Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scummiest thing you've seen scummy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Yeah... it's so unbelievable that there'd be women pissing in the streets, fellas spitting at other lads or windows, bad parents giving infants cans of coke, and weirdos **** in the park in front of a girl. Couldn't happen. Not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ok, my turn:

Throughout the pandemic I worked in a city centre hospital, with a number of Methadone clinics close by. EVERY morning there would be piles of human faeces on the footpaths all over the streets coming up to the hospital - this is as a consequence of people taking Methadone (which can cause severe constipation in many users) and other drugs such as Methylnaltrexone (a "loosener" in layman's terms) together. It was such a daily occurrence that I didn't even blink an eye at it after a while.

Occasionally you would see said faeces smeared onto car roofs, windscreens, car handles (deliberate I'm told), and on the door of the various offices and clinics on Eccles Street and surrounding areas. It wasn't unheard of the have it shoved through letterboxes too. You'd assume this is done by hand with no gloves etc.

Also during my time there I variously had people urinate on my car (usually once a week or so), and once caught a guy masturbating onto it - cue a hurried stop and pulling up of his trousers and running away when I clicked my fob and the car lights came on.

Have seen men and women cook heroin on spoons and shoot up (males injection into their groins) all over the inner city but also on streets as visible and open as Henry Street.

Occasionally you'd be treated to a live sex show or sex acts in public too by the "unwell" population - in broad daylight.

Witnessed a few "scraps" amongst the local indigenous and migrant populations, incl. one where a guy with a small plastic bin of Budweiser bottles ran up and down the North Circular Road throwing said bottles at a "friend" of his. The bottles smashed variously on cars, footpaths, and houses along the road. There was a Garda car park parked outside the prison at the time - the Gardai needless to see didn't intervene.

Outside the Spar at the Five Lamps one day saw at "interfamily domestic dispute" (for lack of a better term) where two women in their 30s or 40s went into a full brawl in the middle of the road, whilst their male partners did likewise. Gardaí came quickly enough to be fair (in this instance), and the locals gathered to verbally abuse the Gardai. The traffic was at a standstill during this.

Speaking of faeces, can't believe I forgot this one.....was driving in the area once and there was a teenager taking a dump from one of the overhead bridges onto the traffic below being cheered on by his friends. Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Why would you think that? You need to get out more if you think those are made up. Spend a few days in Dublin city centre and you'll soon see a different side of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,866 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Leaving broken bottles at a beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,901 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭HazeDoll

A chap who had gone to the school where I teach (I didn't actually ever teach him, never had dealings with him at all) saw me leaving my car with the dogs to bring them for their walk. He shouted the usual "Aaaaa, Misss!" so I waved back and kept walking.

Got back to my car to find the driver's side door and window spattered with pearl jam. It was dripping off the door handle. I had to climb in the passenger side and drive home trying not to look at the gobs creeping down the window.

I didn't actually see him doing it of course, but it can't be a coincidence that out of the literally thousands of times I parked there, this only occurred the one time I saw him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I never heard the term pearl jam before, its amusing and I'd like to use it again.

Just to clarify, does it mean phlegm or semen?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭HazeDoll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

yup... had to pick up some broken ones a couple of weeks ago, right near the water... someone would have been cut to bit if they had of walked on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

This has been my joy to experience too, except it was a dead crow, and I knew the girl. We were out together as a group for the night.

I thought she might have been harbouring a bit of a grudge against me, after that, the idea grew wings, and I felt pretty certain about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Watched two guys fighting . when one of them fell on the ground, a third fella ran in and smashed a concrete block on his head

Fella getting a slap of a belt buckle across the head..

Saw a fella trying to rob a box of magnums out of a freezer in a corner shop by putting them into a gear bag. the audacity of it...

Biggest mystery of my early childhood was who wrote **** on the walls of the primary school toilet in ****

Then there was the one about who took the **** in the sink in secondary school...... **** problems seem to follow me around the place...

Heard this one second hand so can't vouch for it but apparently one house of lads played a prank on another house of lads by scraping out the "butter" out of the Kerrygold tub, **** into it and then covering it back up with butter and putting it back in the fridge. Once you get over the scummyness of it, it is actually impressive...the thought and ingenuity like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

First time for me also hearing that euphemism 😂 and, of course, now Ive heard it used in that context, I doubt I'll ever use another synonym, should circumstances necessitate a reference to semen.

Is that where the band got their name, I wonder? Would be strangely disappointed if it was.

Parked outside of a tescos recently enough and saw a guy slap his partner/wife in their car as they pulled away. In front of their two kids as well. What chance do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The sh*tty butter one is an urban myth - nobody has ever seen it happen but lots of people have heard about it from a friend of a friend

There are a few others like that too. Off the top of my head, there is one about drunk students burying a live cat in the ground with its head sticking up and then running over it with a lawnmower. I guess there is a possibility that someone did this with an already dead cat but a live one - nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Mike McCready then provided the story about the band's name: They were originally called "Mookie Blaylock" after the NBA legend, whose jersey number was also the title of the band's debut album, Ten. The band was pretty desperate to come up with something better, and in a brainstorming session in a Seattle restaurant, Ament managed to conjure "Pearl." The "Jam" part of the name was added after the band had been to see a Neil Young concert where, as Ament puts it, "Every song was like a fifteen- or twenty-minute jam."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The poo accounts remind me, another joy of teaching where I did for a number of years was the discovery of logs (not wooden) behind the occasional door. No rhyme or reason to their location.

The Sinn Fein chief whip refusing to grant FG TD Alan Farrell a pair so he could go to his father's funeral last month was pretty scummy, even by SF standards.

(And I'm no great fan of Farrell after his dodgy compensation antics.)

Dont know why exactly but Im really relieved to here this.

A few years back in a cafe on St Patrick's Street, a couple of scumbags came in asking to use the toilet. After being refused, the woman pulls down the trackies and starts to squat. The lad working in the cafe dragged her out the door and then got in a stand-up punching match with the male scummer outside on the street. I still shake my head thinking back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,788 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Saw 2 junkies having sex on the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Fine Gael / FIne Fails implementation of the housing crisis on the population is right up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I drove us, should have just left him there and drove off 🤦‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

On it or in it ?

On the roof would take it to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If only it was on the roof and spared the rest of us in the carriage from having to see them going at it, hear them at it and unfortunately for those who had to get off the dart at the station go around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

A bully in school pulling out his pubes and throwing them at his victim.

Vile creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If a TD needs to be missing for a vote for personal reasons (funeral, marriage, sometimes hospitalisation), the done thing is that the other side make a 'pair' with one of their members, who then does not vote, so the original person's absence does not affect anything. It's a long-standing tradition, works both ways.

Advertisement