Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S23 series

• 24-12-2022 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I am looking forward to switch from S22 Ultra to S23 Ultra.

Any idea what free goodies we may fetch this time if we order it pre-launch?

Supposedly launch will be in end of Feb 2023.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What was it last year for the s22 ultra do you know? I'm guessing it won't be as good this year anyway, everyone trying to cut costs with this economic downturn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It was 17th Feb 2022 when I ordered S22 ultra.

I think there will be some improvement in battery, display and camera. Let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,627 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Galaxy Buds Pro (Black) the last time with S22 Ultra pre-orders. Plus the Disney+ year sub IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Currently holding S21 Ultra, was going to hold out for S23 but now thinking of jumping to iphone 14 pro.

Will S23 be worth waiting around for ?

Yes.

Can't compare android flagship with iPhone 🍏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Do you think you will get a good trade in on the S22 Ultra? I've a pretty new 256GB S22 Ultra, but I'd upgrade (if it looks good) if I could get value on the trade in.

€550 trade in value for s22U 256GB.

I will use my student discount to avail of 15% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Most leaks point towards the S23 series being almost identical in appearance to the S22. I'd assume they'll make enough changes so that cases from S22 series won't fit though, like move volume+power keys up or down slightly. There are some rumours S23 Ultra will severely reduce the curved screen to be an almost flat display, that would be nice but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looks like there will be price hikes according to more leaks.

Rumored Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra price leak out of South Korea suggests the cheapest Galaxy S23 model could be US$899 - NotebookCheck.net News

I skipped last years phones so I'm on the S21 Ultra but might pull the trigger on the 23 Ultra if I like what I see in the next few weeks.

From the article you posted:

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: 1,599,400 won (~US$1,253)

If this is the price, then I will definitely pull the trigger on S23U.

• Advertisement

Rumours are 1st Feb for release.

Looks will be very much similar to S22 series.

https://www.lowyat.net/2023/292368/new-samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-s23-plus-images-leak/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It will look pretty much the same. But with the new qualcomm processor the battery should be much better. New camera should give much more light in and better night photography. And supposed to have a flatter edge around the sides.

Il be changing up from the S22U anyway no reason other than like to have the latest one. Have the S22U 512GB burgundy and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Oh make sure register for the event and make sure to reply to the email to confirm registration. That should in theory give you some discount code like previous years. I messed that up last year by not confirming.

Have had no other marketing sent out about it since though and launch is in 10 days.

I signed up using Samsung Account and I didn't get a confirmation email. I believe by using Samsung Account its automatically registered.

I am using S22U 256GB. And plan to get S23U 256GB. Hoping to get free Buds, Disney TV subscription and student discount again this year 😉

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Post edited by ChopShop on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm using an S22 Ultra 5G. Looking at the spec comparison there only seems to be a few camera & processor tweeks. Hardly worth the upgrade for me. Might be giving it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Any sign of another discount through revolut this year? 😂

Apparently prices are as per the below

If the prices turn out to be this way for us it's bloody crazy money. They would want to be giving you something very nice for pre order bonus.

• Advertisement

Prices are high if they are true 🤔😏🥜

Absolutely, rumours of the galaxy buds pro 2 and a free upgrade on the storage for pre order in some locations so 256GB->512GB for the cost of 256GB

I absolutely only need 256GB at most so I'll see how this pans out. Hoping the trade ins are solid, want to get rid of this S22+ ASAP as the battery life is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Have an S22 258GB anyone know how much of a trade in Samsung would offer me?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've gotten so many pre-launches at this stage that I don't know what I'd do with another setup of buds #FirstWorldProblems

I've the 1TB 22 Ultra, I won't be changing, in fact I'd say I'll be holding onto this for a few years, I've "only" 150GB used and of that I could easily free up at least 50GB, performance wise there is nothing this won't be able to do, in fact I have the S20 Ultra for work and that does everything the S23 does, I really can't notice a difference in performance between the 2 of them, I think the day of my pre-launches are over, in fact unless you're an uber geek you wouldn't even be able to notice the difference in most releases anymore.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Amidst talk that the 23 Ultra hss the same panel as its predecessor, and no price increase in the US, it's pretty easy to feel disgruntled.

Unless there is something to mitigate that price tag I'll be buying it from outside this country

For me it's all about the efficiency and battery life of the new Snapdragon processer that we are finally... FINALLY getting in Europe.

All the current released phones with the new CPU have iPhone Pro levels of battery life. Which by itself is worth an upgrade for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Battery life doesn't bother me anymore, I'm never too far from a charger and fast charging is so fast now it's a non-issue for me, even if people do complain about Samsung not being the fastest possible charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

It will be hard to beat last years offer - I ended up getting the Ultra is was so good .

15 % Revolut + 10% from Samsung + Free Buds + Disney plus .

And the best bit , they gave me €420 trade in for a 4g S20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I was looking at the S21 fe for a bit now but was waiting for a decent offer. Does the new release typically result in a decrease on other models pricing, ie S21/22?

• Advertisement

I got same deal. I doubt Revolut will do it again this year.

Advertisement