Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Ended up taking the plunge and trading up from my old S10e to the S23+ in June (availed of the 15% discount code and a further €125 given for an old Moto G I had lying around, so came in around €950 for the 512gb (free double memory offer)).

Generally impressed, particularly by the battery life which is a massive upgrade from the old phone - even with "light" mode on, the new Snapdragon processor seems to take everything in it's stride (thank God Samsung finally moved on from the diabolical exynos processors they saddled EU phones with for years).

Wouldn't say I'm particularly blown away by the phone however - other than the battery, I would say the improvements are incremental rather than a massive leap forward, even from the S10e. The camera is fine, but seriously annoyed at this unfolding shambles with the banana blurring of some images (given the nature of my boring job, I sometimes take photos of text/docs at close enough angles - the text blur on these is very noticeable and simply an embarrassment for a supposed flagship device at this price point). Samsung have finally acknowledged the issue and have promised a fix on an unspecified timeline, but this will obviously involve some software workaround given the issue is a hardware/lens one.

Anyway, if battery life holds up as well as it's started out so far, I see myself holding onto the device for a number of years. If the buying experience of this has told me anything though, it's to be wary of the hype the manufacturers try to attach to each yearly release. Developments in the phone market are very much minor / incremental at the moment in my view and I imagine I'll have other pressing draws on c. €1000 of discretionary spend in the future inflationary environment that will push phone upgrades down the rankings!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭caddy16

Going to upgrade to the S23 ultra with Vodafone. Anyone know if they usually have deals coming up at this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rhinosaurious

probably not anymore, though they do have the trade in deals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Id say any of the deals now will be on the new Flip and Fold models. If you are upgrading though see if they have any trade in deals going. I got one earlier in the year and the best trade in deals were only available in store so worth calling in.

Went on to check the trade in deal and see they are doing free upgrade to 512GB and pair of Buds 2 with the S23+ , might have to rethink about the Ultra.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations.........not in a rush to change to but but wondering is this offer on the plus as good as I'm going to get or should I wait to see on the Ultra. The camera is the biggest factor for me on the phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

anyone using the s23 plus or s23 ultra.

Are they worth the money.

Looking for a phone with good battery life and good camera

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

have you any problems with it.

Where did u get yours, how much was it.

Is there a warranty with it

• Advertisement

Finally went with the S23 plus, free double storage, buds 2, €300 discount and enhanced trade in.....from what I was reading online it may be the last plus version so trying to sell off I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

S24+ is already confirmed and rumoured to be 1440p this time

Ok sorry I read it online and just thought it may be the reason for the good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hi folks , is there any where to sell a s23 ultra without hassle (like swappie for iphones)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I traded my S22U in to CEX, fairly seem less process.

CEX, also refurbed.ie used to purchase also. Could post here in case someone's looking

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Snowcast

Has anyone here had one of the three smaller camera lenses repaired? One of mine is broken and I'd like to get it repaired, but I'm unsure where to go (nowhere locally fixes them) and what cost to expect?

Would anyone know of somewhere reputable in Dublin city centre that repairs them on the spot for a reasonable price?

Someone here might be interested, adverts is ok once you ignore the low ball offers

Anyone have a referral code or discount? Was gonna wait for the Pixel 8 but tempted to pick up the S23+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭TheRona

You should see 15% off on the Z Flip 5 promotion when clicking through from Revolut, but this discount will apply for anything.

Funnily enough, with the S23+ it shows the same price whether you get the 256GB or 512GB, so you actually get a really good deal on the bigger one: Approx 23% discount + 2% instant cashback + free Buds2 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Hi guys anyone know how s23 ultra is going for 899 on adverts? It's from a few different phone shops, receipt , warranty the works. Just doesn't seem right. When it's an extra 500 plus anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

They import them from Malaysia I think. The set of phones I bought for myself and wife I bought in one of the shops in Dublin CC that advertise on Adverts. I've bought two S9s, S20 Note Ultra 5G and earlier in year a S23 from from shops in Dublin. Not an issue with either one, have worked perfectly, are not locked to any network, and you get dual sim functionality. And Im with 48 network, and sim had no issues in phone, and have been abroad, and everything worked perfectly too.

Nothing wrong with them at all. Legitimate Samsung phones, covered by Samsung global warranty, and you also get a store receipt from the

If you are interested in them, I found the best thing to do is to go around a few of the shops in Dublin and check out the prices they are charging, as you can save another 50-100 euro for the same phone in shopping around. I've always haggled with them, its difficult , but you might knock them down a few more quid or they might throw in a cover for you.

Some may only accept cash, the S23 I bought back in March was a shop just up off Henry Street, on Mary St. I think, and they accepted Paypal. Phone was upgrade for wife, upgrading her from the S9 I got previously. Absolutely perfect. I'd stay away from any of the guys on Adverts that don't have a shop.

Thanks for the advice! . Yeah I bought I think an S10 years ago ,was a decent saving at the time .Was wondering how they did it! Thanks I'll defo go with one that has a physical store and good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

No worries, you're welcome. I was apprehensive when I bought my first one, but haven't looked back since !

I plan to replace my Note 20 Ultra with the S23 Ultra myself in next few weeks

Are they under global warranty? I was looking at buying one, but they couldn't assure me that the warranty was covered here, and I couldn't see anything on Samsung's site to say an Asian phone would be under warranty here. I'd also say you're looking at max 1 year warranty, rather than 2+ years for one purchased in a store here. In any case, I'd say the store would take the phone back off you and replace it, then do their own warranty replacement back in Asia if needed.

The other question mark for me was insurance. If you're planning on insuring, then you almost definitely wouldn't be covered.

In the end, I got the 12GB/512GB Ultra direct through samsung for just under €1400 with free Buds2 Pro. Not too much more than the €1k for the same model in the shops on Adverts.

Not sure there is global warranty on non EU phones tbh.

Be also very careful of look-alikes there is a boat load of very good imitation samsung devices with random parts interiors on them.

• Advertisement

Nice! I'm half thinking of actually going for s22 ultra at 650eu Vs the 899. I have a Poco f3 at the moment so still a great upgrade.

Advertisement