Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control Room Operatives An Garda Siochana 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Do you think with all the issues that unfolded in this role over the pandemic, would be wise to take this job?

What issues happened during the pandemic that would stop someone taking a job?

Without dragging this off-topic. I'm referring to all the calls being cancelled. I am aware that there was an investigation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I'd say a bigger reason for people not applying for this job is the fact that Garda Staff will soon no longer be part of the Civil Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Nonsense, there'll be a flood of applicants for these jobs. It's still as secure a job as the CS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Right on cue to side track another thread with your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

In fairness, he's right this time. There will be no shortage of applicants. People who aren't in the civil service at the moment won't be concerned about Garda Staff removal from the CS.

And an investigation into the cancellation of 999 calls shouldn't put people off either. You can't be held accountable for something that happened before you started working in the job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JKerova1

No but it's something people should consider. There is a flood of people trying to leave AGS at the moment.

Absolutely agree with you, however, I was simply stating the obvious that, it's not ideal for an emergency call-taking service to have such a reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rednose

Anyone here apply for this? I did, waiting on Stage 2 now, so wondered if anyone else was in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 KimsMom

I did & received an e mail saying I had reached the qualifying standard and was given an OOM. No mention of Stage 2, just that I’d be contacted for interview if they reached my OOM for the area I selected. Good to hear from someone else who applied, I thought this thread was very quiet.

Yes, me too. Seen previous years on here and there was loads of people. I wonder if many applied. I got 10 in OOM for my chosen county but not sure how many applied. Seems to be a bit different this year. Looking at this thread, previously you didn’t go straight to interview after Stage 1.

Got word there for an interview in early Feb👍

That’s fabulous news rednose, the very best of luck to you in the interview. My OOM is a lot higher for the county I choose, so I’m not holding out much hope of them reaching my number :) I wish I had seen the other thread from the previous competition before I did my test as my f8 and f9 were not working but I’ll know for the next time. Please keep me up to date with how you are getting on and 🤞for you.

Will do. Thanks. My f8 and f9 didn’t work either but I just tried to wing it, and didn’t worry about spelling. I’ll be nervous for the interview, as I’ve been in the same role for 20 years but defo time for a change. Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shiney71

Just got word myself of interview beginning of Feb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I had an interview a few months ago, still no word on what's next though there has been contact between them and hr in my current job where I'm pursuing an internal promotion and now it feels like both things have stalled so it's good to hear the PAS are in contact with someone.

Looking at other threads, it seems an incredibly long, drawn out process, from start to finish?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yes, mad frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 28 EmbitterGlitter

For those that have got a date for their interview (congrats!) - where did you rank on your OOM? I'm 136 for Dublin but due a baby mid to end of Feb so wondering if the interviews are remote or in the PAS office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Remote interviews for this competition apparently

My OOM is 4 for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Number 2 for Waterford - job moving to Tramore though before a start date comes through I would have thought(obviously depending on interview etc) - no idea how many would have applied

In the 80’s OOM for Dublin. Haven’t heard anything and to be honest I suspect that any vacancies will be filled well before they get to my number. I’ll keep you posted.

Got a call for an interview for early Feb also.

So it's my zoom interview later this week. To say nerves are creeping in big time would be understatement of the year. I've not had an interview in well over twenty years. If anyone has had theirs and has any tips or heads up to share I'd be very grateful. TIA

Pardon this post if there are errors in spelling etc. It's been a morning.

So, advantage is to you because of zoom interview, they just want you to mention all the competencies in the handbook thing that we were given. Advantage is that you can make a few notes and have them stuck to a wall or on the table in front of you for prompts. Best of luck, I same as you never really seriously interviewed for anything before

Thank you. I'll have a few Post it notes with keywords on to prevent my mind from going blank.....it's very daunting yet exciting at the same time! Thanks for your reply and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Only the Irish police service would be stupid enough to conduct interviews through Zoom. Why do they think it is free?

Advertisement