Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Sisters (Sharon Horgan) [Apple TV+]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I haven’t seen the ending of course, which isn’t out till tomorrow, but it doesn’t feel to me like the type of show that would be a long runner. It’s possible it will be left open ended but I think if it is, it would need to be done right or the viewers will be throwing items at the screen. I just don’t think it’s the type of show that would be sustainable for years on the premise it has. It also might be a difficulty getting that cast again together to do another one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I know the sisters are great and potentially a second series could follow them in the aftermath of whatever happens in the last episode, but it feels like the whole structure of the series wouldn't work for that. Honestly I think even the 10 episodes is stretching it a tiny bit. One and done seems like the right option here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Agreed.

Enjoying this but thought Catastrophe was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Just watched the finale. I thought it was fantastic. Really enjoyed the show overall.

Kind of what I was expecting to happen, but also kind of the only way it could end, I think, so I'm happy with it.

Although..... the whole Mina thing was a bit weird. Like Becca's just a killer now, I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I stuck with it until the end but overall I thought it was quite poor, for many of the reasons already discussed on here. I'd give it a generous 5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

Felt like one episode too long. I enjoyed the show overall. It wrapped up kind of how I generally expected. My only gripe was the insurance lads doing their thing felt a bit OTT by this stage. Lads, either shît or get off the pot is what I think I’d be telling them. Plus I don’t really get that angle. The main guy is delighted with how the dilemma wraps up but we know there are other clients who have been defrauded by the dad so it really doesn’t end there for them. Maybe the Williams is their last account? It didn’t elaborate and I think it might have helped the ending had we known.

Yes, the Mina thing. Again everybody happy things wrapped up from the Garvey perspective but because killed an innocent woman along the way and also somebody she was close to but let’s just forget about all that now because, hey, happy!

JP was at least an even bigger ba$tard than we would have ever imagined and he got what he deserved It did really reinforce the plot I thought

good cast, well executed for the most part and entertaining but would have been better as 8 episodes I feel

^ I guess the brother's could say they only discovered what their dad was doing when they were looking into JP's claim and they might get away with it then? They only really existed because someone had to be looking into it who a) weren't the guards, and b) could have something held against them in the end so they'd keep quiet. It worked for the most part but they were probably the weakest link of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I thought the last episode worked a lot better than most other episodes, probably because it felt quite even in terms of tone which has always been my big gripe.

Also glad that it appears to be wrapped up neatly with no suggestion of a second season.

The series reminded me how good Anne Marie Duff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

What was the movie grace was watching? I missed what was written on the box

sctratch that. I just figured it out. Kind of makes it worse that the disc resumed at the important scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I enjoyed it, loved the dark humour. Had JP not been killed by you-know-who, I'd gladly have obliged. Absolute prïck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That got so dark, the scene in the bedroom between JP and Grace was just superb acting. On a while, bit ott and the Mina thing was so glossed over, they should have only made it look like she died and that Becca caught a lucky break instead of the way it played out but i really enjoyed that each week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Poor Mina and poor paint ball man* - both innocents.

I enjoyed this overall and I liked having to wait a week for a new episode, like the old days.

Can't work out where I saw the guy playing Matt before, it's not any of his IMDB listed parts - maybe an ad?

*Pity Becka messed that up, I thought that was a great plan.

Matt is played by Daryl McCormack who was on an add for Mace, I think, or one of those little shops, can't remember which one. Think he was just smiling a lot in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

What a great show , best Irish show in a long long time .Apple Tv doesn't have much on it but what they do have is real quality.

Horgan is definitely the most talented writer/actor I think these shores have produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Gunner5

Pretty sure he was in something else as well. His voice sounds familiar too - It was Fair City

Edit: I was thinking it but I don't watch it but Google agrees it was Fair city

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

He is also in the last series of Peaky Blinders if any of you watch that - am only watching it myself at the moment on Netflix.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I thought the series overall was very good, yes it was exaggerated for effect, it's a tv show not a documentary. JP's character was so odious that we were all willing them on to kill him. I think the outcome wasn't too shocking or surprising but was happy with how it went. All in all, a very entertaining series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daryl also was in Fair City and is the male lead with Emma Thompson in award buzz worthy Good Luck to You, Leo Grande

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Am I the only one that thinks Daryl McCormack sounds so much like (and similar appearance) to Baz Ashmawy ??

Enjoyed the series overall but a bit obsessed with where the houses are. Some it stretching the imagination a fair bit but did enjoy waiting the week.

Interesting ending but not convinced it is physically possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Really enjoyed this, the acting and cast were excellent. I do find it a bit sad that this an all Irish production of this quality wouldn't ever come out of RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭dontmindme

I'm really at a loss to know how people watch this so transparently contrived predictable crap.

With their eyes. Each to their own, if you can suspend reality to watch other stuff I don't see why you can't do it for a show like this. It's not intended as some gritty, true-to-life drama.

The biggest show in the world at the moment is about incest and dragons, so a show about some sisters trying to look out for one another is perfectly fine in my book.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Really enjoyed the ending and it made good sense.

Spoiler:

The only odd thing was the breakup between Ursula and the photographer, made absolutely zero sense. I think they were trying to imply that he had mistook Ursula as wanting him to kill the husband, which in proverbial Meat Loaf terms he wouldn’t do that. Even wierder there was apparently a scene shot but cut for timing where Ursula and the husband break up. As it plays out on screen it just seems to happen abruptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Becca is good in her part and the spit of Bono including his little short legs !! Mccormack was in the film God luck to you Leo Grande playing a sex worker to Emma Thompsons older woman brilliant film not sleazy.

Yeah, the scene with the boyfriend was weird. I thought he had just left in the night (the night JP died) because they were ending it or whatever, and it conveniently left him unaccounted for. But the scene in the finale implied something else alright. Didn't really make a lot of sense either, I don't think, that she'd actually ask that of someone else, or risk exposing her sisters by asking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,095 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The thing that annoyed me the most was leaving them top down on the convertible while at work.

Advertisement