Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping women before they hit 25?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I would think I am perfectly suited. You need a birdeye view to get an accurate picture of how things work, being too caught up in the dynamics can blind you to what is happening. I see it all unfold and have been able to ascertain many truths about male and female dating/sexual dynamics. A lot of it is not pretty but nature/biology often has that quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He doesn’t always. In ‘The Revenant’ his dead wife looked to be similar age maybe 5 years younger than him max.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

As long as you don't give away the secret female handshake they'll never know the real agenda of the hive mind, all they can do is guess.

Your posts about your exes and their families suggest otherwise. You have a very warped view of the dynamics you claim expertise of.

• Advertisement

How would you view the present dynamic regarding DiCaprio?

It's too basic a dynamic to even elaborate. It's a tale as old as time.

I won't be able to make it to the next meeting but pass on my regards and I'll see you at the bake sale.

• Advertisement

Foiled again! And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids with your damn TikToks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Actually, I was doing the open-minded, "they're consenting adults" thing, but now that I see he has a new girlfriend (who looks younger than 22)... A man in his late 40s dumping his girlfriend when she reaches a certain age, and then commencing a new relationship immediately and this being the pattern he follows continuously... and a woman entering into a relationship with this guy, aware of the pattern, just so she gets to date someone rich and famous... yeah this is completely dysfunctional, weird and toxic. And it's not having a go at men for fancying much younger women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

I think he is gay behind a PR smokescreen. The big Hollywood star agencies are hand-in-glove with other media like TV/newspapers so they can squash stories more than people may realise.

It is odd behaviour on the face of it.

Looks very "engineered" all right. A blatant arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

It makes complete sense and I always suspected something like this was going on. In fairness I had to google who Lukas Hass is, but I would not bat an eyelid if it transpired that Decaprio was homosexual.

Hollywood has always had an issue with big stars and the US as a nation have always struggled with homosexuality as a lifestyle. It can be incredibly backwards in social awareness and bigotry is rife. Obviously there are countless movie stars and famous types who have no issue expressing their sexuality, but there could well be a consensus amongst the top earners that disclosing your sexual habits can lead to exposing your earning potential to adverse opinion.

DeCaprio is popular with a large audience, if he was known to be gay this popularity could be marginalised or may not have materialised at all. He may well have decided against taking the risk. He would not have been the first gay man or woman to do so.

I cannot rationalise the concept that he only likes younger women, it actually does not make sense. He eventually would become bored with women, who whilst being young and attractive, should also become more and more bland to him? Emotionally he should be seeking partners with things he has in common and share himself with? Boning these high spec beauties would lose its appeal after a while. Furthermore, the concept that women over 25 have lost their sex appeal is complete phucking garbage. Heterosexual behaviour would indicate a tendency to seek more experienced and nuanced partners as your sex life progresses. It is highly unlikely these 23 yr old models are dressing in leather gear and pegging him in a dark room till 4 in the morning.... Far more likely to be getting a fat cheque and hush hush contract from his agents, all they have to do is pretend they are his girlfriend for a certain length of time.

Why has he never had a girlfriend who not only sexually arouses him but also emotionally nourishes him? Men need this in their life. Yes young women are certainly head swingers and often leered at by older men, but they always go back to the wife for the love and care they really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

His pickup line never grows old, a lot like his GF's '' the older the Fiddle the sweeter the tune''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

If he finds younger women more attractive theirs nothing unusual there, most men find younger women more attractive. Him simply been not interested in a long term relationship is a lot more likely than him been gay.

I am not so sure to be honest. I think no matter what your sexuality is, as a human being it would be a lot more common for him to desire more long lasting connections with partners. Look at Brad Pitt, McConaghey or the likes of say Ryan Gosling. These are standard examples of straight Hollywood stars who have involved themselves and embraced monogamous relationships. Why has Leonardo never felt the urge to do so? Clearly this passion for dating younger women is exhibiting some sort of a pattern which appears dubious?

Young women are fit and can look nice, but sexiness and genuine attractivity is something that stays with you all your life. As would the desire for a more long term meaningful relationship.

You have to remember that not all Alpha males who attract a plethora of women are all that bothered with the opportunity? It may salivate your average incel who would love the chance, but what incels' do compared to luckier men who have the options contrasts staggeringly? Most Alphas get bored with the same crap being thrown at them day in day out. That is why they seek stronger refined relationships which their love life requires.

If he was heterosexual he would have settled by now, at least once. This incel driven concept that he is owning his own dating options seems odd.

Even Jack Nicholson managed to hold down long term, genuine partners. It never stopped him enjoying the company of good time girls either. But he needed the affection and care that a long term relationship can deliver.

• Advertisement

He probably is gay or just fucked up from losing his virginity as a child to some Hollywood sleazebag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

He could be just one of the millions of straight men out there that have no interest in serious commitment. He's probably happy to be able to get everything he wants from a partner without the long term commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He had 2 kids in Shutter island, 1 in The Revenant, 2 in Inception and a very hot wife in Wolf of Wall Street. So he cannot be gay.

Men who say this would absolutely commit if they were getting attractive enough women. They probably just cope with what they can get and once the sex wears off they move on and say they don't care for commitment. LdC is in a different situation obviously. Its not normal the way he does it. It would just be boring for him at this rate. Same bullshit, same introductions, same sexual dynamics, same feeling of power, same kinks, same convo. Its too obvious to not suggest there's something more going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Not everyone wants long term connections, or is capable of maintaining them. Most people just think everyone else must be somewhat like them and can’t comprehend this concept.

Either he's an aging,seemingly slightly creepy, extremely wealthy and famous playboy character

Or is secretly gay with best friend hiding in the open,and starts a series of elaborate relationships with young supermodel type material,while living in LA to cover it up

Your comments is valid. But I do think you are reaching for substance. I like to speculate, it helps develop circumstance or enable plausibility.

I just can't understand how he has coped having sex with different versions of the same person, it makes no sense?

From a sex perspective I find it suspicious. A woman's beauty has zero relevance to her sexual appetite. I have had some dreadfully bland sex with some very attractive women, most of them are more caught up in their own narcissism to actually enjoy the moment. In and out of the bathroom checking their make up and showing zero interest altogether. I do admit that good sex involves good chemistry and some partners blend better. But there are an awful amount of gorgeous women out there who are complete planks in the sack.

Which is what bewilders me more about his modus operandi. You would think a man of his talent and stature would be enjoying his sex life with more mature partners at this point? Older women are much better between the sheets, give me woman in her late thirties who looks after herself and enjoys her love making over a gormless 23 year old who can't even perform decent fellatio, lying there with the white of her eyes staring into nothingness somewhere over your shoulder.

But what’s because you are looking at it with your perspective in mind. It might be as simple as him wanting non committed company and regular sex, and nothing else.

Not everyone needs a connection to a partner. They serve a purpose for a while, just like a car or any other commodity. You’re just not allowed to voice this attitude.

Not sure I'd use the analogy of commodity in relation to a human being, but if both parties are cool with no commitment, more power to them. If anything it eliminates a lot of heartache.

This Leo situation though seems like some sort of arrangement, that not even he is behind. The way there is such structure to it.

• Advertisement

I didn’t mean “commodity” in a negative way, but at the end of the day that’s all a partner is if you cant relate to them on a deeper level

Advertisement