Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pedestal for houses with no driveway

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

On the street you linked, I don't think parking should be allowed at all because its so narrow. However, as there is parking, it's only right to point out that its not on an estate and there are no sizing limits marked for parking cars. As such, no spots are are designated in anyway and cars can be parked up to the point to as many as can fit alongside the pathway.

Now, go to the end of the road to the estate and you will see marked spots and the parking meter on the path for reasons already given on the thread.

11 Church St

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3rTZzgSHuPNCmm8c6

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

In Lucan Village the path is very narrow in places. Nobody seems to have an issue with parking ticket machines in an era of text to park/online payments. Some areas of Dublin just have a sign to say what colour zone you're in to pay for parking online.

The placement of the parking sign poles isn't great (just put them next to the machines?) along with bins taking up space in tight locations near other signs/trees that could be moved. A sign for traffic lights right beside traffic lights, a sign post pointing to the ticket machines of which there are plenty and easy to find etc.

It's always busy with pedestrians, walking my bike along the path is definitely a pain at times but the electric charger on the path I posted previously is a complete non issue compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭zg3409

Prepare to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Advertisement