Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmeath school gets temporary injunction banning a suspended teacher from it's premises

Options
1707172737476»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Judge wants Enoch Burke case heard as soon as possible https://jrnl.ie/5893202

• Registered Users Posts: 39,669 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

After putting in a timetable for the exchange of legal documents between the parties in place, the judge said while he was not fixing a hearing date at this stage he hoped to fix a date for the hearing of the action either before Christmas or early in the New Year.

😂

In his submissions to the court Burke was critical of the High Court judges who made rulings against him and said that they had failed to vindicate his constitutional rights to freedom of expression and freedom of religion

The said that he had made his decision in regard to the timetable for the exchange of legal documents and told Burke “not to raise your voice at me,” after Burke had raised, supported by members of his family, his opposition to the judge’s directions

😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was just thinking earlier. Oh is Ammi the only one around.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,669 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

That article notes that the Burke family are up to their usual tricks. You'd think that Ammi would know how to behave in the courtroom by now; she's been told enough times.

The article also says that Enoch argues it is against his Christian beliefs to address a people as they and a different name. Remind me which verse in the Bible states that?

• Advertisement

"Secondary school teacher Enoch Burke has told an Appeal Court judge that setting a date in next February for his appeal is an "insult to the rule of law" and that the judge "shouldn't be in the chair".

During the hearing in the Court of Appeal this morning, Mr Justice John Edwards directed that Mr Burke’s mother, Martina Burke be taken out of the courtroom after she interrupted proceedings to say her son was "incarcerated because of corrupt judges".

again let's underline the type of people that are in the eye of the storm here. they don't get along with anyone and they don't want to get along with anyone and the slightest deviation from their preference is painted as the worst form of corruption and iniquity.

im far from a lefty type in many of my social issue thoughts but if you are unthinkingly aligning yourself with fundamentalists of this sort to score points on online debates then i think you might need to consider why you are on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I don't get why people hate this Enoch fella anyway

It's probably because Enoch and his family are themselves completely motivated by hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Consistency is key baby! But we both know you aren't laughing even mildly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

politically correct nonsense that people will vilify a Irishman

Yeah........

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You know what I do hate? That jacket Enoch is wearing. It just offends my eyes.

I’m the Independent today it mentions in the article about his mother being removed from court that the pupil at the center of all of this wasn’t even his pupil- it’s bizarre how he’s carrying on anyway but especially for the fact that he may never even have interacted with this person

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/enoch-burkes-mother-removed-from-court-by-gardai-after-declaring-son-has-been-robbed-of-his-rights-42066752.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hè needs those Queer Eye For The Straight Guy people to give him some advice. I'd watch that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,149 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I wonder is he over compensating with his view on sex.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Howard Beale threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

That's how they operate. They inject themselves into situations that have nothing to do with them just so they can play the victims. It's utterly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I wonder is it his "court" rig out? Do all the Burkes have a specific outfit dry cleaned and pressed, ready for court appearances? "Mammy, is my court jacket ready for tomorrow?"

How is anyone defending this clown? Like sorry but the guys in jail because he decided that being suspended from work wasn’t for him and he’d show up anyway.

They get an order from the High Court that says he’s not allowed, but he does it anyway.

Found in contempt and jailed as would anyone else. But poor Enoch is a victim of the trans people… :’(

Such a victim he was suspended from work and they wouldn’t just let him show up!! Can you believe it?

I wouldn’t want that freak teaching my kids anyway.

The bible is a story book anyway so what it says or doesn’t say is an irrelevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jimdavey

A BIT EARLY IN THE DAY TO GET DRUNK////////..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,684 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

My God this E Burke dope really is insufferable. I say just leave him in his little cell he seems to like it there. If he can't adapt and think a little bit more and live in modern society then tuff.

Yes there is more than two genders. How hard is that to understand?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

But that’s the thing he’s not in prison because he doesn’t want to accept transgender people.. he’s in prison because he caused a scene on numerous occasions and was suspended while the school followed the usual disciplinary process but Enoch felt that wasn’t for him and he’d show up to work.

The school then went to the court to get an order to stop him (which they have said they did not want to do but had no choice) but he decided that even that was up for his own decision on whether he obeyed or not.

What boggles the mind is how his solicitor sister couldn’t or wouldn’t get into his stupid head that if you don’t follow the courts injunction you WILL go to prison.

the part that pisses me off more than anything about this whole thing is there’s some notion it’s a fight about trans rights or something when it’s just NOT.

its about a guy who got suspended for being a nuisance but felt that they could go to work anyway. A guy who caused a school so much drama even after his suspension that they had to move his former students from their usual classroom to an entirely different one because he occupied the room despite his suspension.

The school have done everything they can and all of it is in an effort to protect the children they’re trusted to look after. I wouldn’t want that guy near my kids and god only knows what else he’d do.

But what’s shockingly hilarious to me also is how even Burke thinks this has something to do with transgenders or his religion. It doesn’t— he was suspended from work for his behaviour and decided to turn up regardless.

Honestly even if the school sacked him in the morning and he was let out of prison first thing Monday, do you think he’d still show up to work?

i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Not since the hair-oil days of Pádraig Flynn and Charlie Haughey combined was so much passion stirred by a bunch of media-grabbers from Castlebar.

Terry Pratchet

Good day out in Court for the Burke family.

Family Objective: To take whatever steps are necessary to maximise publicity for Project Burke.

Mammy Burke: alleges corruption and gets thrown out of court; publicity rating 6½/10

Jammy Burke BCL: gets warned by the beak that he'll report her to the Law Society unless she apologises to him and shuts up: publicity rating 7/10

Eunuch Burke H Dip: gets yet another opportunity to shout at a judge; publicity rating 7/10

Not such a good day for the judge, unfortunately: Jammy refuses to apologise and he subsequently withdraws his threat to report her.😕

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Just listening to the court report on The Last Word... good jaysus. 🙄

"I'm a legal professional, a qualified solicitor, and I'm your sister, Enoch!"

"I'm representing myself, Ammi! You hear that, judge?"

Was that audio from inside the court or a reading of a transcript?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread should probably have been closed early on. As this is before the courts we cannot allow any further discussion (see the site ToU where posters agree not to

"post Material in respect of any matter that is currently before the courts"

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement