Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were 18 and going into LC year next year, what APPLE ipad would you want/need?

Options
  • 07-07-2022 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

My daughter will be 18 soon and has used the same ipad throughout her 5 years so far, including through lockdown for remote learning and schoolwork. It was expensive at the time. 126 Gb maybe? Could have been 258. I think it cost about 600 five years ago, so would have been a relatively high spec for the time, though not top end.

For her 18th, I would like to buy her another one, ideally one which will carry her through uni. She has never really used a laptop so I'm not sure that she would be disappointed with just an ipad rather than a MacBook. I'm wondering though, would she need a laptop? Or would an ipad do for everything?

I'm pretty sure, she would not consider another brand so if you are an Apple fan, can you give me some advice? I have never owned an ipad or indeed any tablet at all! I am also an Apple fan (iphone fan) so I understand her loyalty to the brand as I know that they are durable and I find them easy to use. Since it's the only operating system she uses, please don't suggest Android.

So far, I've come across my Armageddon i.e. being bamboozled by the different products. So, ipad, ipad pro, ipad mini, ipad Air - what's the difference? Is there a website where you can compare the specs? She's not a gamer. She would stream/browse/chat/facetime or whatever, but she would also need one that supported applications required at uni (her intention is to do Law or Law with Business - so presumably just the MS Office Suite?).

Thanks for your insight.

👨‍🎓

Comments

Advertisement