Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upfront with Katie Hannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The main problem is that the gardai are way too light touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a better format just having the 1 topic for the show each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Some clowns on this programme. Walsh saying there's antisocial behaviour because gardai aren't providing an adequate service and the other lad saying that Gardai were seen an occupying force apparently lol. What planet are they on?

There were a lot of people contradicting themselves in the studio. However I heard people around me saying stuff that they weren’t willing to say in camera, and that was that people have be one laissez faire in accepting the behaviour as normal and acceptable, everyone being afraid to stick head above parapet for fear of being shot down, so everyone just keeps relatively quiet about it and avoids as much as possible places where antisocial behaviour most often happens.

They were saying that the show is very much in its infancy and they are discovering by mistakes all the time, and admit they have got thing wrong and and happy to receive negative feedback.

• Advertisement

I think she’d make a kind of interesting brand of LLS host. I sat in the audience of her TV show 3 tines and she was always very good humoured with the audience. Katie a tad more uptight, but she made a joke about my fake leather jacket which the director asked to be taken out of sight, she asked did I have loads of money in it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Seems to be only the last twenty minutes on the player? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It might have been sh1t, but CB got a 100k pay rise over the last few years, so she did something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Very true. She would be natural at the valentine's or Eurovision specials. Not that I watch them thankfully but she'd be comfortable with that rubbish.

But I could actually watch her show, she was up for making a fool out of herself like broadcasting from the garden shed.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

I hate how everyone is too afraid to be straight out for fear of being accused of being classist or racist or whatever.

When the question was asked about whether parents should be held accountable in terms of fines etc for their feral kids, it's like they all deflect away and say it's not the right approach.

Parents should know where their kids are and if they don't it's bad parenting. No offence to the norry lad but the excuse that parents are too focused on paying rent, food etc. just doesn't cut it. Most of these I would bet are from social housing and even if they weren't, lots of people go through many things. If a business owner goes to the wall or can't find staff, they still have obligations. They have to pay tax, pay staff etc. There's no excuses.

• Advertisement

I have strong opinions on this too, as one of the speakers mentioned last night carrot and stick approach is best, incentives for positive behaviour, deterrents against bad behaviour. The thing is human beings can have an inclination to be antisocial as much as social, for the sake of it, for the bravado and to serve one’s own self-centred needs. Antisocial families find their own brand of camaraderie in being oppositional and antisocial. It just shouldn’t be accepted.

I worked for years in Dolphin’s Barn/Crumlin area, which was mixed old working class, new buyers, old middle class, some Protestant, off SCR. Always has been a diverse area, a lot of Jewish people and immigrants have lived there for a long time. What I saw happening was that a lot of the working class people went back to education, parenting classes, they developed ambition. People who couldn’t read or write went on to do further education. A lot of children from working class families went on to college.

Many other districts are way too ghettoised, and the ambition among a cohort is to be a big noise in the criminal world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They must have been badly stuck to have to bring Smith on it, although she isn't as popular with her constituents as she used to be by not supporting the protests.

The copper was having none of it when Hannon tried to suggest it was the Guards who were the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes noticed that, her name escapes me but was impressive as was in fairness the Senator lady, Chambers was it?

Hannon very jumpy, not relaxed and in control, hands everywhere and the general audience seemed to have been drugged…( not recode though who seemed nice and alert )

Aah got the name now Antoinette Cunningham… no nonsense performer when Hannon tried to blame the keystones for everything.

Set needs changing ,Hannon has to lean away from everyone one the panel as if they had bad breath .

Needs to keep her head straight, not sitting on her left shoulder.

Lot of work needed….. lot of work.

She seems very nervous. Lacks a bit of confidence at the moment.

The intros go on far too long, it's worse than the Chase. The music playing while Katie speaks and the guest staring at the camera.

I completely disagree with many of Bríd’s politics, and I know a lot more of them froN decades back, one thing I have to say as my first ever Co-worker in the libraries, she was the hardest working public servant I ever came across, totally dedicated to public service.

Another thing about Bríd she was always very selfless, it was always you or anyone else she would assist ahead of herself. And I totally disagreed with a vote amount of what she came out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

Maybe it should be Renamed Uptight with Katie Hannon ? 😉

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

That guy that had his mortgage go up €600 a month is getting hammered by his lender.

Mine has gone up as well due to the ECB interest hikes but something needs to be done to help people like him.

Didn't see it, what was the story?

It went up 600 euro, in reference to what?

He was in the audience saying how he was a former PTSB mortgage holder who had it sold on to a vulture fund and they hiked his repayments up by €600 a month.

This was part of a general disucssion about the interest rate increases over the last few months.

• Advertisement

Can vulture funds change the terms of the mortgage? Or how did they up it by 600 a month? And would they not be able change mortgage providers? I'd love to know the exact details in that case.

He was only talking for a few mins and they were the only details he gave, seems a huge jump all right but he seemed genuine.

Ah yeah I'm sure he was genuine but lots of these funds have bought mortgages from irish banks. If this was a normal tactic of massively increasing the monthly repayments then I'm sure we'd have heard a lot more about it. So I'm thinking there is some important details we haven't heard.

Katie dealing a bit awkwardly to the evicted person in distress, hand waved out in a moving away gesture.

M

It's all about to go Peter Tong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

The amount of sh1t about to clog up the fan.

Same hand gesture she used to the distressed lady.

Eoghan Murphy, lol

I’m not sharing my apartment with anyone, unless he’s a God

• Advertisement
    M

Clearly what happened is the cuckoo funds are calling the shots.

Advertisement