Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carnivore 2023

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

So beef, eggs, bacon, butter, other ruminant meats and water should have (it has) me firing on all cylinders.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MickyBest

All right, so be it. I learned something new, too.

What about the potassium? That's also a very important component. Is there enough of it in animal foods?

Another quick google shows theres 500mg of K in 100g of beef..... i did a quick google for you on getting magnesium included in this way of eating, enough can be found in beef.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Meats and fish are also a source of potassium. If not getting enough was a worry, you could cook with/use lo-salt instead of normal salt as it contains 50% potassium.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Yeah i'd probably just look at electrolyte supplements when not eating carbs as you lose a lot of stored water without glycogen.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement

Well, if there's butter, I'm not worried about you. I wonder how your challenge will end :)

Not really a challenge to be honest. I dont see it as one and if i did i reckon it would be harder manage it. Whats challenging about eating bacon and eggs as well as nice fatty cuts of red meat really? They dont need seasoning, think about it any starchy carbs i.e. potato, rice and pasta you need to season it with sauces, butter or cook it with meat to make it some way appealling thats more of a challenge making those types of food appealing.

Better living everyone

6 eggs and 4 streaky rashers at 10, a striploin and a venison burger that needed to be used up at 1 had a training session tonight covered 5km my Garmin says i burned 575 calories. Got held up till nearly 11 o clock with a visiting relative and i wasnt going to face into cooking at this hour, not really feeling hungry anyway this might become a regular thing yet. Hard to believe im not hungry after that training session i have two sessions tomorrow evening so it will hardly work tomorrow evening.

Better living everyone

It's a good thing I don't eat potatoes and pasta :) But I like to add meat and gravy to rice. And sometimes I like to add soy sauce. It complements the rice well.

I eat eggs and meat a lot too!

No update for last week as the results would ve skewed. Went for pints saturday night and in my hungover sorry state of mind yesterday evening i had a pizza. Im bloated, inflamed and even still feeling sick after eating that this evening still. Definitly not worth it.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

This weeks figures

Neck 17.5 no change

Waist 41 down 1

Gut 43 down .5

Chest 43 down 1

Shoulders 53 up .5

RH Quad 24 no change

Weight 131 kg

Had a few drinks over the weekend nothing overly excessive and thankfully no carb loaded meals over the week at all after last weekends **** up.

Going to aim for the 2000 mark calorie wise this week to try get progress on dropping weight sustainably. Im listening to a lot of the Revero Podcasts the last fortnight or more the main take home from that is 1-2lb of ruminant meat per day plus a few eggs so ill work off of that. Also going to start getting in a few weight training sessions through the week as despite all the cardio its not working wonders right now as well as not getting massive NEATs with work at the moment. Also set a few goals in terms of events i want to partake in before the year is out to set myself up for next years events so that should add a bit more motivation.

Better living everyone

This weeks numbers.

Neck 17 down .5

Waist 41 no change

Gut 42 down 1

Chest 44 up 1

Shoulders 53 no change

RH Quad 25

Weight 128.5kg

Thats 6kgs lost over the month of May along with 9 inches, hopefully we can lose the same this coming month. Last week was more or less 1-1.5lbs of beef between 1-2pm then 6 duck eggs and maybe a few rashers depending on the day in the evening time. Caloric intake would generally be 2000-2100 calories daily. Im feeling great have great energy and a bit more drive in me too when it comes to training aswell.

Better living everyone

Weight 132.5 up 4

Neck 17 no change

Waist 42 up 1

Gut 42 no change

Chest 44 no change

Shoulder 51.5 down 1.5

Still feeling good but should have seen a bigger weightloss so far. I reckon i will cut down/out eggs and eat more beef in its place. Clothes fitting better, im getting way stronger and faster at swimming and running i completed a 5 mile last weekend in an hour bang on which im very happy with my avg pace has improved by 1:02/km compared to the last race similar distance i did back in April when i was eating ****. Definitly notice the inches gone in the shoulders in a photo taken crossing the finish line and i could go into a chain of clothes shops yesterday and found something that actually fitted me well too. Coach said im flying it and looking a bit leaner too. Im off to smoke a brisket now.

Better living everyone

Progress photos in this one

Weight 131.5kg

Neck17.5 up .5

Waist 41.5 down .5

Gut 43.5 up 1.5

Chest 43.5 down .5

Shoulders 51 down .5

RH Quad 24.5 down .5

Up and down again all over the place at the minute had a wedding last week so this WOE wasnt adhered to greatly as well as a fair consumption of alcohol through the week. Getting back into it after that week off however its summer and its the first summer ive had to enjoy out of the last 4 and you could even throw in a southern hemisphere summer too just before i got home where i didnt give myself a break at all. Im not going to pass up pints at the weekends this time if year especially with the fine weather but will remain fairly disciplined other wise. Have a solid training routine going at the moment now, it had me out doing a 10km run friday night thats become part of the training regime now and back in january i had aimed to complete one 10km event over the year which i did in April when i was after falling off the wagon.

Right heres the photos, say what ye want and be honest im not going to be offended.

14/05/23

11/06/23

Exact same clothes only difference is the runners and socks in the photos.

Better living everyone

The first photo would have been around the time i started back on this WOE too.

Better living everyone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note

This is likely a dangerous diet that has potential long term health effects.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement