Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭glitterIsland

They were brilliant. They were all very good. The lad with the banjo is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till next week, folks!

Stay safe!

Nos da :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Who said bbc4 is entertainment,wtf is going on😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Gusser09

1 million percent. Didnt even watch it tonight and i can relate to that.

Its funny. The LLS arguably is the best thing RTE have ever done and now they are craping all over that legacy.

End it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Caburys might be on their case but is has it all,best ad in 10 plus years, I checked if my eyebrows could do the moves, just your basic good ad. I watched it all wondering what in the jaysus it was about purely based on the tune and what those in the video were doing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thread reopened; posts deleted, cards handed out. Goading users and trolling isn't wanted. Stop it and wind back the needling of each other.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Its there on his Wiki page under early life, a Catholic policeman he was, and with his mother used to make a living spinning yarn, which is both interesting and normal at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

She never tells us or explains how she cleared it so suddenly in any of these interviews. It would be racist to ask. Just go onto her website generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭deezell

If you owe €15k on your credit card, stop spending on your credit card, for anything. There. Now where's my 15 thousand followers, and all my click income?. "I can be an influencer. I can do that. I can lay bricks."

Unprofessional advice, for anything, is next to worthless. Like consulting with Dr. Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

This seemed to be enough to set someone off, so you never know these days...

Posts have been deleted, we're all off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Are you implying that criminality is an element here. Stop with your dog whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Minister for Hardship

Last night a poster said they didn't want to watch a segment of the show as they had no interest in the personal finances of someone they didn't know.

Ironically it was you who brought it to everyone's attention that the lady was coloured!

Here you are jumping to more conclusions about criminality. The lady could have got a gift, dig out etc. Again the poster said nothing about criminality, it's you again. I'll always remember the username Pintman Paddy after your disgraceful carry on here last night.

I don't think you're well and are trying to find offence everywhere. You must be deeply unhappy. You might need professional help with your anger and losing temper so frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I missed all the action last nite. What happened?? Damn u and deleting the tweets on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Caught the repeat of Tommy Tiernan's show, after avoiding the LLS.

Now, normally when you hear 'discussed father's death, discussed the troubles etc' you'd be thinking of Ryan Tubridy, and ALL the misery...

With Tiernan interviewing Kielty, it was actually somewhat upbeat? Like, maybe it was Kielty being comfortable with Tommy (knowing him from standup) but there was great deal of sort of not wanting to 'wallow' in the tragedy, and looking upon things as growth, of learning, of rising above and not letting it drag you down.

Similarly, a guy who lost both his arms in a bizarre accident, then wallowed in drink and drugs in order to numb himself, only to get a double hand's transplant (well, double arms, to be more specific) and if that interview was handled by Tubridy, you'd get 'Misery'... but with Tommy, it was jokes, it was optimism, it was 'the best thing that could have happened to me was to lose my arms', it's genuinely fascinating how the guy who's doing a talkshow 'as a side gig' is able to do a far better job, than the guy who's 'meant' to be hosting the flagship RTE show that's been a staple of RTE's programming for 60+ years.

"Where did the €159k for the surgery come from, maybe rob a bank,? That'd be 'unarmed' robbery!" Or words to that effect. Picture Tubridy trying to pull that gag off, or how he might react when the guest said his new limbs were brilliant for precisely that task, (the pulling one). It was sureally funny, viewed through your fingers at times. The iceman was really sharp, he could do stand up himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Jesus Christ. Get a grip of yourselves.

Ryan is probably one of the best we have at dealing with issues like illness and death with great sensitivity. Tommy Tiernan is a comedian and his show is totally different. (I like it too).

What are you suggesting that he do? Start taking the piss out of kids with Cancer? Grow up.

You're obviously the type of who asks the people accompanying the bereaved, disabled, or otherwise distressed person, "Does he take sugar?"

This actually happened to me as a child, I spoke up and and said, " I've only lost 'X', I can still hear and speak. I've endured that type of patronising sh¡te my whole life. Ask a disabled person how he wipes his arse. He'll tell you, and won't save your blushes either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

the best we have at dealing with issues like illness and death

indeed

• Advertisement

But with Ryan, he always resorts to grief, illness, and death.

No matter how hopeful the situation... Ryan finds the misery in it. It's like he feeds on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Friday nights guests...paul mescals sister, a comedian no one ever heard of, a rapper no one ever heard of and someone they pulled from the RTE canteen.....

Im not joking.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Directed by Edgar Wright, he of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Last Night in Soho fame.

It's rather old school in my opinion, and that's why it works. I find it clever that the secretary, or whoever she is, is dressed in the McDonald's colours, red and yellow.

Gearoid Farrelly has been around for a while, but he's not made a dent, really. Even in this day and age of 'diversity', and him being gay, you'd think he'd be better well known. He's popped up on stuff for like 15 years or so, but I'd say most people would be hard pressed to tell you a single thing about him. I mean, Joanne McNally is better known, and that's a goddamn war crime, imo. (She looks and sounds insane).

I saw the one of his other guests is a Mayo Footballer who's never won an All-Ireland, but had 6 chances at it. Is this not just like when Hillary Clinton lost the nomination, then lost election, then went on a 4 year sour grapes tour? Like, do we really wanna hear about someone not winning?

Katie Hannon's a really good interviewer, but that just sounds like an advert rather than a discussion. And rappers... 'nuff said. Irish rap tends to be rather rubbish, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

"Gearoid Farrelly has been around for a while, but he's not made a dent, really. Even in this day and age of 'diversity', and him being gay, you'd think he'd be better well known. He's popped up on stuff for like 15 years or so, but I'd say most people would be hard pressed to tell you a single thing about him. I mean, Joanne McNally is better known, and that's a goddamn war crime, imo. (She looks and sounds insane).

I saw the one of his other guests is a Mayo Footballer who's never won an All-Ireland, but had 6 chances at it. Is this not just like when Hillary Clinton lost the nomination, then lost election, then went on a 4 year sour grapes tour? Like, do we really wanna hear about someone not winning?"

Late Late Show 2023 - The scent of failure

He should invite the Burke family on, and let them chant their case, altogether, speaking over everyone else. All I've ever seen is images of them trooping from one court or another behind the Matriarch. Seriously scary looking. It would be good to hear what they sound like. Flesh out my nightmares.

Found a video of one of Enoch and his bro. They sound like scientologists.

You couldn't have them on Tubridy- they'd wipe the floor with him. Honestly, he's had some easy 'targets' on his show, and he's botched the interview. If the Burke's came on, he'd end up making a mess of it, and folks watching would be sitting there thinking 'The Burke's aren't that bad actually'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Surprised that Tubridy's not trying to do some live link to Christy Dignam's home, he'd easily fill an hour with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't worry, there will be an Aslan LLS special when Christy dies. Another 'filler' edition to pad out the show cos every week they struggle to find guests to fill the running time.

We will have the best and greatest of irish music talent saying how great Christy was, and doing various cover versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Of course.......like flying in on a helicopter for a charity hike......

How noble.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement