Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto GP 2023 Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Breaking news ;LCR have confirmed that their intention is to remain with Honda next season while also confirming that KTM had approach them, Lucio, about their contractual position .

Lucio also confirmed that Alex Rins is in negotiations with Yamaha and Honda for next season.

Finally LCR have confirmed that Alex Rins will be replaced by Iker Lecuono at Silverstone while Alex continues to recover from injury.

LCR indicated that KTM are looking for 2 additonal bikes on the grid ,which appears to confirm the Acosta and Marquez rumours .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cal appearing on the Yam in September, I do love to see that lad on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

MotoGP will immediately introduced a slightly-tweaked version of their 2023 format.

The new weekend schedule will come into effect at Silverstone this weekend on August 4-6, the next round of the championship.

New MotoGP format

Friday morning: 45-minute Free Practice 1

Friday afternoon: 60-minute Practice (session timed for entry into Q2)

Saturday morning: 30-minute Free Practice 2

Saturday morning: 15-minute Qualifying 1

Saturday morning: 15-minute Qualifying 2

Saturday afternoon: Sprint race

Sunday: Warm-up

Sunday: Race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

At silverstone myself this weekend,

from a tv perspective not a fan of the new format with sprints and stuff this year, don’t think sprints are needed.

Interested to see how it goes at the track, I’m thinking it will be better.

coming from clare this morning and the rain we have had for the last month I was thinking it would be a washout. But it’s nice and warm, a few patchy dark clouds , but nothing like the full dark cloud cover we have been experiencing in Ireland the last month and hoping it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

When you are back, give us a breakdown of the trip will ya.

Ticket cost, accommodation etc. I've never been to Silverstone

but really want to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

The sprint race definitely made the Saturday track experience much better. Much larger crowds, better atmosphere etc. Although at Jerez they definitely weren't prepared for the larger crowds on the Saturday, so take that into consideration getting to/from the track etc. Enjoy the weekend!

Will do,

I am staying at the whittlebury campsite in a camper, went into the hotel for breakfast and while waiting to be seated noticed Santi Hernandez standing beside us, wanted to ask him how was Marc but didn’t :-P

lots of Repsol crew there for breakfast

Marquez winning in the wet ! Except it was Alex.

Dry main race tomorrow, Bez looking strong but don't discount Maverick.

Hopefully Dixon can move through the field but Aldejuar looks strong.

Fingers crossed Scott Ogden can do something from his front row start - it would be great if he got his first podium.

Finally xsApolo - wait around to after the talent cup race and take the opportunity of walking around the track.

Peco is a lucky lucky boy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

It's insane how they get away with it

• Advertisement

Fantastic advertisement for Alpine Stars boots for sure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Considering that Peco was spinning it was 50/50 whether Brad ran over his legs or torso/head. Lucky man indeed.

Could have been another Simoncelli type accident. Very very lucky! And a miracle that nothing was broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I see Iannone has been welcomed back with open arms by Ducati and will ride a satellite in WSB next year.

Jonathan Rea going to Yamaha 😲 !!!

Sunday was a good day for Pecco and Moto GP.

The focus on Pecco meant that Bastinnia injury was not discussed, unfortunately Enea is out for the next three rounds , Pirro who was wild carding at Misano will now probably be a replacement rider.

Aprilla and Aleix putting in an incredible performance, Ducati should rule the roost at Misano but Vinales is also expecting to race for the win and it's not beyond the realms for Maverick victory this weekend.

Dani Pedrosa is wild carding for KTM and the first test of 2024 bikes takes place on the Monday after the race, Marc Marquez is expected to then decide if he stays with HRC or switches to Gresini.

The rumour mill in over drive after Ducati commented that they don't have a say in who Gresini hires......unlike the situation at Pramac were Frankie will be announced soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Marquez got a try of the 2024 Honda and he didn't seem too much more impressed.

Could he actually leave Honda?

Yes, Marc yesterday told the media he had 2 options on the table (later said 3 options to the Spanish media ) and that he will make his decision around the time of the Indian GP (if it happens ) and the Japanese GP.

A repsol red Bull Gresini Ducati appears very possible at this moment.

Meanwhile Millers time at the factory KTM team is apparently in doubt with Acosta being fast tracked skipping Gas Gas....

It's now official - Marc Marquez is leaving Honda at the end of the season.

Almost certainly Marc will join his brother at the Gresini Ducati team.

Names from Vinales , Olivera and Lecuona have been mentioned as replacements but it appears that Zarco (a Honda contracted rider) will move up to the factory team with Iker Lecuona moving to LCR.

Cal Crutchlow has Marc as WC in '24 already...

Wow, be interesting to see how he brakes on the DUC , seeing as it seems really planted in that regard and he is demon on the brakes.

Also according to MotoMatters he won’t be taking any of his team with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yeah sounds like Honda wouldn't let them?

How he works on the Ducati, it will be interesting to see. A few riders have more experience on them now but I can't see him suffering like he has on the Honda.

• Advertisement

Has to be good news anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

This might be the only reason I pay for a videopass next year. I love MotoGP but it’s missing something of late and I’m not referring to 46.

I just watched the weekends race today on Wednesday. It’s the latest I’ve ever watched a race for a long time!!!

Well, it’s written somewhere else it was Ducati that wouldn’t let him take the team.

they didn’t want a team of people who could all be gone in a year coming and seeing the secrets of the bike.

In not too well up into the technical side of it but they were saying on BT it will be almost a factory setup with marquez next season

The BT team is fantastic they really do work as a team

Hodgson can be a bit annoying but he's not the worst and Michael and Sylvain are outstanding and the commentator and Suzy are excellent too

Well that was a corker. Delighted for men in 3rd and 1st place.

Weather forecast must be really bad for tomorrow if they opted to move the race forward.

great race. Likewise I was delighted to see the podium finishers

Philip Island once again deliveries with a thrilling moto gp race on Saturday, I believe Zarco first suggested swapping the moto gp and sprint races which turned out to be the right decision.

5 battling for a win - brilliant, while the drama this morning with the moto 2 and moto 3 protagonists crashing on their sighting laps !

Only negative this weekend was Scott Ogden being parked for being outside the 107% time on Friday , electrical gremlins after his first lap stopped him on the circuit and all attempts to resolve the issue by his team and Honda failed.

Common sense should have prevailed

Casey Stoner commentary and insight was invaluable -Arbolino getting all excited about standing beside his idol was hilarious.

Olivera to Repsol is the hot rumour this weekend

What a difference a few weeks can make ; it's now expected that Fabio Di Giannantonio will be on the factory Honda next season .

With Honda only offering a one year contract and Olivera wanting a three year contract , discussions have ended.

Iker Lecuona has been confirmed as staying in WSBK , and apparently never in contention , and both Vinales and Aleix were not interested in moving to Honda , the remarkable out come is Marc and Fabio will swap rides.

Thailand this weekend , weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday Is rain , Alex Rins is out injured.

Cracking Q2. Martin looking rattled - something tells me he's going to bin it later in Sprint.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same, but he did the opposite!

Title fight goes to the last round and I'm guessing by how close it is, probably down to the last race on Sunday.

Lookin forward to it ✊🏼

Advertisement