Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored by Your License Fee: The Late Late Show Megathread

Options
  • 01-10-2022 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

As per discussion-the weekly threads have gone too quiet these days.

BIG REVEALS and Hobbidy related news to follow.

Meanwhile, Ichabod relaxes this morning with a delicious book, as he ambles along Dun Laoghaire pier..

Post edited by pixelburp on

Comments

Well done, Pelvis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

"Quite the line up" according to RTE, in regard to tomorrow evening's show.

What the jaysus has this one on her?

"Having announced her 62nd night at Vicar Street on her Prosecco Tour, the current queen of Irish comedy Joanne McNally will join host Ryan Tubridy to tell him about the antics her audience members get up to and how she could have been Dr Joanne McNally."

Damien Browne, the lad who got away from it all by getting in a boat and crossing an ocean will feature.

"After 112 days at sea, Galway man, Damian Browne captured the hearts and minds of the nation as he became the first man to row from New York to Galway. Having conquered Everest in the past, he will tell Tubridy how he coped with solitude on the Atlantic and how the expedition almost ended in disaster in Galway Bay during the early hours of Tuesday morning."

Hobbidy clutches on to the coat tails of Charlie Bird, one more time. No helicopter needed this time.

"A special person like Charlie Bird requires a special interview, so The Late Late Show has upped sticks and moved to his house here in Wicklow for a chat with Charlie Bird and his wife Claire."

Luke O'Neill is on again, not sure why.

And, in one of the most incongruous segments, a fella on half a mill a year who channels his earnings through a shell company to minimise his tax liabilities will be talking about the cost of living, and cheap ways to heat your home.

"Also this week The Late Late Show is going to tackle the cost of living on this Friday's show with expert advice on everything from the simple and cheap ways you can keep your house warm this winter to the big-ticket items that will deliver real savings as prices rise."

Music by The Coronas, who I have heard of, and some fella called Flynn, who I have not heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭StevenToast

This show under tubridys supervision has gotten so bad, it really didnt deserve a weekly thread...

Suitably relegated....well done pelvis

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Separated at birth

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

So every single guest is a repeat from last season, with ex eption of Damien Brown who he should have interviewed on radio Live from Galway as he was there this week when the story was still current.

Prep levels for this week again = zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

If Joanne McNally is the queen of Irish comedy then Irish comedy is well and truly f***ed.

There’s always Deirdre O’Kane…. Only kidding

Is Luke O’Neill represented by NKM, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Seems like a decent line up.

I must admit I like Ryan - he is a very good journalist - 2nd to none in the northern hemisphere.

I would really love to see him one day being president of Ireland.

He really did his family and the country proud during the visit of the Queen. I heard it on good authority from an aristocratic lady I regularly go riding with that the queen enjoyed her day in Dublin.

I am really looking forward to the interview with Joanne - two of Irelands most talented people - we are the envy of the broadcasting world - our talent knows no boundaries.

Why just the northern hemisphere?

Who is better in the entire planet....or even the universe?🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

im nearly sure he is. I could have sworn I seen his photo on the NKM website, but it's not there now.

Perhaps taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say after he's chatted it will be time to dust off those COVID masks and stockpile the toilet rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The Late Late is unique in the way it can keep getting worse, when you think it has reached the lowest point of awfulness it always finds a way to go deeper into the pits of uselessness.

I never heard of Joanne McNally until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,714 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joanne McNally About as funny as a dose of the runs!!!! Utter tosh…and that fooking accent!🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭billyhead

Deirdre Okanes voice and comedy is worse. I'd rather listen to nails scraping a blackboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Big problem with the new Late Late - they were right to shorten it - but , hard to fit the full bottle of wine in and still post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

People are pissing on Peig's house - should bring her on to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,108 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening y'all! 😊

Will he refer to the gas explosion tragedy?

• Advertisement

"The Queen Of Comedy, Joanne McNally."

M

RTE are saving a fortune re-showing shows showing you how to save money.

Her ghost is appearing to anyone who bares their buttocks

Didn't know Ralph McTell was going to be on.

STREETS OF LONDON!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Would you just not get a flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Whole lotta love acoustic guitar?

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭archfi

Yeah, please just leave Luke with the aul guitar. Really no need to hear him speak at all, at all.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Did Luke O’Neill OD on Covid vaccines there??

rock it out man….

M

It's fairly low, I suppose the lighter the better for rowing.

• Advertisement

Has Brian Blessed got a long-lost Irish son?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement