Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train push teen gets suspended sentence

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm not so sure that its safe at any stage or age,,,,, Friend of mine who I worked with for several years, and who was a pretty frequent user had a lot of ups and downs in his life. But he quit, and stayed clean for awhile ( after his marriage broke up) but a few years after that, he went back to his old ways again, and last year committed suicide. Did the wacky baccy play a part? I don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, I'd say definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Wouldn't it make sense to have him regularly drug tested as a condition of his suspended sentence?

That's your experience. Not everyone is like that. A lot of these hyper aggressive gangs of lads are constantly smoking strong weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well, in my 10 years of being a Garda, I never arrested someone for doing something while stoned. Most were drunk, quite a few had class a's. But never just weed. Strange that... Yeah, it doesn't suit some people, like most drugs to be fair. Up to the person to recognise and change imo. The youth, well, no idea there. They shouldn't drink either but they do. Psychosis can be caused by any drug. And while it's still illegal here, we don't know what percentage of consumers it happens to.

The "my cousin" and "I know a lad" stories are just that, stories. They'll always blame the weed, but always leave out the other intoxicants they take during that time. I know far more people who are far better off as smokers than drinkers. For every sad story, I'd wager there's thousands of happy ones when it comes to cannabis.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,037 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kick a girl in the head and down under a train that was about to move off

=

you don’t even get a criminal record.

great country…not…an absolute kip

And the lad now probably being patted on the back, being told how great he is, and a positive role model because he turns up to some program and makes the right noises probably as advised by his legal representative.

kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

It's madness these days. Want hate speech laws. Yet kick someone under a train that's grand. 🤔

• Advertisement

What beggars belief is that she ended up under the dart by being kicked in the head… but…

The response from our judiciary…” I know, I’d like the person who did that terrible thing to be ok let’s see what we can do to help them.”

not a single thought to helping society and innocent people whereby a commensurate custodial sentence could be a deterrent not only to this urchin but the rest of his kind…” hang on, better not “.

the reality is, if the driver had been closer to moving off and didn’t notice the commotion outside she’s dead…. You don’t survive that…

did the urchin realise its wrongdoing and try and alert the driver, sound an alarm ?

Did it fûck, nope, it was away quick time… it didn’t care about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

There's only one answer to this and I will probably be condemned for saying it but that's girl's family need to group up and kick the f***ing **** out of those bastards.

The judiciary did f all for them so they will need to get justice themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think we just need to clarify...the woman in this case didn't end up under a train by being kicked in the head.

Ohh yeah the girl that got kicked in the head didn’t end up under the train, it was the other girl…who was tripped.

There's a huge amount of court cases that my first thought is "How did this get anywhere near a court?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Wow. This is a bit like the Roy Keane Alfie Haaland grudge.

And Keane avoided a custodial sentence too.

Advertisement