Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heineken Champions Cup Quarter Final - Munster vs. Toulouse - Saturday, May 7th - Aviva Stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

This extended injury break is not what Munster would have liked. They were running Toulouse around the pitch for a continuous period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Uhhh. That Toulouse scrum is monstrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Toulouse scrum is absolutely decimating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CptMonkey

Scrum is a serious issue. We are playing well but need a better scrum to compete against them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Munster looking for contact too often when it's on out the back. Just don't have the skill set upfront. They're going to have to grunt this one out somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Munster need to pull a rabbit out of a hat here. Toulouse clearly more powerful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They'll tire, but after a perfect opening 20 in running them round the pitch it has become a lot more stop-start which will absolutely suit Toulouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,792 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was there a hint, or more then a hint of a forward pass for a Toulouse try ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Brilliant!

A better scrum and Munster beat them comfortably in my opinion. Been the better side in open play

Those kicks through have brought a lot of joy for Munster and that try lead from one as well. Finding so much grass in the back field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Munster will be very happy to come out of that level at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Very entertaining half. Win or lose this is a big improvement on previous semi finals and bodes well for Munster moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭squigglestrebor

Theyre underdogs with the bookies but id agree with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Munster playing a lot of great rugby but Toulouse so dangerous on the counter and look to have dominance at the scrum. Great 1st half. Mon Munster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Happy enough with that HT score. Bossed ST in the first 15min. Let them dictate the pace of the game after our first try. But took control towards the end of the half

Josh W having a fine game in the loose great hands before earls try

hoping once Casey comes in the last 15 ST are out on their feet could find some gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CptMonkey

We are playing well. Would have taken this score before kick off. Things are improving for us. If we can sort the scrum for our own out in we have a chance.

Oh I know that! I’m just basing on what I’ve watched today. Kendellen has been excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's amazing that Archer has had a career at all. Munster doing well, but need to get more out of DDA and Farrell. Have runners on their shoulders, too much lateral running from the backs.

• Advertisement

Such a vital try for Munster. That Toulouse bench is incredibly strong. Would t fancy having to chase a result after 50/60 minutes.

Ah Joey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Super little score. Farrell having a stormer.

Unreal

Get innnn

Cyril Baillie on as a sub.

Sweet God in Heaven.

Toulouse doing the same thing as against Ulster.

Moronic thuggery.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I dunno what BT are watching; that’s a very harsh yellow.

Just a very hard tackle that was a bit late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

How is that not red??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

Yellow about right, would have been a very harsh red

Even yellow is harsh there in my opinion. Maybe the follow through on the ground is deserving of yellow, but the fundamental tackle looked fine to me, no different to the hit Murray took early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Had to be a yellow. no way was that harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

He hit him off the ball,lifted his legs past the horizontal and drove him into the ground. That would warrant a card by itself, without even touching how Zebo smacked his head.

Toulouse are well and truly rattled

That’s a great hit and choke tackle on DuPont

Murray got lucky there.

Picked the ball out if the scrum that was going forward, then kicked far too long for what should have been an easy catch for Medard.

If he had landed flat on his back rather than somewhat on his shoulders with the consequent head knock on the turf, it wouldn't have been a card at all. Where his legs are is merely incidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Toulouse heads are gone. Munster just need to keep the ship steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Look at the replay. Arnold wasn’t even looking at the ball, just wanted to smash Zebo. Late tackle means a yellow

Oof.

Bit lucky for Munster there. That Toulouse counter was lethal. Scythed through the poor kick chase and but for a poor offload they're scoring a try.

Absolutely correct.

I didn't think Munster had the ability to put Toulouse in their pocket like this, fair bloody dues. The prospect of a Leinster Munster semi in the Capital now is beyond juicy.

Stringer hasn't watched enough Toulouse this season. They really haven't been great for much of it. Ulster should have gone through in the last round.

Munster on top in the match and in scrums now. I agree they just have to see it home now.

POM clearly not supporting his body weight there.

But they're the breaks you get when you paint a previously good picture to the referee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,792 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Their number 10 in at the side in front of the referee, no penalty.. marvelous

I don't even know how Toulouse worked that backs move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭theVersatile

That rip alone could be worth Jenkins' wages if we hold out and win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Toulouse soooooo dangerous!

What a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement