic started then I died. Now whenever I try the fight he won't die, i've fought him for like 5 minutes after his health bar reached 0 and he keeps going :D

Apparently a known bug but as you can't exit the area until after the fight I'm effectively stuck till a patch. Ill play AOW4 in the meantime.

Platinumed. Also googled how to get into the locked room in Pyloon's Saloon and boy, that was not remotely worth the effort.

A fantastic game, dampened by performance issues and too much collecting (obviously a lot of which you can ignore, but there are also a lot of upgrades which give skill points). But they improved a hell of a lot from the original. Combat is fluid and fun and on higher difficulties can provide a real challenge in places. Fast travel is a godsend even though there can still be confusing map layouts and frustrating traversal required between areas. The story is decent, though drags a bit for the first half. The game has some amazing setpieces and great boss fights.

Just on the last trophy now, the priorite shards, don't actually mind once I got the map that tells you were they are 😂

Some of them are still a pain in the hole to get to. Never mind I did a bit of traversal, fighting etc in places to get to a treasure on the map, and it ended up being a datadisc instead of a shard...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Finished the game and I enjoyed it. Lots of improvements over the first game, fast travel especially useful. Still find the map very confusing though.

I thought the ending was a bit of a let down though. Travel to a planet and have a boss fight, the end.

No comparison to the excellent last level of Fallen Order.

• Advertisement

I eventually got all of them but it seems the map you get was supposed to show if it was priorite or whatever, mine didn't 😂

Mine didn't either. All shards, discs, scrolls etc were just called Unobtained Treasure or something. Pretty sure I'd gotten all map upgrades. It didn't matter much as I could kind of figure what areas were most likely to have datadiscs instead of shards, just didn't realise it at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

And the bounty hunter bugs are still unfixed, which include the issue of not having the bounty menu option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The holo tactics game is fun.

Is it? It looks like they just let the normal game AI control the "pieces", also you need to win 3/3 rounds, winning 2/3 is actually losing.

It was okay. Yeah the AI controls it all, but it's just about picking the right pieces and some fights can be close enough. There are a few pieces you can pick which make the majority of fights pretty easy though. But yes, it sucks when you've won 3/4 of the fights and then lose the last one and have to start again.

As minigames go, not the best, not the worst, but I thought it leant more towards good. It was easy to understand, didn't take long, wasn't forced on you, was something a bit interesting... it was pretty good all things considered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fun watching it play out, its really random at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Really surprised how little praise/discussion this game generated.

One of the best games Ive played in a while. Played On Jedi Grandmaster Difficulty and beating bosses and learning combat was so satisfying. The traversal was exceptional aswell, coupled with a great story. Im not big into Star Wars but have watched the films, and it was a better story than those new films.

My only annoyance is there is no Achievement/Trophy for completing the game on the hardest difficulty.

Bounties are after bugging out for me, theres no menu to track them, pity as I was looking forward to tracking them all down and killing them.

• Advertisement

Very common bug, and they were (and still are) to busy celebrating the release to fix it.

Menu option is locked, I have the rumor to talk with Caji, but she won't talk to me except for those random small talk conversations you get after progressing the main story.

Bounty Hunter glitch supposedly fixed with the newest patch.

It is fixed, but now it's a chore, after I finished the main story I need to go back and forth to Caji for every bounty.

Yeah that's fair. It's not as bad when you're doing it throughout the game, but having to go back and forth for each one can be a pain. Think I only had 3 or 4 left at the end that I had to do.

The loading in and out of the cantina doesn't help either.

Should you be able to do all bounties during the story or are some only available post game? I'm stuck at 10/16 and she won't give me anymore.

Some might be tied to locations; if you haven't unlocked a location (or ability to get to that location) maybe she doesn't give them to you.

Edit: Although from Googling, it seems there might still be a bug where if you killed a particular bounty early (by finding them in the world before Caij tells you about them), she can get stuck. Not sure if this has been fixed yet.

It's clearly something that was added late and not properly tested, and not even properly integrated. So for the bounties where you have to fight through sections of minions until you reach the main one they even lock up already discovered meditation points.

Well at least you get to see

Boba Fett

• Advertisement

My main issue with the bounty hunters was just that there were only about 3 or 4 types of bounty hunters, mostly recycled from the last game, and repeated in various combinations or making you have to fight through a bunch of adds/minions to bulk up the difficulty. Would have liked if most of them were properly unique.

Advertisement