Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto GP 2023 Season

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The main race is 20:00 right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The Moto 2 was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kazakhstan race pulled, not had a chance to read press release yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Danni Pedrosa ftw!!

• Advertisement

Unreal isn't it?. Had to pinch myself when I saw the reports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

The commentary makes it

I learn loads from the bt team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

A dominant weekend for Bagnia ,the first sprint and race winner on the same weekend.

Disaster for Yamaha and Honda.

Hopefully Alex Rins makes a quick recovery, Joan Mir is also on the injured list.

Germany next - normally a Marquez win is guaranteed, Bez will be hoping for a better weekend - and the new swing arm that Bagnia has !

The silly season is in full swing - Frankie Morbidelli dropping the unexpected quote 'why do you think I want to spend another season with Yamaha '.

Pramac have made it clear that while Jorge Martin has an option to leave for Yamaha , Ducati can retain Martin by simply matching the offer !

Pramac also clarified that they expect to keep Zarco.

If Martin was to leave ,expect Bez to replace him with Frankie going to VR46.

Arbolino going to Gresini looks a done deal , Acosta could land anywhere - his management indicating that he is not tied to KTM.

Fun times ahead in what was supposed to be a quiet silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

2023 MotoGP Sachsenring, German Grand Prix

Friday June 16th

• 8.55 am: free practice 1 Moto3
    • 9.45 am: free practice 1 Moto2
    • 10.40 am: 1 MotoGP free practice
    • 1.15 pm: free practice 2 Moto3
    • 2 pm: free practice 2 Moto2
    • 2.55 pm: 2 MotoGP free practice sessions

Saturday June 17th

• 8.35 am: free practice 3 Moto3
    • 9.20 am: free practice 3 Moto2
    • 10.05 am: 3 MotoGP free practice sessions
    • 10.45 am: MotoGP qualifying
    • 12.05: Moto E – Race 1
    • 12.45: Moto3 qualifying
    • 1.40 pm: Moto2 qualifying
    • 2.55 pm: MotoGP Sprint Race
    • 5.30 pm: Moto E – Race 2

Sunday 18 June

• 9.40 am: MotoGP warm-up
    • 11 am: Moto3 race
    • 12.15: Moto2 race
    • 2.00 pm: MotoGP race

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

Bennett's British Superbike Championship

The Bennett's British Superbike Championship returns this weekend (June 16/17/18) after the opening three rounds as the series reaches Knockhill in Scotland. Seven different riders have celebrated podium success from the opening nine races, with five of those securing race wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What a crash that was today, Zarco is a lucky man.

I was at that corner years ago , 2010 I think, Rossi return after the leg break. where lorenzos Yamaha blew an engine and dropped oil on the track, Ben spies I think and Randy depuniet came off braking into that corner and the speed at which the bikes went into the fence the other side of the gravel trap was insane

if zarco was half a metre further who knows what would of happened,

shades of that Austria race where the bikes flew between Rossi and vinales.

Glad that Johann and Marc are ok after that crash,.

Marquez lost control of his bike and torpedoed Zarcos Ducati which such force that the front was ripped clear, chassis destroyed.

Dissapointed that Marc didn’t go over to the stricken Zarco, Far more dissapointed to find later that Marc was blaming Zarco for the accident .

It was a racing incident , against a background of Marc being on the verge of a crash every lap.

Clearly the Honda is difficult, Rins and Mir out , Taka crashing earlier and Marc crashing after a few 'moments ' prior to the big crash.

But Marc doesn't seem to want to accept the situation and continues to override the bike which leads to incidents like today and of course the Olivera collision in Portimao.

Bez fastest but he did get a great toe from Pecco.

Fabio in the top 10 was probably the highlight of the afternoon.

Marquez how is he even allowed back on track

Well to be fair to Marc, anybody can go down there, regardless of wether they are having a bad time or not, it’s a horrible corner.

I wasn’t watching today so far, but I saw short on YouTube of vinales and Alex Marquez of the exact same thing happening?

the pit exit is not the safest, they will probably introduce a traffic light there or something.

Marc has done many shocking things but that wasn’t one of them.

he has a nasty streak for sure, a lot of his actions are questionable, and just hopping on the moped and riding off shows that.

you could of gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just getting off the track , but then he hopped on the moped 😁

Marc crashed 3 times in quali today.....

Marc with two rebuilt bikes could not compete in what was a very competitive sprint race.

Great racing between Pecco , Martin and Miller and between Martin and Marini , and between Marini , Binder and Zarco !!

Martin double over take was only equalled by his save !

Sasaki dominating Moto 3 quali , Moto 2 super competitive between Acosta, Arbolino and Dixon .

Marc is out again.

I was happy that common sense intervened and Marc missed the race after 5 crashes.

Danilo Petrucci probably very happy to have declined the LCR ride.

What a race !!

3 excellent races today , Moto E first race was also good btw.

The Moto GP championship is on !!

And Dani is back at San Marino for another wild card !

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

What are the chances Marc stays with Honda for the last year of his contract?

Could he go elsewhere? I think the only seat that's available might be on a yamaha beside Fabio. Would love to see Marc strangle the Yam around a circuit.

He's too fast for the honda anyhow

Putting himself and others at risk pushing it

If he is going anywhere it will be KTM I reckon.

KTM’s rider are contracted to the end of 24?

Marc on a factory KTM in the GAS GAS Brand would be cool, Catalan rider and Catalan bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

That Honda looks horrible to drive and see the way the rear "catches" must be a nightmare for the riders and especially the way Marc drives .... Yamaha not much better but seems a bit more stable this year if not way of the pace ,Fabio doesn't seem to be able to get much out of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Just curious, if lap times are within a few 10 tenths compared to 2, 3 or even 4 years ago why don't they reintroduce a bike model that worked then especially as the Nth degree "improvement" is in fact breaking the bike and negating their so called advancement

I imagine it’s not so easy to roll back on design, especially with the restrictions on riders currently in the championship doing tests.

a lot of the issues might not show up until the likes of Marc hop on and are pushing that last 3% that a test rider can’t do, and by then they might only have 1 or 2 tests to improve the bike off the riders comments. Also engines need to be submitted for the year and can’t be changed., same for Aero , with 1 update allowed I think.

making any massive changes could send them ever more backwards,

the only things they could easily roll back on would probably be the frame, swingarm, which then again engine mount points are most likely different for each new iteration of frame or engine, so then it really isn’t the same design as previous years.

im sure there are a lot more reasons than that why they can’t just revert 3-4 years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Yeah I was thinking of KTM or Gas Gas but I don't think they could afford his wages?

Yamaha might nab him as they are having a desperate time at the minute.

Legrand - good question, Yamaha have gone back to a 21 frame and settings but to no avail

GavPJ - KTM can afford Marquez, Red Bull would undoubtedly finance it.

The issue is paying off Honda to release Marquez - which it's rumoured Red Bull are willing to finance.

It's known that a third KTM team was envisaged but the two previous Suzuki spots can only be filled by a new works team as Dorna previously made clear to Pons and now KTM.

So we have gone from a relatively quiet silly season with Martin to Yamaha (now off) , Gresini to Yamaha (also believed to be off) and Morbidelli to VR46 replacing Bez who would move to Pramac, also now off.

Instead rumours persist that Marquez will leave Honda imminently, Fabio is also at breaking point with Yamaha but has no where to go , Acosta will be fitted in at KTM somehow with Augusto being fitted in somewhere , Arbolino is in at Gresini and Dixon could be RNF bound !!

It's possible the summer break will calm everything down but at the moment the Ducatis are getting faster while others , eg Yamaha , are slower than last year meaning all bets are off rider line up for '24

@Infoanon MotoGP certainly has a bit of life back in it this year.

Pedro Acosta will definitely bring more life to it next year!!!!

Bautista test on the Ducati went well too. Are we going to see

him back in the paddock??? Johnny Rea will be glad to see him

go if he does.

Brilliant weekend at the Cathedral again.

Delighted with the Moto 2 result - is that podium on the way to Motogp next year ? (assuming no demotions from the podium )

Great racing in Moto GP, Moto 3 - Scary !!

GavPJ - Bautista will not becoming back to Moto GP full time , can't see a wild card either - test rider Piero having time on the bike is more important.

5 week break now ;BT Sports will be TNT , and some rider movements may be confirmed,

The big news - Honda will NOT prevent Marquez from leaving at the end of the season.

You could be right and Marquez off to KTM! Imagine the pain he is going to be in when he gets old!

• Advertisement

Stefan Pierer , the CEO of the parent company of KTM , has confirmed that Pedro Acosta AND Augusto Fernandez have contracts for KTM moto gp rides next seasons , along with Pol Espagaro if he proofs his fitness.

Pierer then goes on to more or less confirm the rumours that KTM will provide KTMs to Honda contracted LCR next season, implying that private teams are struggling and KTM will be the solution.

Regarding Marc Marquez , Pierer has asked 'do we want him?,will he suit or bike? ' adding ' do you not think he has been asking us for a KTM ?,

Silly season rumours have Rins at Yamaha, Acosta and Marc Marquez at LCR KTM , Joan Mir trying to do a deal with Ducati ! - can it get any sillier ?!

Advertisement