Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Champions Cup Quarter Final - Munster vs. Toulouse - Saturday, May 7th - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hard luck Munster, cruel, cruel way to lose a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Flawless kicking from Toulouse there. Nerves of steel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Were they selling tickets for €20...and the stadium half empty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Gutted. What a game tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Toulouse could beat nearly all Irish sides this year. Looking like their year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Brutal way to lose, very tough for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭phily2002

Some game, so unlucky to lose that way

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭durthacht

Best performance I have seen from Munster in years.

These new young players will win things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

What a game. One of the best I've seen. Kudos and sadness for Munster. You were incredible today

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Great game. So harsh on Healy. Toulouse are missing the spark of Kolbe munster had them shut down for most of it bar Dupont playing hero ball at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Hard luck Munster, played so well. Horrible way to go out

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

Well that’s a hard loss. Can’t fault the team. We played well and probably should have done it but that’s the way it goes.

Things are looking better for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great display from Munster. Ultimately, the scrum was the difference between the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sickener, we left points out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mammoth effort and sadly not to be for Munster

So proud of the team and supporters. Let's kick on now and try win the UC

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭squigglestrebor

What a game! Toulouse kicks were all down the middle to be fair. Bastards

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What an amazing game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Munster done well this season hopefully it will continue next year with new management

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭durthacht

The future is bright for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I thought the same when Munster lost to Clermont in 2013 but that in hindsight was the swan song of the old guard.

Today it was some of the youngsters standing tall and the old guard guiding them through.

Kendellen is potentially a superstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

40,000 tickets sold... but maybe maths or vision aren't your best points... hope you enjoyed the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well done munster. Haven't felt like saying that for a long time. But finally looks like there's some unity and team spirit there.

Today proves we're closer to being deserving of a place at the top table in Europe again. Very happy about today's performance despite the outcome.

Feel for Healy. He has a brilliant future ahead of him, and I hope he can shrug off today as an off day and continue getting better.

Happy and proud to be wearing a munster Jersey as I type this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Just on the train home now. Leinster fans here buty little lad was adamant he was going to to support Munster against Toulouse.

Unbelievable atmosphere considering the stadium was only 2/3 full.

Toulouse scrum was so strong in the first half. Peter O'Mahony is a gladiator - it was a privilege to watch him play today.

Gutted for Munster, losing a game on place kicks. There was a few points from missed kicks left behind during the regular 80 mins which is a real shame which should have had Toulouse out of reach at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I seem to remember a certain Munster 10 missing some vital kicks in an important European game at the start of his career and he turned out okay......... hopefully the experience will be the making of Healy too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

right petal, you can work on your permutations now..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That rushed drop goal attempt from Munster cost them dearly. Needed 1 more phase to give Healey more time. Shame. What an incredible effort from Munster, given the players missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jesus wept, that was 2 or 3 hours ago. Got under your skin did I?

**** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Being a kicker is like being a prop....

When things go wrong, theres no hiding place and you get exposed for the world to see....

I felt bad watching healy there.....like i did for Tom Court in Twickenham a good number of years ago when he got rinsed.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Well that confirms it, joey carbery is not the sexton heir. A complete bottle job with the missed penalties and then to top it off, he let's a kid take the hardest kicks when it should have been him taking the bull by the horns. Not a leader and it showed today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Great game all the same. That toulouse try in the second half was in the blink of an eye.

Advertisement