Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the most famous person you have met in real life?

Options
  • 13-09-2022 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

first post

I used to use these forums a good while back, couldn't remember password, username and no longer have access to old email🤣

who is the most famous person you have met?

or even spoke to online?

My in person ones are not that exciting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A couple of inter national , Irish, soccer players. . And the doll that blew Bill Clinton and actress Julia Stiles , who was sound, Donald Trumps daughter who was also nice and VERY attractive ( pre cosmetic wor) but accompanied with a bodyguard ( pre-president) ) . A few Secret Service officers ( hardly famous I know,

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

A famous boxing promoter/drug cartel boss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Like half of Ireland, I've met (encountered) Bono. He was very pleasant.

Also exchanged an hello with Bill & Hilary Clinton. It's true what they say, he is very charismatic. It felt like he was just there to see me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Seamus Heaney.

Harold Varmus.

Brian O’Driscoll.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Mike Tyson and Jedward. Unfortunately not at the same time have a feeling he'd of killed the annoying wee feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭growleaves

Flavor Flav

• Registered Users Posts: 8 watchemacallit

I met Gary Lineker many year's ago, got his autograph on a piece of paper and give it to a girl who wanted it ( don't know why because it's a piece of paper🤣)

Met X factor semi finalist Eoghan Quigg in a bar in Belfast, performing to a more less empty bar. Had a good enough chat though.

How exciting

One of my friends seems to meet alot of celebrities in Belfast, most recently, Dermot Kennedy to name one, I've yet to bump into any to be honest, probably too busy bumping into walls. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 10 1635barry

Does mattress Mick count?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Gazza. After Spurs played Cork City, the team were in Jurys hotel. A friend and myself snuck into the hotel, hung out with him by the pool for a while. He was exactly as you'd expect- great fun, hyper, entertaining. He was doing keepy-uppies with an orange.

Nick Cave

Sean Kelly (By total career ranking points, Kelly is the second-best cyclist of all time after Eddy Merckx.)

Damon Albarn

Jurgen Klinsmann

Entire Wimbledon team (circa 88-89)- Dennis Wise, Vinny Jones etc.

• Advertisement

No , Monica Lewinsky. Chatted to her as I was walking to work. This was just after the Bill thing so she was very sheepish and quite uncomfortable with the sudden public notoriety.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Probably Maradona

Meet a fair few famous people through the years from athletes to movie stars , but Maradona is number 1 ,He was actually lovely

Post edited by yourdeadwright on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Met Brian Ferry a few times when he used to visit North Clare visiting his exe wife's family in Newquay and I knew his exe wife Lucy fairly well. He used to drive over , he's quite normal.

Met him at Lucy's funeral RIP, he drove over in his own car. He's an interesting guy. His kids are very normal as in seem to be quiet humble and earthy.

He's a cool guy, stylish and he's not up his own arse like some others I've come across in my social circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Enda Kenny 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

George Best.

I’ve never met Madonna, but I’ve met carpenters who worked in her house. Seemingly she and her friends were VERY accommodating to them in a sexual way. Gang bangs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 watchemacallit

As for online, back in 2009, Eminem sent me like 3 unreleased songs... These songs were nowhere to be found on the internet, I checked everywhere, I could have leaked those songs but I thought what would be the point in that, I'm not gaining anything, and it's not in my persona to do so..The guy that was on one of the songs with him I had never heard of him in my life 🤣 but he is well known in Detroit especially. Since I don't have a photo or anything like that, I just don't really mention it in person..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

And the doll that blew Bill Clinton and actress Julia Stiles

I didn't realise she blew Julia Stiles too! Not bad going for an intern.

I met Hector o Hochhaaghaain and Brenda Fricker and thats it. Don't want to meet anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AgnesCalhoun1

Dannii Minogue

Jerry Fish

Bertie

MayKay

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ronnie Wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭RossGeller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Saw Slayer (Tom Araya and Kerry King) standing outside the Gresham Hotel on O'Connell street in Dublin one night in the early 90s. I was on my way to Fibbers, and was just gong to pass by, when they called me over and asked if I was going to their gig (I wasn't) and had a bit of a chat. Tom was very pleasant, Kerry was quiet. Asked me where they should go after the gig. I said "sure head to Fibbers". They went to Bruxelles.

Since they initiated the interaction, I regard it as them meeting me, more than me meeting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

Steve Staunton turned up at the club my son played for at under 10 level & hung out after training chatting with the lads & their parents.

Sat beside Matt Holland on a flight to Stanstead & had a great chat.

Had breakfast at the table next to Matthew McConaughey in The Morrison but didn’t want to disturb him so that doesn’t count I suppose!

Seamus Heaney, Dickie Rock, Phil Oakey, Jedward, Packie Bonner, Jeanie Johnston, Anne Doyle, Mary Kennedy, Marty Whelan, Pat Kenny, John Aldridge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ronnie Delaney 1956 Olympic gold medal winner at 1500m. In Mulligans pub Poolbeg St after the 1989 All Ireland.

Donovan, 1960s music star, in a small hotel I worked in in Galway.

Luke "Mig" Flannigan, before he was famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Lee Ryan from the boy band Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I met Michael D at a wedding about 15 years ago. Fierce sound man, we spent a good half hour at the bar chatting about the Irish soccer team, he knew by the cut of me that I had no interest in the arts or political matters so soccer would be the common ground.

I watched the Champions League final in an Irish pub in New York back in 2006 in the company of Tim Wheeler from Ash. As we were the only 2 customers in the bar we got into conversation. Turns out he was a huge Arsenal fan so we spent a couple of hours discussing soccer. Not once did I mention that I knew who he was or how much of a fan I was of his music for fear of making it awkward...still regret my dishonesty about that to this day as he was a sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Kiefer Sutherland

Jason Patric

Bill Moseley

Alex Winters

Tony Todd

Kane Hodder

Nicholas Vince

Barbie Wilde

Simon Bamford

Billy Wirth

Chance Michael Corbitt

Fred Dekker

Of those, Nicholas Vince, Tony Todd and Chance Michael Corbitt were the nicest. Vince in particular was an absolute gentleman. Kane Hodder was a bit of a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dazzler101

I used to work as a Doorman in New York, Owen Wilson from the wedding crashers lived in one of the apartments their. I used to have morning chats with him most days. The director of Breaking bad lived their too who I used to speak too. Donald trumps personal assistant at the time lived their too, used to tell me many interesting stories.

Did a catering job in my early 20's in London. It was a fund raiser for rich Russians. Mikhail Gorbachev sold a 5 song album and performed it live. It went for millions. I doubt it ever got a public release. I didn't realise at the time but this was a very rare thing to witness. By all accounts, Gorbachev is not a musician. Had a quick look at his wikipedia and there's no mention of music at all on it.

This looks like it actually: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/jun/22/mikhail-gorbachev-debut-album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Roy Keane

Jack Charlton

The Edge

Steve Collins

Noel Gallagher

Saoirse Ronan

Sally Rooney

Liam Neeson

Roddy Doyle

Ian Dempsey