Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scummiest thing you've ever done?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I love how that poo drawer story still triggers some unhinged people almost 6 months later. The gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Spare me the faux outrage about it as well. People have little to be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Gardai are useless. I got head butted in a local night club years ago. Knew the lad who did it. Lots of witnesses including bouncers, all on CCTV. Went to Gardai, gave his name, address and all the bouncers details plus the managers details to get the CCTV and was pretty much told he wouldn’t do it for nothing. Told guard that I hadn’t even spoken to him that night and we hadn’t had any arguments in the past. Pretty much told me I was lying and said he’d look into it. They did nothing.

Saw the guy a few weeks later and went to town on him. Would only bother with the Gardai now if I needed an insurance form or something signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭pgj2015

All Guards aren't the same and if you meet some who drag their heels, you go to the sergeant or higher up, simple and I know because I have had to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭galwayguy85

Worked in an English teaching job abroad…the owner of the language school gave me the impression of a decent number of hours (on a quasi-free lance basis - his students had payed up front for a block of lessons and some of them were delegated to me). It soon became apparent that many students would cancel/postpone lessons, leaving me often with just about €60 to €75 of an income (on a good week). Not enough in the small town I was in, where there were no other schools I could ‘freelance’ in.

Along the way his hard drive became corrupt, but with my IT skills I got it going again… had a good old gawk at the music and photos etc stored on it. One was an especially ‘intimate’ selfie!! I didn’t copy or store it to my own laptop etc, I was too shocked by what I saw (as a straight male). I was payed for the massive dig-out at the same rate as teaching students the present progressive tense etc, which was a pittance.

I was eventually compelled to get full time work in a different sector (despite being vastly overqualified for the new job). Gave the dude the legal 4 week notice etc and asked for my final week’s wages. He absolutely refused to hand over the money on the basis that he bought teaching materials for the purpose of my teaching position, stuff like a whiteboard and even trivial junk like marker pens (neither of which I even asked for. It’s not my place to pay HIS business expenses - hang onto them was my basic message to him and share em with the next teacher).

He refused to budge until I emailed him a scan of the well known postcard ‘Expose Yourself to Ireland’ while I was visiting my folks here. A subtle, between-the-lines, suggestion of ‘pay up or prepare to be very, very embarrassed!!

Nobody tangles with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

About 20 years ago I had just finished a long days work, it was a cold dark evening and I had just arrived at my bus stop. I was a heavy smoker at the time, puffing through the majority of a 20 box of John Player Blue each day.

I glanced down the road to see no bus in sight so I did what any smoker would do and lit one up. Now even though I was a heavy smoker, I was still a little aware of my surroundings so I would never smoke in the bus shelter itself but instead I would stand a bit down the street away from it.

Anyway, I lit up and after a few hits I started to embrace that familiar feeling of the hairs on the back of my head starting to stand up, my calf muscles started to tingle and I adjusted my stance to a slightly wider one, in order to steady myself as the potent John Player Blue cigarette delivered it's almost knock out level of nicotine to my nervous system.

Stars started to form in my vision and I muttered to myself "aaahh lovely..." Then out of nowhere, I snapped back to reality when I began to feel a rapid poking feeling on my upper left forearm.

I looked left then right but I didn't see anything, so I looked down towards my arm to find the source of this intrusive feeling. To my surprise, standing there was a 4 foot nothing lady motioning me to take out my headphones.

I obliged and was met with a tirade of abuse along the lines of " you disgusting smoker, etc. " I apologized and pointed out that I had made some effort not smoke directly beside the bus stop but I would move further down if it was bothering her that much.

The lady stood there, staring at me directly in the eyes. I was just about to slowly back away, when I noticed her top lip slowly starting to rise.

Suddenly without warning I was almost blinded by a sudden vapour like mist. It sprayed from the lady's mouth, almost akin to what some kind of masked wwf wrestler might do, in order to blind his opponent during the final moments of a match.

Unfortunately for the lady, our height difference had prevented the projectile attack from fully reaching my face and the majority of this saliva mist landed on the upper chest area of my jacket.

I stood there in shock unable to move and this crazy lady did the same. Suddenly I burst out laughing and this seemed to break this spell which we were both under. She then proceeded to call me a scumbag and finally returned back to her seat on the bench at the bus stop.

In an effort to understand what had just happened, I started to replay the events in my head. It was only then that I realised when the lady spat on me, without thinking I had reacted almost instantly with a return fire of my own, however being such a heavy smoker I was a lot more versed in spitting techniques than she was and I had nailed her with a powerful phlegm, right between the bridge of her nose and her left eyebrow.

Always felt like a total scumbag for doing it but I can't really explain it, like I had already done it before the thought of retaliation had even entered my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

I'm by the book legit, I expect no easy way out or favours, work my ass off and always keep learning. Tiny engineering firm the boss owner had a hard on to give me a rough time. His foreman was a cripple with a lame leg one of the apprentices had a fucked hand with a thumb missing. Honestly not my problem he hired dog eared wankstains but expected me to take up the slack. I was already apprenticed up knew the job and I really did respect the boss owner, asshole of a human but brilliant at his job. This was wrought iron railings and fire escapes. He was practically St Jude as employers go in an industry where you can't let mistakes happen. One of the other apprentices was a convicted car thief from a well off family and I pretended not to care but deep down it irked me.

All I got out of that scumbag was 'loan us a quid for me lunch' every day, his mama et papa bought him a nice little used VW golf for being a good boy passing his driving test and not being a stinking death driver any more. I'm owed x amount so pay up 'haven't got it I've petrol to buy' He'd a seiko watch so asked him who bought you that? his parents, looks like that'll cover what he owed me so took it off him and smashed it in front of him. This is real power, I did to him what he did to others and there was **** all he could do about it. **** thing to do I know but he owed didn't want to pay the same way he owed society and didn't pay back there either. Mama et papa had that covered, well in the real working living world you owe you pay!

If he'd have apologised to the victims of his criminality or made amends in some way I wouldn't have been such off an asshole, but I've petrol to buy. He's lucky I only smashed his watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

About 20 years ago, fell out with student housemates, can’t even remember why. Bathroom and one of their bedrooms had the same key. After the falling out, they take the bathroom key and start locking their door.

I just bought another key and kept it for myself so I had privacy in the only bathroom.

Lo and behold, they arrive back on a Sunday night. I’m in my room and hear frantic unpacking and panic conversations on the landing. They’d couldn’t find their key!

After about 30 mins of this, they come into me, pleading for the key that was in my desk drawer. ‘I don’t have it any more, it was my mate’s and his landlord wanted it back. Can’t be getting him in trouble etc.’

Listened to the panic for another 30 mins or so, even calling their parents to search at home. They eventually found it in the pocket of some clothes in their suitcase.

Scummy thing to do but I don’t regret it. They were shitheads.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

I played in a two piece band for years, gigged on the ferries and did well but the lad I played with was self centered, had no empathy and mean, he would turn up late for gigs just when the gear had all been set by myself etc. I endured this as we made a few bob during a recession. When we had time between sailings we would play poker in the cabin. I never really knew how he did not cop it but he never won at cards. You live and learn, he didn't. Don't play cards with me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Worked at Xtra Vision during college 15-20 years ago, we got robbed one day and I was tasked with figuring out what they stole for the insurance claim. 20 or so phones and Ipods altogether.

I added an extra Ipod and phone onto the insurance claim and pocketed.

Also anybody who had some credit on their account for more than a year (most were 10 euro deposits for games that the person never bought in the end) I threw onto a gift card that I kept topping up.

I would also swipe a lot of pick n mix and blame it on local kids (they did steal a lot, but not as much as me).

Cracked one off behind the counter once too.

Best job I ever had.

Advertisement