Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Kenny in interviews...

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,141 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Maybe they could swap roles for a while and see how they get on?

At the end of the day, no matter who the manager is they'll still only have the same quality of pool of players to choose from - that consisting of lads that were fed up at not being able to get a run on their local Junior B team and went off playing soccerball instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Soccerball. Oh Mr Trump you are finally going on my enemies list!

Also please stop saying we have bad players. I know! Brutal results like this did not happen so consistently, even with worse players.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You must have a great memory. But it is possible that there were worse results to bring us to our lowest ever ranking of 70 in 2014. We are 47 at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yeah, remember when we beat Armenia comfortably under Trappatoni in Euro 2012 qualifying ? That’s right, me neither. 2-1 at home, with the aid of an own goal and them having their keeper sent off. Beat them away in fairness, but only 1-0 with a late Keith Fahey goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

We should have been good enough to beat them comfortably then as well, but we still beat them home and away. Did we do that under Kenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭trashcan

Did I say we did ? I’m just pointing out that we haven’t exactly been beating these team “comfortably” for quite a while now. It didn’t start with SK. For 70 minutes at home we were very comfortable until the wheels nearly came off. Similarly, the first half over there was ok, if no more than that. On another day we’d have taken one of our first half chances and got away with a fairly unimpressive 1-0 win. Again, in the second half the wheels came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Apparently the way forward is for our manager to base himself in England and look for players with an Irish granny and plead with them to opt for us, forget about developing our own players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I would have thought that there is common ground between the two approaches that would benefit our national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Any Irish manager should explore all possibilities. And I don't think Kenny has been remiss in that regard. Covid knocked a lot of things on the head for a big part of his term in charge.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3730105/stephen-kenny-future-ireland-under21-stars/

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Fotish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,592 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone who still in favour of Kenny is just afraid to admit they where wrong .

He has been dreadful, in a much worse place now then when he took over, he;s been an absolute failure

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

He's either delusional or mad. Plain and Simple.

What makes it worse is that Keith Andrews is a bigger spoofer. If that is even possible.

I was sitting directly behind them on Friday and they were like two turkeys looking at a snot. Neither of them have a clue and I find i difficult to believe that anyone hasn;t seen through them yet.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I thought we were.... you know.... good today. Gibraltar are.... you know.... international football is... you know it can be difficult.... teams can slip up.... we passed the ball well and..... you know... crossed it.... well.

Yeah.... em.... qualification is difficult but it can still.... you know..... em.... happen. Football can be strange.... you know.... a win gets you em.... three points but equally you can get one or zero.

Yeah..... em Ogbene and Johnston you know... em.... they pushed on and Knight was good on the transitions and Evan got his..... you know..... goal. And they looked fantastic in the jerseys tonight.... you know.... em it was a good night.

Thanks, Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tony O'D has proven himself to be a media whore bollix! A two faced prick that sums up only his own attitude to life. A wanker in terms of his approach to post match interviews. Look how he backed down to Kenny tonight when he came close to criticism. Kenny out and RTE out. The panel were a laugh apart from Given.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

TOD probably needs putting out to pasture. A badly performing manager needs critical questions asked.

Advertisement