Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,421 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Then why are you still here on this thread?

You have made it clear several times that you don't like my opinion, that you don't agree with @Beasty , that @Ha Long Bay is doxxing you, that @markodaly is piling on and that @ancapailldorcha is not responding to your question, and those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I am sure there are plenty of others.

You clearly don't like what you are reading, so why don't you take your own good advice and click out again? After all, the welts on your back from the self-flagelating must be weeping blood at this stage after 40+ pages? After all, it's not your thread, is it?

Is it another example of your do as I say, not as I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,024 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

or it is more simply explained by what a few have observed here. That Beasty enjoys a good row/debate.

I make no bones about the fact I do too.

A meeting of two minds maybe?

Already there are the usual few running off with a bone and describing this exchange as and accusing me of 'taking up Beasty's entire evening' 😁 Nothing could be further from the truth.

It's grade A comedy in fact.

It is incredible stuff, but somehow the two boyos seem to think this is somehow normal!

If this was real life, we would be looking at someone who was harrassing a neighbour who was responsing politely and asking the family to intervene to sort out the perpetrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I think I am in the bad books as well 🤣

Seemingly saying "the opposition" is bad, I should have said "Sinn Fein" and ignored all the rest of the parties in opposition so I could get a warning. Then Francie would be happy 👌

That's what I think I done anyway, every time I log back into this thread 2-3 more pages of posts

Noone said otherwise?

Doubtful any poster in exchange with admins want being there either?

Just I don't think it's reasonable to critise one poster for his part in an PM exchange,while bending over backwards to excuse another....

you can't hold admins to different standards than posters,either critise both for excessive length or none imo

• Advertisement

Standard interaction with Beasty and others when I get warning. Which was all too often.

Review and accept which was majority because I was wrong.

If not it will be a single PM to clarify or explain my post. Max I think is 4 PM's between us.

Mate if you are having 7-8 on every single one, then 30+ on other????????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

if you were having an im convo with someone would you count the amount of chats you send?

its excessive if all the traffic is one way, not if its a conversation

Part of the issue in CA is that despite this type of post ^ being reported for disingeuousness and worse (I got a warning for saying what this is on thread BTW) nothing was done, you are free to keep on at this disingenuousness.

This is YOU blatantly circumventing the mod instruction by using the phrase 'a certain other party'.

Depends on which party is in government. I am sure the naysayers now will think this is the best idea ever if a certain other party is in government.

Mate I can't even remember what the post was about or what the context was.

Keep trawling over thousands of posts on boards, excellent use of time

Im off out on my boat 🛥️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Yes. Welcome to current affairs.

They (mark odaly, Broken angel, blanch152 with guest appearances from ha longbay and mike the cop) attack like a pack of lying jackals and if you get baited, you get a warning.

Broken angel has claimed posters were laughing at Ukrainians dying. I said he was abusing Ukrainians by making that claim to try score points in a discussion. I got warned for that. Blanch posted that Leo never leaked at all. Several people responded. All the responses were deleted but branch's claim left. Mark constantly claims people are homophobic for being critical of varadkar but supplies no evidence, but is allowed do it repeatedly. Blanch joins in. They all back each other up (and probably flag a lot).

And the biggest conspiracy theory of all is anyone who is critical of government in any way is a shinner, which generally leads to IRA talk and it seems the admin is a conspiracy theorist too, so it can't be a coincidence these people are given an easy ride to bait and troll.

Just look at their behaviour on this thread. It speaks for itself. Going after the poster and peddling false claims and insults. Typical CA.

Mind it doesn't sink... like your credibility just has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

The problem on CA is certainly laid bare on this thread, and it isn't Beasty.

It's the two cheeks of the same a*se shouting the same things back and forth at eachother over and over again, all the while self-assured that they're the ones with some sort of highground. Could've picked out the top posters on both, 'sides' before I even clicked on the thread.

I've let myself get dragged into some of these back and forths myself, been sanctioned when appropriate, had them overturned at times when context was discussed via PM. I've found Beasty to be pretty reasonable in any of my interactions with him, even including an occasion where I wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭irelandrover

How many times have you asked this question? Francie already said he wont answer you so why do you keep asking?

How many posts do you have on this thread? I'd bet that its more than 29 posts anyway and that's only in 4 days. So clearly you are one of the people who spends so much time arguing about this stuff.

You are part of the problem here. You have so many posts in this thread that play the man and not the post. Yet you seem to get away with it. It contributes to people feeling that the moderation is one sided.

There is a contradiction at the heart of thst Fionn in fairness.

I never said I have the high ground by the way. I have admitted that the mods have spent all too much time because of me and in reality Beasty could have rightly included me as a time sink.

Watching this thread has made me realise that.

I do apologise to all mods who have had to give me infractions/warning etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

This is what I said to you the other day when you were saying the thread was done and should be closed. Why are you still here? To troll and have a go.

@markodaly @brokenangel and myself have all admitted to being sanctioned on occasion. So how can you argue that moderation is one-sided. Sure, I haven't had the 89 infractions that Francie has got in a year, I make it 30+ over three years (a record I am ashamed of), but there is one big crucial difference.

Francie and Brucie appear to be the only two posters who engage in long diatribes by PM with mods and admins. All the rest of us appear to just either accept the sanction or engage in one or two PMs.

Think of a soccer analogy. You have players who regularly pick up yellow and red cards, accept and acknowledge that they are deserved, get on with the game, serve any suspension and keep playing. Then you have the guy who picks up red cards, going in high and reckless, argues for five minutes with the ref after any card, head-butts the fourth official on the way off the pitch, drops his shorts to the opposition supporters and destroys the away team dressing room, before calling the referee a b*stard and a w*nker live on national tv. Now both types are subject to the same sanction, but would you be surprised if the referee has a different attitude to each type?

Francie and Brucie are the latter type, the modding isn't the problem.

You are ignoring the different element of attitudes towards the mods and admins. Only two posters are abusing the mods and admins. You know who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭irelandrover

if the moderation is one sided then of course one side has more infractions than the other. That would seem obvious to me.

On your soccer analogy, i still expect both to be reffed the same. The bans they get will be different but the referee should treat them both the same on the pitch.

• Advertisement

One long 'diatribe' blanch, a PM exchange where one of the allegations keeping this thread going was made, not by me but the mod.

To be brutally honest before this thread start as far as I was concerned the mods had it in for myself @blanch152 and @markodaly

I can't prove that now of course but that was my opinion prior to this thread.

Watching this thread and the carry on I can see now the mods have actually treated everyone equally. It really has been an eye opener to what mods have to deal with. The difference is the amount of time off thread the mods spent with others.

I was a mod for a sports site on facebook and f**k me I never had the BS the mods have to deal with here, if I did it would have been closed down.

Now as I said you can believe that or not, no skin off my nose, but it's the truth.

So trying to say it is one sided because a few posters have thrown their toys out of the pram is 100% incorrect. In my humble opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

To be fair it takes two to tango so presumably you were responding to him resulting in a back and forth.

I've had previous conversations with you via PM so I know you are not averse to stop responding when you've had enough, even when questions remain unanswered.

So to be honest a lengthy back and forth is as much your fault as theirs.

And as I've said earlier, what you've accused them of (coordinating) isn't against the rules of the site. Further to that it is an allegation you've made based on a hunch with no evidence.

That is the contradiction at the heart of Fionn's post.

If we are 'the same cheeks of the one arse' why is one cheek perma banned and the other free to continue the trolling, badgering baiting etc. that we see here?

They admitted they are coordinating. Along with others, who seem unwilling to admit their involvement

So the allegation was correct and as I mentioned it was hardly unfounded when multiple people had already came to the same correct assumption on multiple threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭FraserburghFreddie

Ultimately, the decision of a mod/admin is and should be final(assuming dispute options have been tried of course)If posters try to'brow beat'their way to overturning this the whole forum will be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Dispute options such as appeal to the same admin who made the decision in the first place?

That was the original point after all, before the admin sanctioned pile-on began.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How many times has Leo got mentioned in here ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

No, they admitted they were communicating and I've already explained to the show witted amongst us as to how communication differs from coordination.

They never admitted to behaviour that would constitute them being a "proper little tag team'.

In any case, coordination is not against the rules of the site or indeed the forum.

• Advertisement

Tired stating this but I will continue correcting:

Brucie and I DID NOT coordinate to open this thread.

We DID NOT coordinate to take on moderation.

I DID NOT coordinate with anyone to organise pile-ons on thread.

I AM NOT in the control or under the direction of a 'political overlord'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement