Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Season 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

😁 was well wrong me - no harm; coast looks clear now - not too many dangers i reckon 🤣

~27% long pot success from Selby; a telling stat that one 🙂

Standard is chronic (for this stage of big comp anyhow) in this Noppon/JJ clash here,, look forward to stats afterwards - if i'm still awake 😂

be guessing pots percentage no bigger than low 80s - possibly even in the 70s,,

4-3 to Noppon - went 2-0 up early on, and tho Jamie (who looks fair seasoned for 34 - hard life p'raps 😃) levelled at 2 apiece and 3-3, he's never been ahead

Ryan Day thru 5-4; finishes with a 120+ break,,

meanwhile on TV table, the balls are awkward as, the standard is getting worse, and Fouldsy has just given up on the excuses: it was ''Nerves'' , ''Feeling it'' , ''Pressure'' ect, ect,,,... don't think he's paid enough to keep at ye olde damage limitation regarding the cack on show 😂

frame must be on about 15 mins, and score is 7pts to 10 in favour of Jones 😂 better than the LLS all the same; not that there's a high bar to compete with!😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

While the pressure and tension line is overused, I think it is fair to say pressure is a factor in a match like this. Two players ranked around 30 or 40 going for a place in the semi finals on tv.

Saengkham is fairly smacking that ball now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Think this match is a classic case of players who get up to the 30s or even 20s in the rankings and get stuck, lacking the extra gear and maybe the bottle to make the big leap into top 16 or lower. Fair few of them around.

• Advertisement

Noppon compiles a break of 30 odd, then breaks down,, three reds left, and Saengkham is 46-18 up

SF day tomorrow

Ryan Day v Robbie Williams

Mark Allen v Noppon

ITV4 has had enough it seems, with two of the other channels in the mix

SF1 on ITV @ 12.45 , and the evening SF on ITV3 (i think)

50/50 that one, at least, will be entertaining 😊

Mark Allen cruising to the final. I'd nearly get more points against him.

Advance prediction:

Mark Allen beats Ryan Day in Final 9 - (between 3 & 5 ) ,, ie with a few frames to spare

4-0 at min against Noppon & a v healthy lead in frame 5 for the NI man,, don't think there be too many comps going with an open draw going forward,,

Allen has a very good safety game in this comp so far [from the little i've seen 🤣] ,, could be a WC contender for once!!

WD Ken!!

called that possible in off to opposite middle, like a mofo!! - even Angles be proud of that one 😋

5-0

• Advertisement

decided to back Mark early for WC

looks to have a solid all-round , not pushing boat out too much , game... a changed man imo - looks to mean business!! and fair play to him 🤣🤣

Win and EW (2 plcs) @ 28/1

last prediction - we'll be hearing plenty of: "A new AND improved Mark Allen" from comms et pundits etc,, 😁

only a shot or two away from a 6-1 victory (out of position atm - puts brown safe, as is 64 ahead with 67 remaining) - hon the Irishman !!

An exhibition frame on ITV between Ken and Hendry. Nice one

Was gonna watch that, but it clashed with a big h'cap at Ascot 🤣

by my calculations it kicks off around 4.33 on the ITV+1 , so will watch it there

Watching on +1 ,, showed most of the usual stats, to include 'Long Pot Success' - didn't see 'Pot Success' tho - strangely enuf, hmmm 😏 be thinking a 'conspiracy theory' here myself,, could be they were thinking of the poor strike rate on potting last night 😃

Henry's still got it !

ya were one ball away from 3-1 up Robbie - ya almost threw it away! - almost 🤣

nice cup of tea now for the englishman 😊

Don't blame Williams playing on needing 4 snookers there given it was a decider, but he only needed 2 in F9 and stayed in his seat. Little odd that, maybe. Allen has to be very warm favourite tomorrow, underachieved over his career but not half as much as Ryno and just looks more confident and composed this week than he has for a while. Fancy him with at least a couple to spare tbh.

One or two misses creeping in but Ryno proving me wrong here so far, turned up to compete and well worth his lead. A session lead would be very useful for him if he could manage it.

think Allen knows he's gonna win this now,,, well settled, and generally on top overall.. should pull ahead now; think he wins with a couple of frames to spare

hon the Irishman !

• Advertisement

best of seven now, with the mid-session interval upcoming

that was a poor prediction above 🤣

🤣🤣 twice now the player had to remind the ref about the 'three miss' warning 😃

Allen, a couple of frames back, and Ryan Day, just there now

That was a shocker from allen there, after playing some mesmerising safety too. Think there'll be one or two twists yet though, Ryan the better player tonight but not exactly in his dna to get these things done without the nerve ends being shredded!

It'd be the biggest win of Day's career with the extra invitations that it opens up.

Certainly looks like his bottle is holding up so far, based on that blue to green pocket he took on there.

He's held it well together so far. Am thinking back to his interview last night where he joked he'd prefer to concede the final, go for a round of golf instead and watch the Manchester derby after. Maybe the psychology worked and he didn't put too much pressure on himself, been able to play his game. Still has to finish it though, allen not playing well but never usually gives it up without a fight.

getting tense now

Really called that match wrong and happy i did cos he's a real nice fella and a great talent too, just never scaled the heights he was capable of, but there's still time! Not 100% on this but think that might get him back into top 16 for first time in a while, or certainly very close to it anyway.

He is back in the top 16 alright, a big win, he seems to have been around a long time. It is nice to see these stories every so often, encourages the others too, that every dog can have his Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Rob Walker and Dave Hendon mentioned he is back in top 16 with the points. While I wanted Allen to win, I am delighted for him, a good guy is Ryan. Fantastic rewards for him, e.g. Champion of Champion, cazoo series, etc

• Advertisement

I think it shows how the random draw format for this event is a good thing. While he played well and beat some good players, Day only faced two players inside the top 50 to reach the final so draw gave him a decent chance and he made the most of it. The top 16 get so many privileges, it's good to see the system working for those lower down, including too the likes of Noppon and Robbie Williams.

Advertisement