Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German UN Delegation Laughing at Trump

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I didn't say he was responsible, I said that I doubted his intervention made much of a difference. I'm sure some red states saw an uptick in vaccination rates.

Covid should have won him 4 more years. All he had to do was listen to Fauci. That's it and he bungled it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭timmyntc

But his replacement President Biden listened to Fauci, and there was another 500k americans dead from covid by the end of 2021.

Now we've established Trump was actively pro-vaccine and not anti, so what is to blame for those 500k dead in 2021? It can't have been the previous admin's lack of vaccination carrying through to the next year, because the previous admin were pushing hard for people to get vaccinated, even through 2021 Trump still pushed "his great vaccine".

So why is it that the 2020 admin "bungled" covid response and the 2021 admin did not, despite equal death rates across both? (and the latter admin had the advantage of vaccines available, none around for most of 2020)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You're moving the goalposts again. He was pro-covid vaccine and encouraged uptake but pre-covid he was busy laying the foundation for this disaster by spreading conspiracy theories, discrediting experts and destroying Obama's pandemic-preparedness system.

Trump has been a trainwreck for the US. The whataboutery about Biden does not change this. Since the thread is about Trump, I won't be discussing Biden here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Everything they said would happen under Trump is happening during Bidens presidency

Build back better is now there will be food shortages

You started all this by claiming Trump was responsible for hundreds of thousands of US dead.

Biden has seen the same amount of dead from covid during his time in charge so far, so how did Trump bungle it but Biden didnt?

• Advertisement

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Blaming Biden for the covid deaths after Trump is like blaming Fine Gael for the economy right after the crash under Fianna Fáil’s “watch”.

The guy has gone above and beyond trying to get people vaccinated and the country moving again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Do you have any evidence that Trump did not try to get people vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I was a supporter of Trump, I bought a shirt and cap too. I could relate to him as an incel I know what it is like for the mass population to hate on you. In the end it just felt like a right v left battle regardless if you liked Trump as a person of not. I don't like him as a person but I needed to show my support of him due to my dislike of the radical left. I will support anyone who the radical left hate.

Advertisement