Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent arrears described as Long Covid

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭snowcat

Persons who might possibly be considering renting a property that will turn in to a pert 4 tenancy need to take heed of this story. Be aware that the moment you now rent a full property in this country you have now lost ANY control of the property. You would want to be clinically insane to consider renting an entire property to a family or group and give them part 4 rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I would agree an unorthodox cancellation of the agreement is a way better option than going through the courts. Catastrophic boiler failure, a massive sewer issue or unfortunate break of water supply leading to unsafe and inhospitable dwelling usually sorts it. The tenant wont cover the costs and the landlord cant pay because he is insolvent due to non payment of rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Exactly, take the boiler out, throw a rodent around the place and that might get them out fast enough.

Action would have to be taken.

My friend had an issue with a tenant who broke the contract the second week she moved in. Long story,but she went to her property for few days and got the said tenant out all by herself, put her stuff in black bags, off you go. Yes of course the tenant lodged a case against her on Rtb even so she broke the contract on the second week. But at least she was out and replaced with a nice tenant.

Living the life

I find it very strange that there are so many contributors on boards that think they know how rentals should be managed better than anybody else, they also believe that landlords are making mega money but yet never got involved in providing rentals. Are they afraid of all the money they will make or is there something else holding them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Part 4 is not a new thing. The terms might have been modified but the concept has been in for quite a while.

It could be rectified with the stroke of a pen.

Non payment of rent -1 month written warning,2 months second written warning,3 months 30days notice of bailiff eviction

Repossession 4 months

The reason it will never be fixed is because it will push the problems on to the council

Who is telling you how to manage your rental dude?

Your postings on here give the clear impression you are not able to manage whatever you are doing and so maybe it's not for you. Trying to explain simple facts and point out that things which are happening should have been understood as a possibility in advance of them happening is not congruent to telling you how to manage whatever you are trying to manage.

We have a few similar candidates above who are advocating that the best "solution" is to do an illegal eviction. Are you going to row in behind that and support that as some kind of legitimate advice? I'd advise those posters that maybe it isn't for them either. Ultimately I don't care what they do. They'll get no sympathy from me though if they perform an illegal act and it bites them in the arse (as it is likely to do)

Unfortunately doing it the very strictly legal route will result in you losing a lot more than your arse.

And a stroke of the same pen could strengthen vulnerable tenants' rights by extending the eviction ban for an additional 12 months

• Advertisement

Concept was lovely and well intentioned but has been abused by tenants and is now obstructing long term leases. Unintentened consequenses and all that. Again the minute you enter a part 4 as a landlord you are in trouble. You now have to increase the rent by the RPZ amount even if you do not wish to do so. Meddling in markets and price caps rarely if ever work.

thus putting anyone off entering the market.

Result?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is a mess. I'm closing it rather than go hand out more cards than the Netherlands Argentina game. There are a few posts that will have to be infracted as they are that seriously in breach of the rules

Donald Trump and Dav010 - I strongly, strongly suggest you both place each other on ignore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement