Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Those printing kiosks in most shopping centres could've done the job a lot better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Those business cards are embarrassing :mad:

Unbelievable.

You could get some adequate cards for next to nothing.

Very poor.

John talks a lot of sense! Clever head on those shoulders! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

twirlagig wrote: »
    Those printing kiosks in most shopping centres could've done the job a lot better!

They could have at least cut the pieces of paper in a straight line, not all jagged edges!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This couple are seriously lacking in confidence, it is a shame as they have a beautiful home and it has so much potential.

• Advertisement

Man from Ballymaloe there.

Ballymaloe sponsor the show.

Convenient :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Cute head on those shoulders ;)

This couple are seriously lacking in confidence, it is a shame has a have beautiful home and it has so much potential.

It is a beautiful house, but you fear for them, they have no idea what they are getting into.

Skid wrote: »

I could be wrong but a woman that looked kind of like
    Darina Allen was in that group that came to look at the house earlier. Although surely they would have pointed her out so I'm probably mistaken

Skid wrote: »

To be fair, Ballymaloe is very closeby ;)

• Advertisement

To be fair, Ballymaloe is very closeby ;)

Fair enough.

I wasn't aware of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Caraville wrote: »
    I could be wrong but a woman that looked kind of like
    Darina Allen was in that group that came to look at the house earlier. Although surely they would have pointed her out so I'm probably mistaken

It was Darina Allen alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

3 1/2 months to get cards printed:confused:

I think that this couple might be better suited to making restoration programmes, something along the same lines as Kevin McCloud's "Grand Designs".

John is the Brains of the Brothers, very shrewd guy.

Although Francis is a terrific salesman and 'people person'

The website is being handled by a professional, the business cards/literature are being handled by a professional - why were they using these as excuses when they wouldn't have even been involved with them?:rolleyes:

Anyway, rant over! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fab house... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

These pair don't want to run a business IMO.....

Sorry I know she got sick and all that....BUT.....

I like their Dog :)

I wish them well, they seem like a lovely couple who have had to overcome alot!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nice place to rent for xmas.

Their dog is just adorable!

I wish them well. But I question if this will ever be ran like a proper business :rolleyes:

I think you are right, their real passion was the restoration of the house rather than the desire to have guests in it.

At least this show will be a good advert for the place, looks like a lovely place for a break.

I don't care what anyone says, we have some of the best accommodation in the world in this country. I know it can be a bit dearer but the standard of most places is really high. That house is fab, as are most places in Ireland's Blue Book that someone mentioned earlier.

If anyone from Kilmahon House reads this, the Facebook link on the front page of your website is dead.

Just trying to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I agree with most of the above opinions. I don't think they are going to bet the business up and running for some time. - if ever. the house is stunning and they are a lovely couple and dog, but they have had a lot to contend with. Wishing them all the best, whatever they do!

BTW - I love Francis! He really is hilarious! He and his brother are a great team. Very entertaining!

This week sees John & Francis paying a visit to 'The Brosna Lodge' in Banagher, Co. Offaly, where owners Pat & Della Horan see the Brennan brothers do their magic.... Actually, I am really looking forward to this one (last episode in the series), as I've been there and I know, although not closely, the owners. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's on. Love this show.

Place looks manky. Hopefully the brothers sort it out.

• Advertisement

The bedrooms are bad :(

The bar and resto look good.

Advertisement