Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I did mine yesterday but there are more next week so really not expecting to hear anything before the end of the month. What county did you interview for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 drawaline123

Mine was for Westmeath, yours? I may just email them and enquire!

for Offaly, what number were you for Westmeath?

I'd rather not say the specific number but I was in the first batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I was 276 on the Interdepartmental OOM so it's safe to say that they are a little further up the list than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Hi all I applied for Cork and placed 40 in the first round of tests.. then got called for interview for Clonakilty and placed number 1 which I’m amazed at.. have sent through my qualifications and will be going through clearance next.. can anyone tell me what’s involved..

I’ve recently just got promoted to hr manager in work so now I’m not really looking for a job but I’d be interested to see what they offer, does anyone know if there are hr roles in this type of scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

There are, each branch would have its own HR dept to deal with the range of HR issues that will always crop up. You'll only work to your grade for now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Thank you so would it be an idea perhaps for me to get in at this grade and try and still pursue a career in hr internally?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you primarily want a job that is stable and solid then the EO position may be right for you. However, you are unlikely to be posted to or work in a HR role should you take it up, which sounds like it isn't what you are hoping for. Also, if you are entering in from the private workforce then you will be starting at point 1 in the EO pay scale as they will not take prior experience or qualifications into account here.

I hope this helps.

If you don't get placed in HR you can apply for a transfer into that area over time, after probation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 julylyly

I got my placement in Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection yesterday. Does anyone know what the department is like to work for? I've only heard bad things unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭skidmarkoner

No you can apply internally after 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Job_seeker

Hi,

just to confirm they’ve called 488 for interview (Dublin open) but are up to OOM 890…..meaning 400 have been skipped over/ not taken up for whatever reason?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruudgullitsittingonashed

Hi, I can't find a thread for the Communications Officer (EO) campaign so hope it is ok to post about it here.

I had an interview for the campaign last Friday - just wondering if anyone else here had an interview and, if so, have you heard anything back from them yet?

Thank you.

Congratulations! How long was the wait from interview to them requesting clearance from you?

I worked with a lady who was a CO in Social Welfare for years and loved it and anyone in our local office are there YEARS so it's probably not that bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭KevoS2009

Hi, I have an interview next week for EO. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas as to what questions might be put forward during the interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

Judging by other comments and how pas seems to work it seems up to oom 488 from Dublin have been called and completed interview so far but now up to oom 890 have been called for an EOI awaiting interview. So they haven’t skipped 400 people, 400 people are going to be called for interview shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Know your competencies inside out and use the STAR method to structure your answers. There shouldn’t any surprises outside of that. Some good advice was already given throughout the thread if you skip back through the pages.

Best of luck, the time absolutely flies during it.

Absolutely! Know what motivates (This was a question) you and why you think you'd be suitable for the job (this was also a question).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

I had interview during week. Have really strong examples of each one, I think especially for people management and delivery of results.

be prepared for lots of small questions like why were you choosen to be leader of project or what you do differently.

example of difficult decisions you made and outcome.

they very nice and will question you fully until they get to an answer they looking for.

best of luck ☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Can anyone advise how long they were waiting for clearance to begin after being asked to submit location preferences? Just trying to get a ballpark idea of a timeframe..

I chose the 2 major urban areas in my county, no obscure areas that may have fewer positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

Update from PAS just now

Offaly: Open Steam 61 Inter 26.

Westmeath: Open stream 41 inter 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Thats up to you, but if you take up your PS post now, you could just as easily apply from within.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thereyouarenow

I submitted my location preferences on Friday and got my clearance email on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aisling09

Hi, does anyone know the location preference choices for counties Mayo and Sligo? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

I interviewed this week and I emailed PAS asking when I should hear back and they advised they hope to have results out by the end of January. Good luck to anyone else who interviews this month 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Maripepe

Does anybody know how many people they called up for interview in Meath?

Thanks.

Thank you for sharing, I was interviewed for Westmeath but I think they only called 3 people before Christmas and have just gone into early double digits now... I was top 10... they will be awhile pulling from that panel I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 lorness

Update from PAS 13/01/23, for Mayo and Galway on numbers called to interview so far.

Mayo - open 10 - inter - no vacancies at present

Galway - open 19 - inter 6

Advertisement