Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Tuesday 11th Oct

Newcastle: Standard

6.35 Newcastle

decided to cast us gaze further afield intee t'future; thought i might be able to 'narrow it down' to two or three picks here - no joy with that 🤣😣

pen landed on FIVE prospective ones:

COASE ~16/1 , SCOTCH MISTRESS ~10/1 , MILLIONAIRE WALTZ ~4/1fav , STAR SHIELD ~ 7/1 & AWARD DANCER ~11/2

hope to trim em to no more than three, as well as hope going don't get to Standard/Slow levels 🤣

last look for now

Tuesday 11th Oct

Newcastle: Standard

a fair few here as well on "t'longlist"

GOLDEN DUKE ~12/1 , CAPTAIN VALLO ~16/1 , LEZARDRIEUX ~8/1 & RHYTHM ~7/1 ,,, can't rule out NICKLEBY ~20/1 neither - 4th run for current trainer, back down in trip to 6f, plus 1/t c/p being applied

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

3.40 Musselburgh

Going is close on soft up in Scottish venue,,, easy enough to pick holes in all their form, esp given that a lot of these have some good recent form on goodish going.

one lurking towards bottom of h'cap is MAYWAKE 16/1 EW NB from Richard Fahey stable,, has only ran twice with soft going in description, but both those times have been over ~7f trip,, gelding come 2nd last November at Redcar over seven on soft, and won at York over that trip back in May of this year when racing on good to soft.

Will hope he can replicate either of those two runs here,,

in the opener, the amateur race @ 1.35, it looks tricky enough..,,,. Luna Magic ~6/1 & By Your Side ~10/3 are capable of winning here, and George Ridsdale ~18/1 might be worth an each way go,, hard to completely rule out the rank outsider Mr Sundowner ~50/1 here also, as has some ok form from couple yrs ago at just north of today's trip,, Small Win on Mr Sundowner,, Win on Luna Magic + Win on By Your Side,, each way on George Ridsdale

3.40 Musselburgh

Going is close on soft up in Scottish venue,,, easy enough to pick holes in all their form, esp given that a lot of these have some good recent form on goodish going.

one lurking towards bottom of h'cap is MAYWAKE 16/1 EW NB from Richard Fahey stable,, has only ran twice with soft going in description, but both those times have been over ~7f trip,, gelding come 2nd last November at Redcar over seven on soft, and won at York over that trip back in May of this year when racing on good to soft.

Will hope he can replicate either of those two runs here,,

a good spot that Konny - think @Maywake goes off ~9s here meself; we'll hav 2 hav a lil each way on tbs 😊

2.40 Musselburgh

a couple that can go well here at prices in a race where plenty might prefer good ground:

MUNTADAB 16/1 EW NAP

Out of form 10-y-o , but he's back down into a Class5 after mainly running in 3s & 4s this last while - with the exception of his 2nd last run, which was over C/D and on softish going,, came 2nd then = good enuf 4me

UGO GREGORY 14/1 EW NB

Without a win for two years, but is now down to a mark in low 70s; likes soft ground, and his lto run was respectable enough atc, as he wasn't too far back at Ayr on the heavy going. Has won twice in this time period also, with a win at York last Oct, and at Ayr in Oct 2020.

not worried about any of the single figured ones,, another one in double figures with fair place claims here is Global Humor ~12/1 , but he'd want to up his game, and break the lids better if he's to have any chances of winning here,,,

mebbe stick Global Humor in with the two picks to do combi 'casts - (fore nd tri) ,, at the prices and with the rest of field looking to have a few question marks against them, i feel it's worth playing me Next Best nd Napoleon selections, both in the one race ☺️

g'l

• Advertisement

had another look at this one - some of the shorties are expected to go well, upped in trip here, but i've gone for two each way here at okayish prices.

8.30 Wolverhampton

AWAY WIT DA FAIRYS 13/2 EW , CAFE SYDNEY 20/1 EW

don't expect much from them two, only for mebbe one to give a good account 😋

also, I think POINT LOUISE 13/2 WIN is too big to not back,, was hoping Away Wit Da Fairys be bigger, but anyhoo 🙂

g'luck

ta j@u 😊

ya're reet; 't'were indeed a good call - by chap wat called it 😂

looks like we're all on @MAYWAKE in 3.40 Musselburgh so

looks a good call lads - will hope we is lucky 🤣

me is also on the @ BEAMISH for ye Qipco British Champions Long Distance Cup at ye Ascotte on the day of Satur this wkend upcoming. 11s he's avlble at

best of luck to @Paddy Twomey and jockey/connections et al, but mainly @me and @beamish!!!

😁

2.30 (hopefully not sunny 😎) Yarmouth

going is Good-good to soft in places according to racecardee, but me hopes it greatly precipitates so as to leave ye ground nice nd soft for to cushion ye horsie hooves against any possible jarring :) and also to blunt, perhaps, the speed of jolly Tafreej 😄

two pickee here:

POSEIDON PRINCE 7/2 WIN ,, should come on a bundle from 1st run, and i reckon soft ground help his cause; being by Showcasing, it seems they goeth well with ye 'give'

another one me likee a lot here - has 'potential' 🙏

AL KHAWANEEJ SPIRT 25/1 EW NAP,, hopeful this one runs proper today - been a bit awkward in his first two races; should he settle, i think very much that he, being by Kuroshio, should also appreciate juice in t'ground, as it seems these progeny of Kuroshio's act on soft 😊

mayn't even rain - reckon it will tho - but anyhow, if it does, then me'll hope jolly shall floundereth on it, as me thinkin' that Shamardals like better ground,, try laying Tafreej for 2 & 3 places hyahh 🤣

chance hopeful reverse forecast with us two picks also; like @Sweet Talkin Romeo me's giving Nap in this race, more on hope/price/value etc, rather than on selection having any rock-solid claims

g'luck

leff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Not a great day yesterday with my two main bets suffering from 2nd-itis...

Some quick picks for today to keep me entertained:

1:15 Windsor - Libra Tiger interesting on his hdc debut, but Alcazan is in cracking form, so a bit on each;

Wolves:

5:30 Tipo Chico battled well in kempton lto, but there's few with claims, so 0.5pt only;

6:30 Ana Hadi went into my notebook for being carried out lto, is having another crack over 7f that didn't seam to suit but he was odds on for that 7f start, could be just a lowly run for hdc mark, but I can't just leave it be, so will do 0.5pt "to place in first 4";

7:00 Shin Saw Guy placed in all of her 4 starts, Hoolie is back in the saddle, maybe today is the day? 1pt

8:00 Francesi seems to have some class in him and is well supported for that reason, so let's jump the wagon, 1pt.

GL and HAVE FUN!

• Advertisement

2.40 Musselburgh

a couple that can go well here at prices in a race where plenty might prefer good ground:

MUNTADAB 16/1 EW NAP

Out of form 10-y-o , but he's back down into a Class5 after mainly running in 3s & 4s this last while - with the exception of his 2nd last run, which was over C/D and on softish going,, came 2nd then = good enuf 4me

BOOOOOM !!

😁 NAP Lands !

4.45 Muss ALBEGONE 6/1 WIN

g'l

4.55 Killarney

EVERGREEN AND RED 9/2 win

g'l

AFFAIR, down the field in 5,0'c Wolves might have place claims at a big price nxt time out with better jockey up

Wednesday 12 Oct

Wolves: Standard

Madame Fenella ~12/1 & Porfin (reet gud horse eh j@u - ya always backs him, don't ya eh? 😃)~13/2, meet here again (six furlongs this time) in what could be a clash of t'titans 😆 must giv better lookee laterer on to this one

Nottingham: Soft

Ashtanga ~11/8 fav here is by Nathaniel - possibly vulnerable at the 1m trip on soft ground; will consider for 2/3 plce lay.. if similar, or preferably shorter, price on t'day

also going is Khinjani ~13/2; Only 2 (obvs 😂) and is by Sir Percy, so probably wants furda, in time; we'll keep an eye on this one o' Ed Walker's with a view towards backing in races upcoming 😊

on the drift Shin Saw Gyi 7,0c Wolves - draw concerns?

Francesi looks to have question marks re staying, imo, for 8,0.c Wolves

me sorry to post negativity ahbite ur picks missus 😓

hope they both win for ya ☺️☺️

no luck with Maywake lads :(

me didn't get soft ground neither at Sunny Yarmouth, for to help me picks' chances, alas 😪 zero joy with Albegone and Evergreen And Red neither,,

Nap lands tho - score draw heading into added on/extra time, with a race left to go at Wolves; also did Eagle Eyed Freddie ~10/1 each way in that, as well as us other three picks, in lucky last Dunstall Park

8.05 Newcastle

gone off three of me early longlist picks here, for reasons various

sticking with LEZARDRIEUX 9/1 WIN&EW & NICKLEBY 12s EW

6,35 Newcastle

trickier to narrow this one down - went with O'Meara pair here

SCOTCH MISTRESS 11/2 WIN , STAR SHIELD 5/1 WIN

missed earlier 17/2 on Scotch Mistress - would've been each way otherwise,, Star Shield about a pt too short for an EW go also

gluck

Unlucky j@u 😴 Francesi ran into one, alas, in 8 oh clock; nigh on impossible to find that 18/1 winner on formbook, imho 😒 🤣

• Advertisement

tomorrow's card hold no real appeal - chance one more race

5.32 Newcastle

MARKAZI 22/1 EW NB,, hoping the step up in trip here will help

January CD winner Selecto is too short @ 11/2; Mister Charlie is interesting being stepped markedly up in trip, but not of interest at 8/1.

several have chances here, so me's glad to only have the one pick 😛 not a v confident one, but does look a big and value-priced one.

that'll do me

g'luck ☺️

back to Wednesday 12th Oct

Kempton: Standard to slow

4.57 Kempton

three picks here am liking atm

BRUNEL CHARM ~16/1 EW , CASHEW ~13/2 EW , ABOVE IT ALL ~8/1 EW

🙄

Wednesday again 😋 Kempton

6.30 1m Class4 h'cap & 8,30 7f Class6 h'cap look two races worth pondering on; just not yet, but one looked like a prospect,,

6.30 HUDDLETON MAC 14/1 EW,,, not a likely looking one, hoping he's a tad unexposed here; hope is that he's 'learning to stay' the one mile trip, altho' breeding would perhaps suggest otherwise..

only one i've looked at out of the two races mentioned - early days anyhoo 🤣

Leicester: Good-good to firm in places

5.20 Leicester

LADY EROS 9/4 WIN , TELEMACHUS 25/1 EW

no good yesterday, loads of drifters and results to confirm that. It's big a disadvantage of not being able to back just before off, market completely flipped throughout the day, but me stuck at work had no other choice.

Francesi drifted out to e/w prices, good run but no glory.

Good call there, leff.

I found one "long shot" for myself today too 😂

4:50 Leic - Ribhi 8/1, campaigned mostly in listed events this year, except the last one that was class 2 hdc field of 30 runners, this seems a bit easier, Jim C has this only ride in Leicester today.

6:35 Newc - Star Shield / Strongbowe (HT ATR tip)

8:05 Newc - Saxon Village / Captain Vallo (HT & del roy tip)

3 races, 3 pts.

4.57 Kempton

BRUNEL CHARM 14/1 EW , DANCINGINTHEWOODS 8/1 EW , CASHEW 8/1 EW , ABOVE IT ALL 10/3 WIN

6.30 Kempton

GEORGE MORLAND 17/2 EW , HUDDLETON MAC 11/2 EW , LOVE DREAMS 10/1 EW , EBTIHAAJ 12/1 EW ,,,, Huddleton Mac = 2Short @ ~6s - folk must've been reading thread up in hyahh; paper had him at 14s! 😄

8.30 Kempton

DAMASCUS FINISH 13/2 EW , FACT OR FABLE 20/1 EW,,

No standout picks among these - only hope i manage to catch a winner among 'em; all three races are 4plcs 1/5 odds for me = more chance of getting summat back 😅

gl

no joy 2day :(

just the one placer, with Nickleby finishing 4th in last at Newcastle; we'll hope for betr luck 2moro 😐️🤣

• Advertisement

Wolverhampton: Standard

3.50 Wolves

looks wide open this race; a lot of pacey sorts here (not all drawn well 😃)

can't give anything solid win or place claims; have gone with a few each way picks here, all double figure prices, and am happy with their claims at them prices ☺️

EL HOMBRE 12/1 EW , ARLECCHINO'S GIFT 28/1 EW , MADAME FENELLA 18/1 EW , MUMCAT 11/1EW

#degeneracyisalliknowgimmeanartisticgrantforpuntingboldgovernmentcospuntingisartformfiftybagsintwoinstallmentsinterestfreepleaseintomebfaccountpleaseandthankyouverymuchasamanartistoverheeh

g'luck

Advertisement