Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto GP 2023 Season

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Super racing across all 3 classed tonight.

Stoked for winner of GP - went for glory and was a class apart. Wishing him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Martin claiming a bad tyre costing him the championship. Ignoring the dud tyre Bagnaia had yesterday.

However it's the latest in a long line of complaints about Michelin. I'm surprised they are still suppliers. Money talks I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not a great race for a spectator but some impressive rides. It's been a while since I watched a live though so my observations are probably not in line with others

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This was lovely. Poor fella lost his seat to Marquez for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Bombshell announcement : RNF have been stripped off their 2024 moto gp entry spots.

The team had rejected a takeover bid 2 weeks ago , a meeting held in Dorna offices , today at an extraordinary meeting which included the FIM and IRTA ,RNF was removed from the grid.

A spot for a team to run Aprillas in '24 has been retained.

The strong rumour before the weekend was that the NASCAR team , Track house , had made a take over attempt , the RNF assets are now effectively worthless without an entry.

In other news , Marini has been confirmed at Honda , with Diggie going to VR46 (with all sorts of rumours of additional help from Ducati )

Update : Trackhouse Aprilla moto gp team to launched during the off season,, one factory spec 2024 bike is hoped for , Miguel and Raul remain along with the previous RNF engineers etc

Post edited by Infoanon on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

slept in today :-D

Marcs bike.

1.30.6 after 4 laps on the Duc.

and a look of surprise and delight 😁

The grin he had after taking off the helmet was funny.

id say he is well happy.

game on for the title now I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Can't wait to see this marc on Ducati

Rea too on Yamaha

Post edited by kirk. on

I spent the day watching the test.

2 standouts, Acosta and Marc.

Acosta looks the business, I’d say he will podium later in the season , a win might be a stretch too far, given the amount of Ducatis on the grid.

Marc wasn’t out of shape anytime in regards to pushing compared to Pecco and Martin who were backing it in everywhere. Marc wasn’t pushing the front at all and looked well within his limits doing that lap time.

• Advertisement

marc comparing the Ducati to Honda, interesting,

Anybody here been to Portimao?

I’m gonna be booking tickets soon and wondering what the best place to sit would be?

From reading and watching on YouTube,

high up in the main grandstand you can see a lot of the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Been loads of times. One of my favourite tracks even though the facilities are not great

in regards to getting beer and food and the likes.

Grand stand is great because you can see down in the pit land and garages but it can

be really cold if there is any sign of a breeze. The acoustics are brilliant too.

The stand at turn 5 is good too. Great views and no problems getting food and drinks as you

are inside the paddock.

Turn 1 is really good, a great spot for overtaking. Last corner is good as there is plenty of

overtaking too.

It really is a roller coaster of a circuit and you won't be disappointed with any location really.

It can be tricky to get in and out of if you are driving, if you are not driving, make sure you

have a taxi/uber booked as they are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Went in 2022, sat in Bancada Sul at the last corner, good of the downhill sweeping section from Turn 14 and along the straight. Plenty of overtakes here. If I went back I think i'd try sit elsewhere though.

Not sure if it was an organisational hangover from Covid, but facilities were shocking, easily the worst i've witnessed at a race. Our food/drink was confiscated at the entrance and it was over 60 mins queue for a beer/burger. Pissed rain for a large part of that weekend and there was no shelter at all. No merchandise stalls in our entire section either so couldn't browse these between sessions, so make sure you stop into the ones at the main entrance if you want to pick up stuff.

We drove to the track, was grand except you have to collect you car park pass at a separate location en route, this caught out a few people. Without driving I think the track isn't the most accessible. One of our group got fed up of the rain on the Saturday and left early to try make his own way home by bus/taxi, he unsuccessfully arrived back to us about two hours later.

thanks.

I have booked 7 nights in portimao for 2 , apartment and flights for 560 euro which is good.

will probably rent a car while there for a few days to get to the track.

I still haven’t booked the tickets yet, will more than likely be turn 1 or high up in the grandstand.

any place I’ve looked for tickets hasn’t had seat selection, maybe they don’t do it there?

will keep having a look of where I think I will enjoy sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Was there this year 2023.

We were in the main grandstand and had good views , numbered seating.

Definitely need a car , easy enough to access but usual heavy traffic on race day.

We chose a covered grandstand in case it rained which is likely in March .

Consession stands were a little inefficient , were allowed access the track after the race but you were not allowed to return to the grandstands which meant that there was no access to toilet facilities.

Heavy traffic leaving but no different to any other European circuit and have been in far worse jams post race.

Would definitely go back , Portimao itself is a good spot to stay in.

thanks all,

I'm booked up now, booked the second row from the back, of the upper grandstand.

didn’t wanna take a chance with the rain.

and will probably rent a moped or motorbike instead of a car to manage the traffic better.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Good stuff. As far as I know the only place you can rent bikes is in Portimao.

You'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Enjoy! Also a tip on the seat selection, in case anyone reads this in the future, i've noticed that buying tickets directly from the track often allows you to select exact seats whereas buying from the MotoGP site you can only pick a stand. I'm not sure if its for all races, but it was definitely the case at Jerez this year and one other track i've visited in the past but I can't remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

I was able to pick the exact seats on the Silverstone website, although the suggested seats were good enough anyway. And just as well I did as the stand seems to be sold out already. (Club corner C)

• Advertisement
Advertisement