Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Sisters (Sharon Horgan) [Apple TV+]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭delboy85

I just finished it today. Really enjoyed it.

I very nearly gave up after the first episode but am glad now that I stuck with it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Stuck this on a few days ago. Up to number 6 tonight. Damn it, and work tomorrow. I find it very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I enjoyed it(It was like an Irish Desperate Housewives) but I felt it was a little long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Loved the opening song to this

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's been renewed for a second season. Not sure that's at all necessary. I enjoyed S1 a lot but it definitely felt like a one and done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah no, I agree with you what could they possibly do in a second season? Who else are they going to bump off?

Initially I thought oh they'll be trying to cover up for Grace now, but obviously that's what they were doing in S1, even if they didn't realise it.

Becca does have another death on her conscious but I can't see them a) getting a whole season out of that, or b) making it funny.

I suppose the characters are all strong enough that they could just follow their relationships with one another and have it be funny. Throw in some kind of dramatic event to shake things up a bit. I dunno. We shall have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have the final episode to watch. Really enjoyed it so far. What a prick... They had his character down to a tee. So many times you would want to give him a slap throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Very enjoyable series.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Doesn’t need a second season. It told a story and the story is told. Let it stand as a one off. It’s one of the best pieces of Irish TV that most Irish people have probably not seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Bit ridiculous having a new season with the same characters. I wonder if the second season be a totally different group of sisters, kind of like the different seasons of Fargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Just catching up on this show over the past couple of weeks, and really enjoyed it. Lots of laughs, lots of utter cringing and nausea every time JP called the wife 'Mammeh'.

The non-believeable bit for me was the idea that a small insurer would be carrying the risk of a near million euro contract. Those lads would be brokers, not insurers in the real world, with a large, regulated insurance company ultimately carrying the risk. But sure lookit, it's just drama.

Did anyone recognise the location of the larger buildings? The hotel where Ursula meet up with Barry for a quickie, and got bumped by JP in the car park was in Tallaght I think. What about the hospital and the office of JP and Horgan's character?

The office where JP and Sharon Horgan worked is the Fingal County Council office in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks, I guess Fingal must be marketing the county as a shoot venue, and this was part of the deal.

Advertisement