Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upfront with Katie Hannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Holy God, that was embarassing from Mattie McGrath. And I'm often a supporter of rural TDs.

Barry Ward is an arsehole too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Barry Ward wouldn't be one of my faves either but McGrath made him look like a statesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

That Sinn Fein rep said there were 4 Ukrainian doctors working in Cahirsiveen, are they not needed back in Ukraine?? Sure they're just economic migrants... Ciara smyth another acedemic nicely set up hardly touched by the influx of refugees/economic migrants/chancers on about the amount we've taken in compared to Germany and France, she forgot about the per capita ratio for our population size, it's maddening to see such as her so far removed from what's happening on the ground but well insulated from the consequences of what she shills for

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That’s how most of these chancers operate Mr S.

Especially the MMS .…… well sinecured and insulated from coal face.

All sticking together to divide the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The_Erection_of_Cass

Basically, any business owner is for unlimited migration. Cheap labour and a bigger customer pool.

The open borders crowd have zero empathy with renters or those on waiting lists. They couldn't give a toss about us.

Big shot lawyer or whatever she was saying it's ONLY 13,000 asylum seekers a year. First of all, that number is rapidly increasing and two, we only build about 25,000 or 30,000 housing units a year meaning a substantial amount of our new builds each year will eventually house asylum seekers. (yes they won't be in a house right away, but they'll eventually end up in a house somewhere which won't be able to be lived in by an Irish person)

Also fair play to Barry Whyte, it would be easy to toe the corporate virtue signaling line that we should take in unlimited numbers of asylum seekers.

If wanting Irish citizens to not be regarded as collateral damage in the process of making hotel owners and politicians rich with their asylum seeker madness makes me far right, then I am proud to say I am far right.

When Mattie McGrath said that over 100 people made 1 million euro in the first 6 months last year on asylum seeker accommodation, Barry Ward the gobshite said "what's the alternative?"...How about not bringing these people in in the first place?

If 1 million Algerians arrive on a boat off the west coast of Ireland tomorrow, are we going to take them in?

I hear things like "Government have promised funding for areas with refugees"....yeah, after they arrive! Government have no problem negotiating with accommodation owners months and months in advance of them arriving so take the finger out and provide the services in the area first!!

And I haven't even started on the fact a large number of these asylum seekers are scammers tearing up documentation on arrival. There were even scammers on Katie Hannons Upfront last year....one guy from South Africa said he came to Ireland on a trip, had a look around, liked the place and decided to claim asylum here!

Enough is enough. Immigration/asylum seekers is my number 1 issue in the next elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Watching Upfront with Katie Hannon tonight and they're discussing concussion. There was a foreign member in the audience saying that if you hit a keeper in the head in Olympic Handball now, it's a red card. I played the game a lot when I was younger. How can that be an offence? You can't be hurt with that ball. Not many people play it in Ireland, but it's great fun.

A lot of people who get regular concussion go on to have very serious neurological conditions .

I have MS, which is autoimmune, not to do with concussion, but it does affect autonomic nervous system, and you can get episodes of passing out. Around this time last year I collapsed in my apartment, giving myself a facial injury and concussion, knocked out for some time as when I woke up I was surrounded by a pool of blood. Paralysed for several hours after I became conscious, fecking terrifying, thought my spine had been broken and I’d be found dead a week or two later. I certainly was really unwell for some after and spent two weeks in hospital.

Oh Jeez, Mullet Shane Byrne is in the audience again on the show. You can be sure they'll go to him for some reason with his endless fountain of garbage. Where does he find the time?

This professor is struggling with his argument there.

Motor Neurone Disease is particularly common in sports players, especially football, types of dementia too.

• Advertisement

We've been pre-warned. They're going to talk about rugby soon, and no doubt they'll come to Professor Shane Byrne, and possibly how he could have been great, only for concussion.

For somebody diagnosed with Dementia, he’s an extremely sharp-minded man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He must have some agent as he has much more exposure as an ex player than he ever had as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

No, he would have been great only for his hair.

Shane Byrne: ‘I was dropped from the Irish squad twice because of my hair’

Surely it’s like a helmet that would protect him from a cannonball

School rugby going forward and the game as a whole.

In individuals with genetic susceptibility, strenuous exercise may result in MND. It’s a matter of knowing your genes, and most of us don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Horse $#1# RTE strike again!

Ah God, I've got to record this.

• Advertisement

The minister saying hardly any cases end up in the Supreme Court. You'd want to be Scrooge McDuck with deep pockets to get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like a complete car crash of a referendum.

Definitely recording this on +1. This minister is out of his depth. The amount of legal issues that he doesn't seem to realise that will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Photobox

Thomas Byrne is refusing bladently to answer about the legal implications of a marriage break up and a new relationship, where does the person stand regarding property etc, he is waffling on about how we all know couples in that position but not the legal implication in a Yes vote, he is totally out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tandey

Tuned in to try understand what this would actually mean by voting yes but that minister looks like he is absolutely clueless and can't give us any explanation of what it would mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't understand the need to rush this through, send it back to be redrafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tandey

Does this government actually think us citizens are thick?

Actually I know they do. Cannot wait to vote them out. This guy is spouting some drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,069 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Thomas drinking that water feverishly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

If I wasn't confused before, I am most definitely now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mehico

Usually in these type of debates, both sides of the argument are laid out clearly by each participant but tonights debate seems to have confused matters.

Advertisement