Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€30 off a year for Electric Ireland customers with SuperValu rewards

Options
  • 05-08-2022 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I can’t seem to find this posted anywhere on this thread and it’s a free deal to get €30 off your Electric Ireland account a year with SuperValu rewards, info below.

Ive successfully taken €5 off my next bill and I’ll have another in a couple of months. All you do is go into your SuperValu rewards app, generate the free code and paste it into the website above. Tip - to enter the code click where the image below is circled on the website (took me ages to find this as it’s not clear)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

I was able to generate 2 codes on my real rewards app in the last 24 hours for €10 off. Doesn’t seem to be any spend required in SuperValu as I go in there very little and I can’t remember the last time I even shopped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

How do you generate the codes...I already had my Electric Ireland account and real rewards linked for their previous offer where you had to cash in points for a voucher code and this ended a few months ago. By with this new deal I can't see anywhere in the app where to get the codes - it says they would just show up in your vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

This is painful. Krypton Factor painful. Just going round in circles between 2 apps.

I generated the code in my real rewards app see below - it’s beside the €5 off €35 voucher for me.

Thanks Sp744, no Electric Ireland voucher appearing in the voucher section for me at the moment, just the normal Money Off voucher. I know the offer was only starting in August and I haven't shopped/scanned my card in there this week yet, so maybe after I do my weekly shop tomorrow something might appear!

• Advertisement

Keep me updated with how you get on as it doesn’t seem as easy as I thought it would be for others with accessibility and access to the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Email I just got now says:

If you’re a gas and electricity customer, you can get two €5 vouchers every two months, for a total saving of €60!

I am a dual customer and applied 2x discount codes but for some reason I was able to generate a third but won't bother adding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just checked the app- maybe click on "Deals" bottom right corner. It mentions the discount there. You just need to link the ElectricIreland account with your RR account it says. I am not an Electric Ireland customer at present , but this served me as a good reminder to switch to them as I am due a switch 3 days already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This is a nightmare.

Have signed up to Electric Ireland.

Have signed up to SuperValu and both are linked.

Received the voucher yesterday from SV and received the code, however there is no way to input the 9 figure code into the EI app.

Every link provided by either company just has me going round in circles.

Help!

• Advertisement

Use the link in my first post and click where I’ve circled in the second posts attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

This is the link to use to redeem a voucher code (make sure you're signed in to electricirelandrewards.ie)

https://electricirelandrewards.ie/Voucher/RedeemVoucher

not to be confused with this one which is just explaining the offer

https://electricirelandrewards.ie/Voucher/Redeem_SuperValu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

I got the email also and am signed up for both, have accounts linked with months have used the supervalu card a few times this month already. but haven’t received the €5 off in the supervalu app. Tried to link SV card and EI account again but it says it’s already done. Anyone any ideas or have the same issue.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

same here no voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beet_root

From SV app "Important Update:We are aware of an IT issue which is currently impacting the Electric Ireland free €5 vouchers. We are working hard to fix this issue. Your free €5 Electric Ireland voucher will be added to your Real Rewards account as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience."

Thanks beet_root for that info, good to know as my vouchers still haven't appeared...so hopefully they will in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Last week, using the 9 digit code on two €2.50 paper money back vouchers, Electric Ireland treated them as €5 each. I haven't actually got any vouchers that say €5 on them. The app only shows a few €2.50 money back vouchers, and no €5 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Has this been fixed? I still can't see the free voucher.

• Advertisement

Seems to be have been terribly implemented by SuperValu. I don’t understand who thought it was a good idea to remove the real reward points but then to replace it with these “perks” that are inaccessible to some is madness. I used my first 2 but will update this thread if I get more in the future.

If your 1yr contract with EI is due to expire in the next month or two we probably won’t see them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

Just posting to bookmark this thread.

Still waiting on been offered the voucher.

The convert points to voucher was a better method, because you had more control over it.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

I was on to SV yesterday about the vouchers, I didn't get the error message on the SV app like I was before but I've no vouchers either. They told me to get on to EI who told me there is a problem and it has been escalated.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Moving2017

I was onto SV about it also… they said they would escalate it and get back to me. My contact is up in a few weeks so I don’t expect to see it before then.

I contacted Supervalu via Chat yesterday to query why I hadn't received the voucher, they checked my card had been scanned lately etc and said it was a technical issue and logged a ticket for me. The €5 voucher was in my app this morning so very quickly resolved! Advise anyone having an issue to do the same.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Tried live chat just now to raise a query and the chat terminated... 🙄

I don't seem to have received either the EI vouchers or the money back ones. Will try emailing and see what happens.

Fired them off an email now too, they have had ample time to resolve the issue at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Just tried SV chat, they say EI have a problem but my case is being escalated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭corkie

Was onto SV chat yesterday and the voucher is available in app today.

Make sure to tap on 'All Vouchers' to see if it is there.

It didn't show up on the home page.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement