Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German UN Delegation Laughing at Trump

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, it isn't.

Anyway, he invaded Ukraine again and NordStream is dead. The damage Trump did to the US and the international order will linger for years.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Der Spiegel had an article on how Merkel's phone was bugged long before she came Chancellor by the American NSA.

They, at the very least, knew who was pushing her up the ladder and who would want payback once he got her there.

Trump spoke about Germany's insane and self damaging approach but it would have been all down his intelligence advisers pointing out that the Chancellor's thoughts on key issues were not her own but Moscows.

He was completely correct in this speech and it was echoed in the Obama administration as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Going to need for evidence for that.

I don't see how a tinpot wreck of a country could push Europe's largest economy up a ladder.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭timmyntc

You claimed Trump's anti-vax information caused all those covid deaths that occurred under Biden's watch. Trump has consistently been vocally pro-covid vaccine, on news, twitter, campaign rallies etc. Much more than "panhandling emails".

Just admit it, you were wrong, yet instead of admitting it you are doubling down and going on inane rants about the orange man bad. The Time link references sources and events from long before 2022 if you had read it all you would see that. And fyi I'm not fawning over anyone, I do not like or approve of the man, however you are clearly wrong in this instance yet cant admit it. Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah now, Trump was talking out both sides of his mouth. He took the vaccine but was very slow to endorse them publicly.

Biden inherited a complete shítshow from Trump, the majority of covid deaths in Biden’s term would still fall on Trump for his inaction and wilful ignorance.

He’s doing the same now, speaking at an NRA show in Texas but banning guns from the venue.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Genuinely, how was he talking out of both sides on the covid vaccines?

He publicly endorsed them, every media appearance he endorsed them and told his supporters to get the vaccine. He was the first to promote the vaccine before anyone else jumped on board, remember that initial response from most was that they didn't want to take a jab made in such a rush from Trump simply because it was under his presidency (as if he had anything personally to do with it😂)

He was one of the most pro-vaccine politicians about at that time, much to the ire of his base with a large anti-vax contingent in it.

At what point does the Biden admin take responsibility for covid death rates? Feb? March? April? No matter what way you cut it the deaths over that time period are very similar to that of the previous admin - it cannot all be blamed on the guy before, especially seeing as most of 2020 had no vaccines at all.

His “followers” didn’t seem to get the message, by the looks of things. Maybe they were confused by his, near, constant attacks on mask mandates, lockdowns and spreading misinformation on the virus.

He handled the pandemic terribly and a lot of people died as a result. There’s no denying that. Biden will always have the excuse that the situation he inherited was already too far ahead for him be at fault for the excessive deaths.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

So he didnt promote anti-covid vaccine messages, and that poster's claim was false.

• Advertisement

Nope. He disparaged the vaccine and Dr. Fauci constantly during the pandemic and Americans died by the hundreds of thousands.

Proof that he was consistently pro-vaccine? Not tweet dumps or random quotes. Actual scientific evidence.

H. H. Asquith

Obama left Trump a pandemic-preparedness body and Trump disbanded it, probably because everything the black guy did was terrible.

H. H. Asquith

Can you show me evidence of him disparaging the vaccine? Other than a scientific study that you have misinterpreted, which shows Trump followers & people interacting with him on twitter were anti-vax. The study even pointed out that Trump himself did not have any anti covid vaccine statements.

Again, you miss the point. The damage he did by spending years spreading anti-vaxx propaganda and dismantling the body that would have saved lives was done by the time the pandemic hit. Saying one or two nice things about it with all the enthusiasm of a whipped cur changes nothing.

Since you posted no evidence, there is no reason for me to change my opinion.

Honestly, I'm so sick of this Trump cult. Your demand that I apologize was just pathetic. You have to accept that people are entitled to hold different views and that, if you're going to insist on shutting down dissent, at least pick a god better than some bloated orange twit who pays for sex.

H. H. Asquith

First it was that he spread anti covid vaccination stuff, now you are backtracking to a general "anti-vaxx propaganda" before the pandemic hit. Baseless nonsense from yourself.

I have already posted evidence earlier in the thread chronicling Trumps pro-vaccine stance and how it hurt his reelection campaign and proved unpopular with his base, but yet he still pushed on promoting covid vaccinations regardless. Dont let the truth get in the way of your own biases though.

And again you bring up the "Trump cult" - I am not a Trump supporter, nor am I trying to shut down dissent, you seem to be projecting here. The only one trying to shut down dissent is you by adopting a fingers-in-ears approach and ignoring the truth even when its right in front of you.

And as surely as night follows day, repetition is used as a substitute for evidence. I'll believe it when I see scientific evidence, not your rambling Trumpster revisionism.

H. H. Asquith

He also tried to politicise the vaccine:

In the wake of the dramatic news of a potentially effective COVID-19 vaccine, President Donald Trump posted a flurry of tweets that claimed its makers, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Democrats had conspired to suppress the announcement until after the 3 November presidential election. The U.S. company involved, Pfizer, "didn't have the courage to do it before," Trump asserted on 9 November. And FDA and Democrats, he wrote, "didn't want to have me get a Vaccine WIN, prior to the election, so instead it came out five days later."

As ever, it's all about him and his cult following. He probably only took the vaccine out of pure self-interest. He's an ageing old man barely able to form sentences. He only survived covid because he got top medical care that other people paid for.

H. H. Asquith

Aye, in December 2021. After the damage had been done.

H. H. Asquith

There was a study that showed Trump was the main antivax influencer on Twitter in 2020, this was despite not making any overt anti-vaccination statements.

It wasn’t just about covid vaccines, either. The study, also, showed that he made comments linking autism to vaccines. I really can’t see how anyone calling Trump antivax would be incorrect.

• Advertisement

Yes but after 2 years of the pandemic, he got vaccinated. Therefore, in the eyes of the Trumpsters, he has done no wrong. It doesn't matter that the most influential figure in US politics spent years and years promoting white supremacy, anti-vaxx and other scutter.

He disagreed once and we now have to see him as a saint. He's no longer in office, thankfully. If he got covid again, he'd die given how appalling his health is. It's self interest and nothing more. He spent more time inventing funny names for covid that dealing with it.

H. H. Asquith

Articles can refer to facts that occur before publication date, fancy that. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel to try discredit evidence you dont like.

Poor lad

No evidence then so.

I'll not be apologizing then so though I doubt ex-Presidents read Boards.ie anyway.

H. H. Asquith

Evidence posted in previous post if you had read the article and not the publication date.

Here it is again in case you missed it

Here’s a recap:

February: 'Everybody, go get your shot”

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Trump said, “We took care of a lot of people — including, I guess, on December 21st, we took care of Joe Biden, because he got his shot, he got his vaccine. … It shows you how unpainful that vaccine shot is.”

Trump added: “So everybody, go get your shot.”

March: ‘I would recommend it to’ my vaccine-skeptic allies

In a Fox News interview, Trump said, “I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly.”

He also repudiated claims that the vaccines aren’t safe: “It’s a great vaccine, it’s a safe vaccine, and it’s something that works.”

Mid-April: Defended safety of Johnson & Johnson vaccine

After the federal government paused its authorization of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, in light of rare blood-clotting issue which vaccine skeptics seized upon, Trump excoriated the decision and pointed to the minimal adverse effects.

“The federal pause on the J&J shot makes no sense,” Trump said, adding: “Just six people out of the nearly 7 million who’ve gotten the Johnson & Johnson vaccine reported blood clots.”

Trump even suggested that the move would feed the kind of anti-vaccine skepticism that was on the rise in his base. (Allies such as Tucker Carlson have often pointed to unverified reports in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS.)

“Indeed, this moronic move is a gift to the anti-vax movement,” Trump said. “The science bureaucrats are fueling that deranged pseudoscience.”

Late April: ‘The vaccine is a great thing, and people should take advantage of it’

Trump told the New York Post: “I’m all in favor of the vaccine. It’s one of the great achievements, a true miracle, and not only for the United States. We’re saving tens of millions of lives throughout the world. We’re saving entire countries.”

Trump added that, “The vaccine is a great thing, and people should take advantage of it,” while adding that it shouldn’t be mandated.

July: ‘I recommend you take it’

At a rally in Arizona, Trump said, “I recommend you take it, but I also believe in your freedoms 100 percent.”

Mid-August: ‘Once you get the vaccine, you get better’

and so on and so on

Fair enough. Didn't make much of a difference though since he was the most active anti-vaxx Twitter account in the world.

H. H. Asquith

So you admit you were wrong and he was pro covid vaccine and yet somehow he personally is still at fault for the minority of those who didnt take the covid vaccines. The mental gymnastics must be dizzying🤣

No. Changing your mind when presented with evidence is quite normal behaviour when you're not in a cult.

H. H. Asquith

You say you changed your mind and yet in the same breath:

Didn't make much of a difference though since he was the most active anti-vaxx Twitter account in the world

I assume in reference to that dubious study which measures twitter interactions (i.e. interactions of anti-vaxxers with Trump and not vice versa). Trying hard still to blame him for the covid vaccine uptake despite him having being extremely pro-vax as soon as it was available... Some people cannot be reasoned with it seems.

Em... I literally just admitted you were right and now I can't be reasoned with.

No idea what logic you're using here, honestly.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

You admitted you were wrong, and then in same post tried to argue that despite Trump having been vocally pro covid vaccine that he was personally responsible for low vaccine uptake

Fair enough. Didn't make much of a difference though since he was the most active anti-vaxx Twitter account in the world.

oh well 😆

Advertisement