Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2022-23 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭pauldry

Extreme Weather events are no longer once in a lifetime due to Climate Change. This could happen again for sure but at the moment does not appear likely in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Some parts of Ireland may see a sprinkling of red Saharan dust on Valentine's Day (Tuesday). A reddish/orange haze may be present for sunrise. Appropriate for the Day that's in it. A curse if you've just washed your car though!

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very mild morning here in Meath and gin blue skies, a definitely first taste of early Spring. Almost warm enough in the sun to have lunch out in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd love maybe a whole day of good heavy rain to clear some the winter grease and grime off the roads and buildings, then a return to progressive mildness like this. The spring flowers are beginning to sprout in earnest around here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

I cut the grass today. Garden has dried up well. Probably getting looks from neighbours but so what!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Most of my neighbours have cut the grass already after cutting was abandoned early October due to the extremely wet autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Glorious blue skies in Achill today. Feels like the first proper spring day, in spite of the wind.. First mini daffs are braving their way out. We could do with a couple of more weeks of this to dry the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Sure it was just like a summers day nice to look out at but that wind takes away any heat...it was 12 degrees in places today sure in another 3 months we might get 3 or 4 degrees higher we will be Fireland as the media calls it...and we will still be freezing😐

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep I washed it just before lunchtime and at 14 euro it can stay red if we get that dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I rem one year recently where it was very dry around Xmas and I cut the grass in early January. I wasn't the only one either.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Belmullet recorded 8.8 hrs of sunshine today

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A lovely February day alright here in Mayo today Oscar Bravo.

Nice blue skies and sunshine made for a great day to be out and about.

Lovely sunset here in the west also with a nice lingering glow of light in the south Western sky afterwards. Venus and Jupiter also helped to add to the beauty of the evening sky.

A fitting end to a lovely February day here in Mayo today.

The sun sets behind Croagh Patrick this evening.

A nice lingering glow in the south western sky after sunset also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

giving 14 degrees tomorrow, imagine in early june you could easily get a day with 15-16 degrees and down to 5 or 6 at night

We can get isolated days with a high barely scraping 12C at any time during the summer if there is enough rain, mist, cloud, no sun and a cold wind direction that lasts throughout the daylight hours. While these sort of days are rare during the summer they do happen at least once or twice in a summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

God its horrible out there this morning in NCD.

It's saying 12 degrees but biting wind and raining.

Yesterday in contrast was fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭esposito

Feeling very mild in that southerly wind in south Dublin. Very springlike!

a bit of an interlude to the prolonged dry spell over the next 2 days with some light rain at times. Dry spell resumes at the weekend. We've had an entire month of barely any measurable rain here in Meath which has been fantastic and it's taken all that time for the land to dry out after 4 and a half months worth of daily rainfalls/deluges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ground still to wet. No lawns cut locally. A spell of rain last night. Overcast again.

Leitrim

It’s brilliant my first set of twin lambs last night. If there’s one thing they love is dry weather even if chilly. Sheep hate rain

So are we looking dry after Friday for rest of February??

• Advertisement

A fair bit of Saharan dust on the cars this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Was hoping to get my snow fix in NY, no such luck, glorious weather here today and even better tomorrow with a forecasted high of 18c. Plenty of heat in the sun here already. I suppose if you can’t have snow then spring like weather is the next best thing 🙂

15.9 degrees recorded at Phoenix Park today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Highest Valentine's Day max temp in Ireland since 1998 when Merrion Square achieved 17.2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Hope we don't get a repeat of that dreadfull summer....

Stormy across Scotland Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It seem almost certain we won't have a named storm this winter. It has been a while since there has been a downed tree here due to a storm. I recall someone saying there should have been a named storm a month ago or so due to how windy it was in their location.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Had great weather the last few days in London, frosty foggy starts and getting up around 12-13C by day, possibly 14C today and feeling very pleasant in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭pauldry

Another warm day for February. I feel this SSW will bring us a cool spell later in the month and into March to offset this but back to frosts then.

Bar the cold spell mid January all of 2023 has been milder than average virtually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another very pleasant day in NYC. Got up to 19 degrees today and felt it too!

Mod Edit : Turned the pic for you !

Post edited by Meteorite58 on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement