Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upfront with Katie Hannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Casey is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭ax530

I didn't hear start how they picked the 7

Sure the other candidates at home watching annoyed Peter Casey didn't even hang around for full show

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Casey is not doing well here tonight, he's allowing himself be shouted over and dismissed. Wonder did he have a few pints beforehand or has he just lost his edge a bit? I like him but don't think he's a strong enough candidate. Even his X posts are a bit unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,971 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Casey did state he was illegal in the US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I'm off to bed. Peadar and Ming are the strongest candidates out of this debate. Barry Cowen isn't bad either. I'll be looking at the candidates who are not on this panel!

M

A 3 state solution, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Three state solution....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Shocking choices for the constituency. Pauline Riley and Maria Walsh should be school teachers, not politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭archfi

KT is really bad at this.

The candidates are worse.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
    M

The ballot paper will be like a receipt from a night out with Dee Forbes using the RTÉ credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Ming - hands down winner so far, has all his talking points to hand

Peader - doing very well

Maria - very poor, don't think she'll be reelected

Cowen - mediocre, looks like a school headmaster. Might get elected as best of the FFs

O'Reilly - doing better than I expected but no chance of being elected

Saoirse - last time I saw a twitter post of hers, she sounded like a student leader (and not in a good way) but I thought she was good tonight, very good on her facts and handed Casey his ass early on re not paying tax. V weak later on foreign policy though

Casey - nowhere on details, let Peader eat his lunch.

McManus - not great, will struggle to hold his seat ahead of Gildernew unless a SF wave brings in 2 candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I'd say we're looking at Ming, Peader, Gildernew, FG (prob Carberry) and either Cowen or McManus

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Ming is the Man, streets ahead of the rest, Maria is a doll but little substance, Pauline O Reilly is pissing against the wind by objecting to the Galway outer bypass, Peter Casey for the birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,822 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it his lying about never being an illegal immigrant that you find intriguing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

In fairness though...

Bosnia and Herzegovina has a bicameral legislature and a three-member presidency made up of one member from each of the three major ethnic groups. However, the central government's power is highly limited, as the country is largely decentralized. It comprises two autonomous entities—the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska—and a third unit, the Brčko District, which is governed by its own local government.

M

I see there's an extra 20 minutes going on to the show tomorrow night to deal with perhaps the most important issue in the country since its formation…a debate with the candidates for the complete Mickey Mouse role of Mayor in Limerick. Last week there was just the normal 1 hour slot for the candidates for MEP election in Ireland North East. This show needs to be taken out of its misery, don't know what clowns are calling the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its a bit of a strange one all right, I mean is anyone outside Limerick going to have any interest at all in watching a debate on who gets the job of Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭elperello

For anyone with more than a passing interest in politics it's worth a watch.

There are some interesting candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How are they interesting?

Apart from viewers from Limerick most of us have no idea who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,737 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The most well known is John Moran but there are a few with lesser profiles worth hearing from.

I just find the process interesting and I think it's worth covering.

By the way I'm not from Limerick so have no dog in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What a horrible bunch of candidates on first impressions. Katie said in the preview that there's 15 candidates for this Limerick mayoral role, there's 8 on stage at the moment, maybe they're bringing out the other 7 later. The audience look enthralled. 🤭

Katie's opening salvo with each candidate was to mock them, I don't have a problem with that. Like…

"An investigation is under way into the theft of the deputy mayoral chain which was stolen from a city councillor's car in Limerick.

Independent Councillor Frankie Daly, who had deputised for the Metropolitan Mayor at a number of events over the weekend, had left the chain in the glove compartment of his car in Corbally last Sunday night."

• Registered Users Posts: 54,034 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone see the Goth Girl, she doesn't look to be all that happy to be there at all lol

Good news, the audience is alive. We got our first applause, an applause for the woman candidate dressed in green on the far right, directional far right, not the boogeyman far right. The next candidate got an applause, and so did the next candidate, and the next, and the next...

Jeez, they wouldn't have planted supporters in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The audience is compromised mainly of low level politicians....and possibly some residents from local nursing homes.

An extremely underwhelming group of candidates.....and no sign of the Vegan Viking 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

Katie said at the start of the show that the candidates were allowed to invite their own audience guests and the rest of the audience was general public

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lmk123

Frankie Daly is some lunatic 😂

The audience applause is only coming from these few supporters. That Daly lad is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Leddin and Sheehan coming across well imho.

Quinlivan floundering, Butler seems desperate and on edge.

Frankie Daly out of his depth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Clare voter but I found programme interesting. Candidates represented Limerick well. Segments inevitably short.

Advertisement