Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I blackmail my landlord?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Your Ll will sue you and quite a possibility of being arrested for blackmail. Please do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dear tenant,

I've paid the €90 late fee for not registering the property that you reside in. Also, I'm giving you a months notice to get the feck out of the apartment, as I'm putting one of my kids into it.

Enjoy homelessness,

Your landlord.

Yeah, it could backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 button_smith

• Registered Users Posts: 16 geniejews

Here an I and Im though that I have seen it all, as your tenancy has not been registered with the RTB, it only means that the l/l cannot instigate a case against YOU. You can always instigate a case against HIM if you have a reason to do so. Act your age and pay your rent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Have any of you seen the cat, dead or alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

I used to be a landlord. I had issues about 9 years ago with a Tenant giving out about not being registered with RTB. He couldn't find it on the search, he rang them up and they couldn't find it either. I sent him a screenshot of my registration - He kept on and on at me and I just ignored him after a few times until he went quiet.

So even if OP rang up the RTB to check if its registered (which he can do) and they say it's not, it's still not reliable.

And even if it's not, as others have said, it doesn't mean tax is not being paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

OP if you do that you will be a criminal you know that? Blackmail someone’ fault and taking affirm it is criminal.

you could end up in jail or at least fines

Advertisement