Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the Americans put a man on the moon?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

this is very entertaining really

its like the video of the flat earther who fired the was firing the lazer throught the 2 holes to try and prove the earth was flat and when the experiment failed ( or actually worked) he just looked confused and said there was something wrong with the experiment

some people are so stupid they think they are smart

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Why would they do something that some aggressive weirdo making ridiculous claims was demanding they do?

Why wouldn't they swear in the Bible according to you? You already believe that they've spend decades lying and being part of the biggest hoax in history and are being paid handsomely to do so. They wouldn't have any issue lying while swearing on the Bible.

Weird that you are bringing up this guy though cause as far as I'm aware not even he contends that all space flight is fake like you do. He claims that the Apollo missions were partly faked by sending unmanned craft towards the moon.

Why are you citing him when tou believe he is completely wrong and as brainwashed into thinking spaceflight is possible as the rest of us?

Again I notice that you are falsely complaining that your points are not being addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They lifted it up (which would adjust it for the earth's curvature) and it "worked" proving the earth was curved, their panic was funny. But it's all either attention seeking, grifting or an attempt to believe a god into existence.

This is why conspiracy theorists don't actually want to get into the nitty gritty of their beliefs and fight tooth and nail to avoid doing so.

They don't want to consider that their beliefs are false.

And if people want to know where the "thrust doesn't work in a vacuum" came from, it was people arguing against Robert H. Goddard, a rocket scientist, and was famously editorialised in the New York Times, they printed a correction to the story 49 years later in 1969 (the year of the moon landing):

New York Times Retracts 1920 Article Saying Spaceflight is Impossible - RF Cafe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Oh dear. So, they filmed it orbit? Which you say is impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

"A sickening part of this video is how he mentions being visited by men in black suits, not long after making contact with Sibrel, threatening him and his family, which is why he decided to only release the footage after his death."

But he was OK with the "men in black" who threatened him hurting his family after he had died? That was fine?

There are two possibilities here:

1. You actually believe all the, I'll be charitable, questionable stuff you post here. In which case you have my sympathies.
    2. The other possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ridicule. It is definitely ridicule. you can rest assured that it will stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

First time I've seen this but very interesting. Just shows they were wise to it before NASA (the organisation founded by a satanist and scientologist) started making their fraudulent grainy footage. They've only bought themselves 50 years of time, the age of the internet is already exposing their disgusting lies.

Lies like the challenger "disaster" which killed all these astronauts who somehow have doppelgangers still walking around today. Some who couldn't even have bothered changing their names 🤣

But I guess this was debunked long ago...

Not sure why I keep coming back here posting these smoking guns. I guess I get a little enjoyment to see just how neck deep in the fairytale people are.

Kinda sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I see you’re not going to address any of the points that have been raised about your previous post, absolute head in the sand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you expect others to accept an unsourced photo as proof of anything from you of all people?

Yes, this has been debunked long ago. There is nothing linking those blurry, pixelated, unsourced photos to any of the people who died on Challenger other than looking vaguely similar.

Again, if we spend any time thinking about the claim you are implying (but won't state directly) we see that it falls apart and doesn't make any sense.

You are claiming that Nasa, in addition to faking the entire shuttle launch fake blew it up and claimed all of those people were dead. But then they simply let the astronauts go back to the world and get themselves photographed? According to versions of that silly meme you've posted, they are even still using similar names.

This is obviously and patently ridiculous before we even consider what possible motive they would have for doing this.

But of course, you won't respond to any of these points as you've not responded to any of the points put to you.

When each of your claims gets debunked, you ignore and gish gallop to the next one as if we haven't heard them all before.

Also, Nasa wasn't founded by "a satanist and scientologist".

This claim about Satanists being involved in the conspiracy I believe is another indication that you are indeed a religiously motivated flat earther.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Conspiracy theorists never address any points. They seem to subscribe to the notion that if they pretend not to see something, it stops existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

With every post the poster makes, they either submit evidence contradictory to their earlier claims - such as here, which completely discredits their own theory in a fundamental way.

Or, are forced into ever more implausible claims such as the Challenger doppelgangers, which doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny.

Apparently now the conspiracy and charade it has to maintain extends to anything involving satellite communications, and the Chinese space programme.

They might also throw a distraction grenade, where they will try to distract from being caught out in the above, by trying to get posters to prove some irrelevent tangent.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,075 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not sure why I keep coming back here posting these smoking guns. I guess I get a little enjoyment to see just how neck deep in the fairytale people are.

Admission, finally, that you're on the wind-up, maybe?

Do you ever regret spending disproportionate amounts of your life camping out in an online conspiracy forum posting repititious (sic), cynical, condescending drivel? Surely there are more positive ways of making the world a better place?

Even the most basic of searches will show the numerous accounts of that image being debunked. One of the guys claimed to be "not really dead"*** was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Scobee, who is supposed to be some CEO (who was working in Chicago at the time of the real astronaut's training). The McNair guy is the dead astronaut's brother, etc. Really simple stuff to find out, yet you couldn't even be bothered to get a legible version of the supposed 'smoking gun' (lol), which proves that you just grabbed it from some random site where it's been posted multiple times to the point where it can't even be read any more.

***Making such a false claim as this, that people who essentially died for their country in the pursuit of knowledge and science didn't really die and are part of some elaborate hoax, is a new, disgusting low for you. It puts you on the same level as Alex Jones and the other scumbags harassing the parents of dead children, calling them actors. Lower than a snake's ballbag, the lot of 'em, and you're happy enough to just throw it out there as a form of entertainment?......to just watch others and see how they react to such blatant and demonstrably untrue statements?

You are a fraud, a complete and utter charlatan. Dodging questions, refusing to commit to answers, never directly stating what you believe so that you can weasel out of any counterarguments, throwing up smokescreens and now, accusing the families of long-dead public servants as being paid shills who never lost their loved ones?........Based on what, a grainy, pixelated image that's been compressed to the point of illegibility that you couldn't even be bothered to find a decent copy of?

Like I said, a new low. Disgusting.

the organisation founded by a satanist and scientologist

Coming back to this point after thinking about it. The only person I can think of that you might be referring to is Jack Parsons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Parsons

He's a very weird and interesting fellow, but he wasn't a satanist, he wasn't a scientologist and he didn't found Nasa.

Would love to hear who you believe founded it.

Absolutley disgusting, but par for the course with these guys.

They are sociopathic in their disregard for common decency when accusing people of faking deaths, dead people being false flag actors, associating deaths to diseases with absolutely no correlation etc.

just disgusting, over and over.....

• Advertisement

It really means it's going to be ~47 more years before you post your own correction.

Honestly, the real interesting area (as you're not that convincing at all with the other evidence) is if you actually faced on and tried to prove the existence of a greater being rather than trying to disprove verifiable facts. We're heading into the next decade where the likes of Artemis and SpaceX will push boundaries (budgets withstanding) leaving you with unsurmountable evidence to try and debunk or you can face it head on, outline your actual beliefs and why they are true (odd that you wouldn't know about Goddard and the Markus of his time trying to debunk him, but at least you can see what the vacuum fallacy was built upon now).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Spacefans like you have been saying boundaries will be pushed since the 90s and literally no boundaries have been pushed whatsoever and won't be pushed in our lifetimes either. It's getting embarrassing at this stage as each year passes.

Here's a toast to all the "anomalies" on getting man "back" to the moon and all the other failed missions to come! 🍸️

But you're not able to point out any anomalies in the previous missions that you are actually willing to defend.

This is a good indication of the quality of your claims going forwards as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

According to you space travel is all faked. This is your theory. You're on a public forum, if you aren't able to demonstrate it to anyone, then the issue is likely that your belief is false.

A year ago there was a poster who claimed we all live under a giant dome, it's absurd of course, but it has as much evidence as your belief, i.e. none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

It was funded by the Americans with lots of help from German scientists.

So yes, kinda, I suppose ..

yeah, we've just received photographs from as close as 1000 kms from the surface of the moons of jupiter, which is only 630,000,000 kilometers away from earth......

but hey, we're not repeating something we did 60 years ago, therefore it must be fake.

Multiple mars rover launches to Mars by multiple countries

Lunar rovers sent to the moon by multiple countries

Mapping satellites for mars and the moon in continual orbit.

Robots flying on Mars.

Re-usable rockets flying multiple times each month.

Starlink (that's visible for people who use telescopes)

Investigation of Pluto.

Deep investigation of Saturn.

James Webb uncovering the oldest known galaxies and reshaping the big bang theory.

Artemis 1 flying successfully around and back from the moon on the first attempt with a crew module.

Chinese space station.

International space station.

Many space tourists.

Among lots of other things, all since the 90's.

Start the debunking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Did the Americans put a man on the moon?

Of course they fucking did.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yet still nobody on the moon in 50 years.

Whether it happened or not I don’t really care, but do you not at the very least question why it hasn’t happened (beyond the funding, headcount, politics excuses).

On another note, as I’m not an Astro Physicist like the many that the conspiracy theory forum on boards strangely attracts and have little knowledge of space flights, in the 6 landings, was it 6 for 6 in 3 years or was there any disasters/failures.

Genuine questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Advertisement