Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 7) Tullamore Golf Club (27th Aug 1400 hrs)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

We’re not all auld lads like you slave!!

@bluenote every round I play there (except inter club) is off the very back sticks, it’s a good test of golf alright!!!

We should play off them to show ye what it’s really like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads ...we have only two more events of Fix , next year ye can play on Bethpage Black to keep long lads happy (aka delusional lads).

But for two more events , can I have the simple pleasure of a site ban for anyone mentioning back sticks ...

Kinda joking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Could have introduced another alternative alongside Fixs Fairway Finder...Fixs Red Alert, everyone off the forward tees

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭bobster453

I loved Fixs Fairway Finder.Failed miserably..only hit 3..but great craic.

• Advertisement

That would actually be great crack!! Would a club allow it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Not gonna make this one.

Presidents the following day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Playing Kinsale on Thursday, Roganstown on Friday, and Tuillamore Saturday. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Break80

After trying my best in The Fix fairway finder. I was 0 out of 4, Then I remembered Fix saying there was a pint in it for anyone missing all 5/6 can't remember.

I said to myself might as well get a pint out of it on the last tee box of the comp. Aimed right. hit a good shot. split the fairway. BUMMER

• Advertisement

Was amazing number of lads who turned up for pint (lol)

Time sheet is full.

Can use waiting list function if needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Lads, I injured my foot and can barely walk. Any problem if I get a buggy?

No problem.. with an injury it is permitted

Guys for lads in first 3 groups this has been sent to me by Corey - Pro at Tullamore - We are running a short game clinic.

"We can start at 12.30pm and do a 60 minute short game clinic, I will provide the balls and we will reserve the practice area for us. We will cover basic chip shot, pitching with loft and bunker play, players will need PW, Gap Wedge and their most lofted wedge"

I'm also going making it 12 (as a Post punk not going) - if anyone else in first 3 groups not going and someone else can come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Dammit, should've taken a provisional spot!

Flamed out of the Captain's qualifier yesterday, so hoping to make next week now as I love Tullamore.

I've put myself on the waiting list so 🤞

Not wishing any misfortune on anyone of course! But there's nearly always one or two late pullouts 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭blue note

Forecast is looking good for Saturday. Now as long as no-one jinxes it and says it out loud it should stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Richiemaloney

Perfect looking forward to it 🤪

All if there is any chance you can't go, please keep in mind there is a waiting list for this one.

Again late drop outs not appreciated and I don't care about kid problems (joking kinda).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭bobster453

@FixdePitchmark be honest not joking at all really are ya?😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The club has some decent practice facilities (putting green, chipping area, nets etc...), and has a short range, though not sure if you need to use your own balls still.

If you want to get some driving practice in, there is a range in Rahan, which is around 10 mins from Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mooz

Played Tullamore last Wednesday, what a beautiful course. Thought the greens were excellent and the course was in top shape. I liked the variety of holes, few real risk reward holes. Will definitely be back! Enjoy it Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Snackbox20

Really looking forward to this outing. Thought I was going to be a withdrawal as i was isolating again since last Thursday, with a 2nd bout of the blasted Rona, but out of isolation today, negative test and back to normality 👍👍👍

There’s a half marathon on in Tullamore Saturday. I’m not sure of the time but it should be well done by the time we are heading to the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I'll probably just play the golf for this one 😜

Good idea lads ,,,,

OK , change of plan for this one.

Meet in Bridge House at 730 am , massive Irish fry - 2 of everything, Hash browns and beans to the side .

After breakfast, just 1 pint to settle the nerves .

Then out to Bridge Street for the 1/2 marathon - as always, like a boards outing , keep the pace up and slip under the 3 hours .

Off to Tullamore for the short game clinic- then shoot the lights out in Tullamore...

Class idea lads...

All, still 2 on waiting list - so if you need to drop out there are 2 replacements...

Obviously do as early as possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭blue note

I hit the range last night. I was conscious that it's 3 weeks since my last round, so didn't want to travel down having not hit a ball in that long.

I was surprised by how well I hit it from the start. I went through the bag - driver, high iron, low iron, fairway wood, three quarter wedge, utility. Everything working great. So then I started going through the bag again and it seems I've gotten all that good golf out of my system in advance of the weekend.

I didn't try the putter, so should all have a few decent putts left. So I should be making a few nice putts for double bogey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Alas, looks like no last minute dropouts.

Enjoy the day everyone, Tullamore is a class course. At least I can make Captain's dinner in the home club now.

Advertisement