Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Roots 2023 Festival 2nd - 5th June.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

We brought the campervan and the kids, and we had a blast. The weather certainly helped things. I have two takeaways that put a dampener on the weekend.

Toilets:

• They were not festival toilets. They were builders toilets (from watson hire). There was no place for sanitary products in them. They were pumped out regularly but never once cleaned. When we were at kaleidoscope the toilets were regularly powerhosed. There was certainly not enough toilets. Around 14 for the entire main stage... that was a joke. The worst bit for me was on Sunday when the flushers ran out, they were refilled with what I can only imagine was sewage. I was in a toilet and it was the usual smelly festival toilet. When I flushed it was brown and the most rancid smell came out and it gagged at it. It was so bad that you could smell the stink within around 30 meters of them.

Bins:

• All bins were practically overflowing all the time and they only had regular domestic wheelie bins. Yes, there were people going around with bags picking up rubbish but like the pissing against the fence comment, you were almost encouraged to just throw the rubbish away rather than bin it. Campsite and general camping lacked bins too.

We paid a lot of money for a family ticket and another adult ticket this weekend (we bought them before the bring a friend for free) and it just wasn't good enough. They were clearly saving money on the essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah they seem to be under a good bit of pressure financially, some large balances were carried over from last year from what I heard. Hopefully everyone gets paid anyway, nobody wants to see a festival fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Were they searching punters for cans going into main arena, we have a crew entrance which didn't have a search, even though I was mainly on water as I found the weather too warm at times to be drinking alcohol.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Enjoyed the festival. I found the camping hard going - am getting older !

Just wondering what people thought of the price of food and beer.

I am a seasoned boozer and would put away 10 - 15 pints in a day.

Personally I think Rockshore is P*ss and at 7.50 a pint just not worth it.

I just went into town and had pints.

Bought a pint of Guinness at the bar near the church on Sunday, I had one of the beer cups with me and expected to pay 6.50, but was still charged 7.50, I thought the Rockshore cups were supposed to be a euro off the pint. They should be encouraging recycling by taking the euro off the beer cup when returned like other festivals have done before in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It depends on who was there. I walked through with a can in my hand once no bother. Other times they were searching bags, and by searching I mean looking into the top of the bags. We got beer through in our pockets / hoods / bottom of the bags.

Just started on review today, had tech issues moving videos to computer and the long due process of uploading stuff to Youtube and not getting copyright strikes, but hopefully up by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Went for the Friday and Saturday. First time there, very enjoyable two days.

The layout of the venue is nicely done and some really nice areas setup within it. Only complaint bar 7:50 rockshore.. the toilets.. the trenches of paschendale would have been more inviting.

• Advertisement

Advertisement