Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping women before they hit 25?

Options
  • 02-09-2022 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭

No. It’s because for the last 23 years, the Titanic star’s dating life has followed the same rigorous pattern: meet a woman in her early twenties, date her for several months or years, then break up with her before, or just after, she reaches 25 and presumably turns into a pumpkin

This no secret but when seen graphically the efficiency is admirable.

Bit conflicted here. Yeah it's bad on the women but he genuinely can do this without a care in the world and the next one will always arrive at the station as the last one departs.

Wouldn't we all do the same thing if we actually could? 🤔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Maybe they're dumping him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Either he picks ones that are incredibly mature or he himself is incredibly immature but either way, I'd love to know what they even would talk about? I'm in my 30's and people in their early 20's can melt your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Don't think he's with all these hot young women for their conversational ability...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think that's the best graph I've ever seen. Congrats to whoever designed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

Any snow on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's getting more and more creepy the older he gets...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

"Wouldn't we all do the same thing if we actually could? 🤔"

I don't think we all would because it's **** creepy as ****. Yes, it's technically legal but you have to day that than you know you're on shaky territory. They all be dating him willingly but imo a 44 year old courting a 22 year old is creepy and supposedly he met his latest throwaway when she was 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You can, generally, “relate” well enough to someone 10 years older, or 10 years younger, than you.

Anything above, or below, that and it gets trickier and, from the outside, weird/creepy.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gamergurll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i'm 44 and wouldn't go near a 22 year old woman, not a chance it's weird and creepy and i think most of my friends would feel the same. Seems to be accepted more in the gay men community though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He certainly has a type anyway, going by the headshots in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Finally some analysis the world needed.

I don’t see what the problem is. They are all adults and clearly know what they are getting out of their relationships.

Of course I’d do the same just as most people would, despite their vehement denial of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

He's famous, a talented actor, loaded, considered handsome and seems to do a lot of good work for the environment. That's an attractive proposition for a lot of women and as long as he's not stringing them along with promises of white picket fences and 2.4 children, what harm is he doing if he chooses his sexual partners from an age cohort where the vast majority of women are at the peak of their physical attractiveness? In his line of work it's not like you'd ever be seeing your partner every day, or even every week anyway. There's a good reason Hollywood marriages have such a high failure rate and if he wants to avoid that path in life and stick to casual dating, more power to him if he's not mis-treating the women or leading them on.

Post edited by Sleepy on

At least they are 25 and have time to try and find a partner to settle down and have kids with. Maybe the experience or being dumped might make them adjust their expectations and choose a more reliable life partner who albeit one who isn't as starry as Leo. I am sure they all look back in the long run and realise they dodged a bullet.

Personally i would prefer women over the age of 25 anyway. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

These are hardly poor hoodwinked souls but people who benefit from the publicity of dating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

As Ricky Gervais said about the film The Irishman, its so long that Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend was too old by the end of it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The women all look exactly the same to me, he is not very adventurous.

They are not just casual flings but multi-year personal relationships. I think it is a bit more substantial than how you describe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I wish I was a movie star.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lol at this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They are all with people who have graduated into big-girl panties: they know the risks with this type of relationship, and the benefits, however shortlived they may be.

Agreed. It is just a string of skinny brunettes. He needs a buxom blonde or a red head in there to spice things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

scrutinising the life of famous people, is kinna weird!

Maybe I am being naive but I would assume the young ladies didn't do calculations like you describe. Maybe they thought it was real love at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

then break up with her before, or just after, she reaches 25 and presumably turns into a pumpkin

Or maybe that's how long it takes for them to start putting him under serious heat to 'put a ring on it', presumably Leo's key to press the eject button.

I wonder what his newest flame thinks of it all right now. I mean she is basically on the countdown to dumpsville already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It's not that surprising or noteworthy, men don't have to be Hollywood actors to "get" young women. I know of several cases of 40-55 year old local criminals, niteclub owners or GAA club players who date women in their early 20s. If a man is a bigshot badass and an arrogant pr*ck, he'll draw women. The women will complain about how much of an asshole he is and then date him anyway. White knights will sometimes try to get involved to save her from the "creep" - then get their heads kicked in.

Advertisement