Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control Room Operatives An Garda Siochana 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coolio83

We will most likely hear news this coming Friday I'd gather. They usually send out messages on a Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cryn12

Yes also waiting to hear back. Hopefully we won't have long to wait either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tira11opm

Just got results there!

May I ask how you placed and where you applied for? It doesn't state how many they will be calling on my message. I'm based in Galway 🤔. Does anyone know how many they will be calling for each region?

Post edited by coolio83 on

Did u get an OOM in the communication this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 tira11opm

I did get an OOM for Galway today. I won't give my exact no. but I was in the "teens". Don't know how many people are being called forward for the region and I haven't received any further communication.

Oh you scored really well so. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My nephew got 146 in the Dublin cohort. Don't suppose he'll be getting a call for interview anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alina76

I am in the fifties for Galway so I will say will be a while before a hear anything. But if a do will let you know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭alphaecho92

Good luck to you all. Its a long process. I applied initially Nov 22, and I'm in the final vetting/clearance stages now (15 months later!).

• Advertisement

Got in hundreds for Cork, anyone else waiting on Cork.?

What was your number range? Thanks

Sorry this question was for alphaecho92

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lisasmyth01

Hi, I got my OOM for dublin today. 334... I take it I don't have a hope of even getting a message back from them. Any thoughts?

They aren't looking for a set amount they told me on the phone. Just as and when the Garda operative posts become available they will call someone to interview etc. The campaign will run for two years. I can't see too many being called compared to the last couple of campaigns. It's about having available back ups I'd say. A shame, I was really hoping to gain a position as its perfect for me in terms of the schedule and location. Anyways, can't be helped I guess.

So they have called you already for the interview?

No, I contacted them and asked how many they would be calling forward for interview and that is the response I received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beccaaw_x

Hey guys, anyone get invited to interview on zoom for dublin??? Anyone have any tips! I’m **** it… I got OOM 27 and my interview is March. Any tips would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 16 overthemountain

Be able to show them that you have demonstrated the competencies required in your previous roles. That's 80% of the interview at least.

80s initial OOM, Top 5 after interview.

@alina76

Post edited by alphaecho92 on

Anyone in Cork get any update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 deisecailin

I applied in Nov 2022 and am now in final vetting/clearance stage. It’s a long process!

Snap! 🫰 best of luck now

Still radio silence, thought we'd hear something this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rednose

I applied at the same time and I’m 9 months in the job😳

Anyone in Cork get any updates?

How do you like the job?

Surely we'll hear this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ladybug769

Had my interview last week, any idea how long we have to wait to get the results of the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coca22

Well done ladybug, can I ask where you applied for? I’m in Galway and got a good score but haven’t heard anything re an interview yet, thanks.

C 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ladybug769

I applied for the Dublin region, the interview was very intense so I'm really worried about whether I passed it or not

Advertisement