Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Price Increases [Groceries]

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

Most elderly people are well able to look after themselves and like most intelligent people, they will make changes to lifestyle.

If they can't lift a 5l bottle, they won't buy it. But generally they despise the snowflake generation having faux concern for them when the snowflakes would have little ability themselves for many things life can throw at you - things the "elderly" would take in their stride.

I was playing golf with a 78 year old today and he fully agreed with what I am saying and he's sick to the teeth of snowflakes thinking he can't look after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭vafankillar

gonna be honest, off all things in the world, i think rice would be up there what i'd taste the difference least between microwaved or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

So, eh, when did Taytos become €1.40? I could buy almost 3kg of roosters for that (Aldi 1kg 49c)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭BoardsBottler

They did this deliberately to make the meal deal more appealing, or to make it look like you're somehow saving and getting good value. really its just them trying to offload more in bulk and rope people into buying multiple items. Greed

They just want the quick easy money cash grab recyclables and to up their recycling stats at your expense.

Well no, as it is €1.35 in Dunnes, €1 in Svalu, €1.90 in Spar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭BoardsBottler

thats still a rip-off. i would'nt be surprised if either of those other places were about to make a meal deal of some sort of offer related to those, if they don't have one already.

They usually float around €1. anything above 1.25 for a single pack of mass produced tayto is too much

They just want the quick easy money cash grab recyclables and to up their recycling stats at your expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Dunnes Stores Little Gem lettuce up from €1.49 to €1.69 & Spring Onions up from €0.79 to €0.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

Just used a 5 off 25 voucher in Dunnes. I'm usually close to the 25 but was at 28, so double checked the receipt.

Suddenly lots of price increases. Pork Medallions (4 to 4.19), Salad Tomatoes (1.19 to 1.29), bargain items that have always had 50% off before now 46-47% off. I had been expecting this because they've been out competing the other chains, and were bound to pull back.

HP BBQ sauce was 500g, now 465g and costs ~e4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭jj880

Jaysus. Aldi's bbq sauce is very watery. Lidl has a nice bbq sauce. Thicker with more flavour. This stuff.

Pretty sure its 1 euro / 1.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Paid €2.95 for a 3L of milk the other day, fairly sure it was €2 before Ukraine got invaded. Yet it's a reduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Probably a reduction from its highest price. 2 litres went up to 2.19, if I recall, and was reduced to great fanfare....to 2.09

2l cost 1.49 before all the increases started piling on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭thesandeman

SuperValu two litre still water was 55c before DRS. Now it's 65c plus 25c deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

More to the point, they were living in this country for decades before bottled water became a thing, and somehow survived… 🙄

Life ain't always empty.

Iceberg Lettuce is now a minimum €1.15 in all chains. Was ~59c during C-19

methinks Eamon Ryan had a point in telling us to grow salad in our winda boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

In fairness, years ago everyone just took for granted that tap water was safe to drink, and carried on.

Nowadays we know there can be all sorts of problems with it, with boil notices regularly in some parts of the country.

I personally use a brita filter. But I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to drink water straight from the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Had to buy spuds at the weekend. Local veg store was €10 for 5kg of roosters and €15 for. Kerr pinks.

Got roosters in dunnes for 8.49.

I hadn't had to buy any for the last 8 months as I grow my own. The price was shocking. I think I didn't plant enough this year 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭jj880

We have 35 drills planted. Cant get seed for the last 5 drills. Sold out everywhere.

Everyone thinking the same. Spud prices to rocket this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I was caught on space. I've 30kg planted. Normally have 45kg. Lost control of garden with the wet summer and winter. Need to get it back for next year.

Advertisement