Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭bren2001

We didn’t know anything about Evie because it’s a TV show and the producers decided to tell us nothing about her.

Yes, the stronger faithfuls get voted off. I don’t understand how anyone doesn’t pause when Evie is voted off and wonder why Harry only told a select number of people and that the whole theory flips at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

That is fair.

The whole theory fell apart once she was reveled as a faithfull. Andrew being revealed as a Triator should have hammered that home.

Awh well. What can you do eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Harry definitely deserved to win. Andrew and Jaz were the only ones who could have stopped him, and they both waited until it was too late. Jaz would have needed Andrew and Evie's votes to take down Harry, but he didn't push Harry hard enough at the first roundtable. And Andrew should have planted seeds about Harry a day or two earlier.

But it's been Harry's to lose since he got rid of Paul, and even when Jaz did question him a bit last night he batted it away easily enough. Mollie nearly flipped on him but Jaz hadn't done enough to convince her.

Do feel bad for Mollie, as it all rested on her at the end and it's easy to see why she made the choice she did. Harry never gave her any reason to suspect he might be a traitor.

Great series though. I said it before but it's a show that's at its best when it's real, genuine people, rather than quasi-celebs or wannabe-celebs or "personalities".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yes - this took zero intelligence to work out. There was no complication there at all . You could argue Jaz was robbed of 50k and the title of winner by the stupidity of Mollie - all she had to do is answer the question Why did Jaz vote to go again ? That’s all. It would have made a much better ending in my view- it wasn’t Harry’s brilliance in the end - more Mollies total lack of engagement with the simple aspects of how the game worked.

You couldn't argue Jaz was robbed by the stupidity of Mollie.

Jaz played a very good game but underestimated Mollie and Harrys relationship. He needed to convince Mollie earlier or tried to go for Harry earlier.

Harry kept Mollie with him because of her loyalty.

• Advertisement

I suppose given her relative young years but also her nativity - it’s like she decided she wasn’t playing a game anymore and this was actually real life now, and if someone says they’re trustworthy then they must be - even if you can’t figure out certain events throughout the game, Shirley you don’t forget the basic rule to keep your eyes and ears open until the final whistle .It was t Big Brother FFS😀

• Registered Users Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didn't Harry even say to Andrew something like he could tell Mollie what to do or vote etc.,

Mollie put no thought into why Jaz if a traitor wanted to keep playing for another banishment, he put his own head on the block but she was so enamoured

She was naive and Harry exploited that. It won him the game. Jaz wasn't robbed. He lost.

It's easy to criticize Mollie on your armchair. She wrote down Harry. It seems to me she did ask herself why Jaz voted to go again. She then changed her mind and trusted her "friend". That decision cost her 50k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really enjoyed the final! I’m really glad Harry won, he deserved it. It would have annoyed me if Molly won any money, she didn’t deserve a cent!

How juu know I’m on my armchair?????

*searches room for cameras*

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Really enjoyed the last episode. It turned into great viewing which I wasn't certain it could.

Jaz wasn't vocal enough and I don't understand why he just didn't come out and say to Mollie, Harry is a traitor, he knew it.

Mollie wasn't thinking what Jaz was saying in the end because I think she was questioning whether Harry could be a traitor and how much of a fool she will be. You could see her trying to do the math.

Harry was brilliant, especially at the end when only 5 left. He kept close to Mollie to block Jaz from feeding too much doubt into her.

I have to say, one of my favorite tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,672 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Harry's voice when taking to faithfuls, so soft and timid 😇😇

Harry's real voice as a traitor 😈

So fcking annoying that pretend voice he used on Mollie especially, acting like butter wouldn't melt .

Mollie when the word Traitor left his lips

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness to Mollie, Jaz choosing to vote again could have been explained away in two ways; he wouldn't have known what Harry and Mollie were going to choose so even if he was a traitor he could have been hedging his bets in case one or both of the others were going to vote to banish again, thereby trying to make himself look like a faithful by also choosing to banish again. Another reason might be to just try get more of the prize money by splitting it between two of them instead of three. Greed does do stupid things to people and she may have thought Jaz was trying to get Harry voted out so they'd both get 46k instead of 31k or whatever.

The big issue is she never had a reason to doubt Harry, and she really wanted to trust Harry. Whereas she was never that close to Jaz, had some suspicions about him earlier in the game at least, and Jaz hadn't done enough to properly give her a reason to turn on Harry.

Ultimately her heart overruled her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I rewatched the first episode today to see how they all behaved with the benefit of hindsight. It was very interesting. Things that stood out or I that I had forgotten were:

Andrew putting himself as most likely to win in the line, and I also didn't remember him being so dominant a character in the first couple of days.

Mollie put herself as third most likely to win - I was surprised to see such a show of confidence from her. She also spoke more and showed more personality during the first two days than for the whole rest of the series. She was obviously overwhelmed by the stress.

Brian took a leading role in solving the puzzle in the first mission - how did he then end up being branded a sheep (to his detriment)!

Harry's intelligence and quiet leadership skills were obvious from the first mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mollie's reaction at the end was so visceral. The final showdown was fantastic television.

I think it's a testament to the great group of contestants that were on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Closing date for applications for S3 is the second week in Feb.

I suppose it takes time to narrow down the search to the final group of people who will be on the show.

I thought Claudia looked like she wanted to laugh when Harry revealed being a traitor "from day 1" and Mollie walking off angry

Were Ross and Andrew not allowed say they were only recruited traitors since when?

I think Miles, Jaz, Diane and Mollie will be meme gifs for a long time especially Mollie 😁

Andrew had high hopes in Episode 1 of winning

I think if he wasn't a recruited traitor would likely been out earlier given how faithfuls were voting 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So basically every prediction was completely wrong - don't think you can really make any prediction on the first episode except maybe for the traitors survival time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder did Charlotte go to the Traitors Uncloaked show, don't remember seeing her in the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,672 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Only caught up on the final episode last night.

Jaz should really have grilled Harry more. What jazz said to Harry about Paul being a traitor was said in confidence. He should have grilled Harry over why he broke that confidence and to Paul, who later turned out to be a traitor.

Jaz just accepted Harry's waffle response over the issue. Such a shame.

Good series overall though, Harry played a blinder throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the final "Traitors: Uncloaked" is worth a watch if you haven't seen it, it has all the finalists onstage and all the other contestants in the audience. Mollie seemed to have recovered from her humiliation but you could sense there was still a bit of tension when Harry appeared. The other contestants were full of praise for how Harry played them all, though they admitted they should have spotted that the shield thing was a double-bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭taratee

Felt uncomfortable watching that to be honest. You have to ask why someone like Mollie was selected for a show like this. She just couldn't seem to grasp what was going on at any point. Would have been terrible if she ended up winning. Felt for Jaz because he was the best Faithful by a mile but you couldn't begrudge Harry the win. Jaz aside the Faithful were awful. He was right to hold fire on his theory. They would have banished him in a jiffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭etuzyuk

Yes think Mollie was a terrible contestant, anyone defending her by going through her thought process is giving her brain way too much credit. Basic concept of the game seemed to go way over her head. In that clip she said she never heard Harry's name mentioned. That's a lie. Remember someone tried to discuss it with her and she aggressively shut them down. Basically said I don't want to hear talk about Harry, so there, and don't ever mention him again. I mean whatever about having a feeling for someone and trusting them and regardless even if she was right, come tomorrow everything in the game changes again because anyone can be recruited any time a traitor goes. Really really weak faithful.

That's a bit of a flaw in the game, some players are so weak and non threatening that they never get banished. I think the fact that they never get murdered also should be a cue to the other faithful that they are being manipulated and to look at who is befriending them. So maybe it's not all on her. And in future series, anyone who is faithful should maybe, instead of trying to find traitors early, should try weed out weak faithful because they will be a jeopardy in the end game. Let the traitors get comfortable and cocky and then turn on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the season ending was not an enjoyable as I just thought Mollie was a weak person manipulated by a much stronger personality. Felt very sorry for Jaz but really felt the Mollie- Harry relationship ruined the enjoyment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

That's part of the appeal of the show, the contestants in the next season will learn from the previous years. It'll never really be the same as the previous you'd hope. Wilf and Harry were similar in ways so no one is going to trust the guy that everyone gets on with next season surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Miriam O Callaghan said in the latest RTE guide she is doing everything she can to try to be the presenter of Traitors if RTE decide to do it , have we not enough of these so called stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Genuinely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Advertisement