Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

My controversial opinion is that most of the opinions posted here are not actually controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gimme a shot.

I think you’ll find the majority of clamping is legal since the 2015 act.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

"Your rights end where my nose begins".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

naas would be so much better to serve blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It's only 33% above a very generous threshold for children.

If you are gifted 320k, you pay nothing

If you are gifted €500k from your parents, you pay 12% tax on that.

If you are gifted 5m, you pay 31% tax.

It's a very fair tax for preventing intergenerational transfer of wealth

• Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't like seeing women in the men's underwear section of a store or men in the women's. I get shivers down my spine.

Never. Also never understood people who have such aims. I can't get into the head space of trolls.

I tend to talk about my own life a lot and things I get up to. Most of the things I do/decide do not bother anyone. Some things seemingly do.

Usually though I never say anything as an opinion or advice or as something I think other people should or shouldn't do. I simply represent what I myself do. So for that reason mostly things I say do not bother anyone. It tends to be when you preach at others that you get their back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭djan

Would be interested on your reasoning against the expansions. Important to note that in the list there are extremely differing countries both in economic performance and social etc. Hard to make an argument against relative high performers of Czech and Slovenia. If those are the measures, Ireland would have never gotten in and today's Spain and southern Italy would be out too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The state should build more social housing. A lot more and urgently.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It’s a pity that I can’t post mine because I’d be banned and I don’t feel like giving people that pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I hate palestine.

I'm also pro confederacy and have a number of battle flags in my home office.

I also am pro choice and pro lgbtq rights, but can see the scientific differences between trans women and AFAB women. This is what got JK "canceled" but she was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

Ireland should not provide any aid to foreign countries that are not stable democracies. And even at that, it should only be provided in the event of a natural disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Restricted breed and crosses of restricted breed dogs should be treated as weapons. You should have to be assessed like you do for a gun licence before you can get one.

Same penalties should apply as do for guns if you have one without a licence.

Breeders should be regulated like gun dealers.

Cui bono?

The move to ban smoking in open public areas,is stupid and an excessive overreach by the state with not enough merits to justify it

Anyone who is single and has an affair with someone whom is married/persues them,is blameless in the inevitable fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

There are two genders & lots of mental illness,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

In general - have internment camps for troublesome members of certain ethnic groups and other citizens from certain communities with little income but apparent wealth. Save us all a heap of bother.

Currently - stop all 'international protection' immigrants until we can process who we have and send most of them back to build up their own countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I disagree,

I work hard my whole life and pay all my taxes ,

Why should the government get to take more of my money because i die ? What wrong with working my arse off to set my kids up,

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Max H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

1) Religions (all of them) are made up nonsense.

2) Some people absolutely deserve a punch in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I do not want a united Ireland in my lifetime.

I simply don't want the trouble of dealing with those people (on both sides) and think that we're fine as we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

The great annual meeting at Davros is where all nuclear missiles should be sent thats weeding out the real trouble makers !! The one sent onto silicon valley & then onto california & hollywood for starters ! that could do away with a ton of **** , and countries could then make their own rules all over again & get on with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭triddles

Yeah why should you overly benefit for being born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I will add to this that if you go to live in a foreign country at least have the basics in the language of that country so you can communicate. Can't understand folks moving to other countries and not having a word of the language and then refusing to even learn the language of that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

People who hit 25 criminal convictions should be euthanised. With a hammer.

Anyone who is convicted of a crime loses all rights until the sentence is served and if that means sharing a cell with 40 others or whatever then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

People who use the words 'biannual' and ' biennial' should be confined to said island. Is it once every 2 years, or 2 times a year? There may be a correct answer, but it risks misinterpretation. Do you provide enough food for the people on that island to last 6 months or 24 months?

That's the kind of ambiguity that causes entire systems to collapse

• Advertisement

If you have come here from another country to live and you commit a crime then you serve your sentence here and both you and your family are then deported. I believe that if you go live in another country then you should be grateful to that country for giving you the chances that your home country isn't or cannot provide and that goes for Irish people living abroad. If you don't respect the country you have chosen to go live in then leave that country.

Advertisement