Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Yeah. I was told I was on 1.12 when I checked before I upgraded. Then I got told that 1.12 was successfully applied.

Eco mode definitely far zipper when you floor it.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grumpygit

I tried checking all the software modules using car scanner software and couldn't spot any differences since upgrading as well so must not be a major OTA, hope it fixed my navigation audio and AWD. Have still to drive it since upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I took the plunge to 2403 - someone had to!

Easy upgrade, no issues, took about 25 mins, sideloaded apps remain intact.

Wireless CarPlay now available, tested and working (although I use Android for my personal device I have a work iphone)

I don't see any location services in the app although other users did report them, might be still geo restricted.

BYD App store available.

Android Auto music track showing on driver screen (I don't recall seeing this before).

Remote Lock/Unlock now a toggle in the car but still not available in the app.

Won't get a chance to test drive until tomorrow.

Strangely the app thinks my doors are unlocked - might resolve itself but I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,862 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dyna version is different on mine. Mines AWD btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DEFIE

you are tempting me now 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grumpygit

Mine is still showing 4.52.30 weird, when I got the car I had to upgrade the software myself, wonder was there a pre req or something needed before that upgrade which could be causing my issues with navigation audio and the Dyna not upgrading. The navigation seems to be missing a line of code to open a speech path as I noticed when I have given google assistant a command and waiting for it to reply, I will get an audible navigation command if one occurs during the time period google assistant is active

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Technique

Hope that's not your sat nav destination in the second pic 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 EFX

Have tried a system rest, press the button down on the right of the driver selector and hold this down, it will restart the system, or you could use the factory reset it won’t roll back your version I have found but might cure the audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Cork981

I’ve upgrade to 2403 as well mainly for wireless CarPlay which is working fine now.

The speed warning is also no longer an issue and barely audible.

It doesn't beep the second you go over the limit it takes a few seconds and when it does it’s barely noticeable. I had to turn my volume down to even hear it.

I used turn it off on every journey but will be leaving it on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sealman

I can confirm that after doing the software update there is still no navigation audio

Anything Negative/Bugs with the 2403 update. Planning to give it a go later

I haven't found any issues anyway. Only improvements.

I had a door unlocked warning for an hour afterwards but that has resolved itself now.

This is really confusing since mine works perfectly.

What's the difference between our cars I wonder...

Yeah my nav audio is non existent too. Doesn't make a difference if it's Android Auto from my phone or the native nav app.

Interesting that nav audio working on some cars and not others even though they have the same software

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Don’t use it myself but I’m assuming this is not the reason ?

No mine is turned up to full and have done a system reset, made no difference

taking the plunge with 2403. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 EFX

The no nav audio is common from Reddit and other forum posts. Haven't found a fix yet though

looks like a nice few extra bits in 2403. Very happy so far.

Gesture control for A/C temp and fan speed. 3 finger horizontal and vertical swipes on the screen bring up adjustments

Front emergency braking stays off when selected. I can use roundabouts properly again

TSR is now perfect. Displays flashing symbol no sound can now be left on all the time

Alternative Frequency function added to the radio. May improve the (Shite) reception -not tested this yet

Wireless CarPlay

Web browser

Car location visible in the app

Electronic manual app added but it does not appear to be available yet for IE

Changes in the UI CPD has its own tab and is called something else and the panorama camera is named differently too

Happy out 😁

Where is the vehicle location in the app?

I don't think that's working for me on 2403, unless I've missed something.

My mistake. Seems I just needed to update settings in the app. Working now.

I think that setting is in the app not the car. Pushing enable brings you there

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Greengrass53

General question here. I have owned an id3 for last 3 years. No complaints whatsoever. Hasn't cost me a cent apart from changing tyres. Looking for a bit more range, should I go for id4 77kw or one of the BYD range. Sorry I can't be more specific but not au fait with BYD cars. Thank you.

Not sure what range any of the id's bring but for reference I'm getting about 475km in the AWD flavour in this weather on 80/100km/h roads with the odd bit of weeeeee style driving thrown in.

In winter that was 400km on similar roads with a tiny bit of motorway thrown in.

It's in the car and the app but I had already enabled it in the car (which I remember from my pics in yesterday's post), thanks.

• Advertisement

My wife has an id4.

Nice car, obviously much bigger on the inside.

Software is appalling in my view. Very poor UI/UX.

Range is inferior to the Seal, and it's just nowhere as nice to drive IMHO.

Advertisement