Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolved Irish Mysteries.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭suvigirl

The area along the canal was a red light district, with many many prostitutes, rent boys and pimps operating. There would have been plenty of unsavoury characters around at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In the media last time the talk was of criminals who sold drugs, prostitution in the area along canal. It was not as quiet as you think at least not back then.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

It’s likely he had been lured to an address around Haddington Road, maybe down one of the side lanes, rather than the main beat. An attractive lady, or a guy acting as dealer’s agent, he met at the bar, eg in one of the venues might have said there’s a party on or he’d have a good time if he called by, and maybe some cocaine or whatever to get him awake for work for the next day. “Don’t know how I’ll be in firm for work tomorrow”… “here’s something for that, try it, and if you drop by x address there’s more of that to be had”. And he calls by, maybe doesn’t have the required money for the “deal agreed”, or maybe pressure put on for him to sell it on. Maybe or maybe not the first occasion. But if this was the case he might have found himself way out of his depth with a dangerous criminal at the back of it, and if he then threatened to report this situation to guards or others etc, well the criminal put a quick end to that and would have dispatched him at the premises, disposed of the remains in a car up the mountains or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭oceanman

informants are generally people who the cops have something on, so you would have to take what they say with a large grain of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Was trevor walking the most direct route home? Looking at his known movements i dont think he was.

Re deirdre jabob, when you look at the image of the man from the post office cctv its a strong possibilty its Larry Murphy. Probably 90 percent him.Not sure why they blur out the face. Chilling stuff. He is 100 percent responsible for Deirdre. Probably JoJo Dollard too given the proximity to Baltinglass. All it would take is a stroke of luck to nail him.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/11595264/larry-murphy-deirdre-jacob-cctv-images-lookalike-mystery/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Generally speaking most missing person cases hardly register with people, you might take a passing interest.

I always find it fascinating how some missing person cases remain in the public eye for decades and other don't appear to be given a second thought

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I would imagine some might have a history of mental health issues or addiction issues and the family may feel that they succumbed to that.

It's up to the family really to keep the drum beating!!

The trouble is that people with addiction or mental health issues are way more vulnerable to being prey to others, as in the case of poor Elaine O’Hara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GHendrix

I think it really helps if you have something like CCTV footage and some kind of information.

With Trevor Deely, you have the whole timeline of the night and CCTV. He was so close to home that you can really pin point the exact area where something must have gone wrong.

But sadly, so many people go missing with nowhere near enough info to even make a start so the case just never gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

A few observations on this.

Did this informant witness the obduction and murder or just hear the criminal confessing to it. It is known for some bizarre reason in high profile murder cases that often a person claims responsibility even tho they didnt do it. It is a form of attention seeking. If the informant did not actually witness the obduction or murder it rasis this possibility. For instance in Raonoid Murray case there were a few informants claiming a person admitted to them of the murder of her. It is not that informants are lying about hearing these confessions it is that the people confessing to the informants are lying.

Also if this informant did witness a person actually abducting him or murdering him their oral evidence in court would be strong enough to charge the person with murder so it does not look like this informant actually witnessed anything. If you're a hard criminal and murdering people are you really going around confessing it to others who did not witness it? Why would you do that.

If he was caught up in drugs how come none of his friends or family knew or witnessed him doing it. He was 22 from a well to do family in kildare and doing drugs by himself?

If a criminal did want to kill him why was it just not a drive by shooting from a car and driving on like most criminal murders. Why kidnapp him. How did this criminal know he would be walking down baggot street at 4am or was it just luck he happened to see him out that night.

The Garda will never reveal that level of detail.

At the time they said he came forward with a guilty conscience and gave very specific and credible information. He also had no interest in any rewards etc. He told them that Trevor was shot in a chance encounter.

At the site he led them to, 80K of drugs were found and a gun so it was obviously a place of interest.

It sounds as though he was someone who worked with the gang at the time and knows the internal information but probably wasn’t directly involved in that particular incident.

It would be really bizarre for someone like that to just make something up for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Deeec

I don't think Trevor was involved or used drugs. He seemed a genuine good nice guy - I don't think he was the sort to be into that scene. If he fell victim of a criminal gang I think it would be more likely he seen something he shouldn't have and he was murdered because of that. I think for Trevor it could have been that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A lot of Dublin criminals are ultimately just scumbags. I don’t even think they’d need a motive.

They might have started a fight with him for no particular reason and it escalated quickly or mugging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah after the dig I definitely think he saw something he shouldn't or there was some sort of altercation....he could easily have been trying to diffuse a situation he came upon.

I definitely do think wrong place wrong time.

The fact the main sober eyewitnesses, ie, taxi drivers were off the road, his flatmates away so no one raising the alarm early that he was missing, the area being cleared for Clinton's visit....it was just one thing after another that went against the case.

He might not have been big into drugs at all, but under a bit of persuasion at Christmas might have agreed to try out. I was not much into drug use, but because of company I was in I did try out and didn’t like it very much. As I said in a previous post it’s possible there was a misunderstanding about a sample given to him by a dealer to hook in him, or if he was very stridently anti-drugs he might even have told a dealer he was reporting them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

That’s nasty speculation. The family used to visit this site. Fishwife theories are just that.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Shocking really that there are still no anwers.

I doubt it was any of the above.

Post edited by Gusser09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 30,262 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I sometimes wonder do Crininal Gangs say stuff to people to see how trustworthy people are.

• Advertisement

mod

lads Trevor’s family have asked that this mindless speculation just stops and I’m inclined to side with them on this.

I understand it fits with the thread, but at the end of the day we are discussing human beings here and if their family has asked it to stop it should stop.

Please refrain from further discussion, do not reply to me on thread, PM me to discuss.

if this warning is ignored threadbans and sanctions will follow.

edit - wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Edit - just seen mod warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭I told ya

Yesterday's Sunday Times - Ireland.

After 27 years is this likely? With the reports of lost evidence, crime scene not properly secured, the DPP's position. At this stage is there any possibility of new evidence? Unless the person responsible hands themselves in, I can't see a conviction.

Or are AnGS gaslighting the family? Keep the spotlight on a named suspect to deflect from themselves?

As regards Ian Bailey being extradited to France, the Supreme Court put paid to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tibruit

The Gardaí gaslighting the family. That`s a good one, almost as funny as position of the DPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,033 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Pretty shoddy that they don't update that site. At least one of the people on it has been found.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭I told ya

I had no intention of being funny. STduP and her family deserve justice.

It's just that my view is that AnGS are stringing the family along. As things stand there is no possibility of a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tibruit

Either the report you cited is wrong or the investigators have made some progress. I suspect its the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭suvigirl

There is always possibilities.

Anyone could come forward, circumstances change, people change their loyalties. You never know.

• Advertisement

I can almost guarantee you it's not the latter. It's clickbait stuff of the highest order. We've heard this down through the years with this case and various others.

Advertisement