Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Around these parts "woke" means bad and anything left of George Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭briany

The term 'woke' is annoying because it's an obvious attempt to rebrand political correctness and portray it as some sort of new and unique phenomenon. Basic marketing, really.

Anyway, the crisis actor conspiracy theory is probably the most odious thing Jones has promoted because it directly led to the harassment of grieving families.

This whole video is worth watching, but I linked specifically to a point where a crisis actor theorist confronts the pastor of Sutherland Springs church, where 26 people were shot dead, just to show the sick cockiness of the theorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I take it as, "I'm a fucktard and want to shout you down." Godwin captured that nicely, when it's used as a pejorative, it's meant to be abusive.

Some people seem to miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I just watched that video and it is awful what grieving families are put through.

Alex Jones is a scumbag for promoting that stuff and anyone who still supports Jones in the face of this is simply a lowlife, like him.

Sandy Hook : “It was 26 people.” (Timberrrrr), “26 is a frequently used number cause that’s the number he killed in the school.” (protonmike)

Sutherland Springs church’s : “where 26 people were shot dead” (briany)

So I took some time out this afternoon to reflect on our exchanges from this morning. Why are we being steered away from the number “27” (the actual number that were killed at Sandy Hook, and the actual total that died as a result of the Sutherland Springs Church incident.)?

You see the thing I find about staged events - even if the majority of the people just take at face value whatever the Wikipedia write up is - is that that is never enough. To those that can see through the charade, they always leave a sign just to rub our noses in it. Like they want to say, “We know, you know. But there’s nothing you can do about it.” I’m thinking moon-landing (flag blowing in the wind), Epstein (oops, no guard to prevent you from suiciding yourself) etc.

So why don’t posters on this thread want us to use the number “27” ? The answer is - as it always is - right under our noses.

Sandy Hook : 27 = 3 x 3 x 3

+

Sutherland Springs Church : 27 = 3 x 3 x 3

=

Mark of the Devil : 6 6 6

I would advise my fellow truthers to make sure you can’t be tracked, otherwise you’re at risk of being doxed. Stay safe.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,142 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Apophenia

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yeahhhhh... well, a CT supporter. No surprise at least he was open about his 'beliefs.' Typical Alex Jones fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

2/10. Give it up, there’s nowhere else to go with trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jones is also a personification of the American interpretation of 'freedom of speech', i.e. that you can say what you like, whenever you like and with absolutely no consequences, no matter how damaging your speech is. They extol this absolute freedom of theirs, but suddenly become dismayed when others exercise their own countering freedoms, i.e. to sue for defamation. Pure double standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

What a horrible horrible thread.

There was no winners in this.

You'd swear Jones was the only person alive who told lies.

If only our own country held people accountable for there actions and words like Jones is being, (rightly so to be fair) then wouldn't it be a great world altogether.

You'd swear Alex Jones was the one who pulled the trigger.

Thread should be closed nothing to be achieved from it.

Again total strawman.

Totally ignores the conspiracy theorists who've jumped out of the wood work to defend Jones and his claims.

You also seem to have forgotten again.

Jones isn't being punished for telling lies and making stuff up.

He's being punished for defamation. He's being punished for the harassment he caused.

This thread is about Alex Jones. Why would people bring up other instances of people spreading misinformation on it?

What's strawman about that? Your some man for throwing out the cliche anti vaxer, strawman, conspiracy theorist crap I tell ya that. Shocked you haven't called me a racist yet.

Defamation and harassment caused by LIES???

Sure what more is there to said about Alex Jones. I think people are well entitled to bring in other examples if it helps support there argument and debate.

It's a strawman because it's not what people are actually arguing. It's a childishly simplified argument you are dishonestly assigning people because you are unwilling and unable to address their other points.

And bring up other people to justify or dismiss the things Jones has done is a very poor argument.

You're free to do so, but it's not going to convince anyone that your boy isn't as bad as he is.

But the point I'm making is that of course people are pointing out that Alex Jones is a bastard on a thread about what a bastard he is. Why would the complain about other people on this thread?

Likewise, the functional definition of "conspiracy theorist" is the same as "anti-vax", "grifter," "white supremacist," "contrarian," "misogynist," etc.: one who questions or defies liberal orthodoxy.

These are not so much words as weapons.

OK King mob who is the winners in this?

You think this thread is great?

Your making inaccurate statements all the time, I haven't defended him on Sandy Hook once.

I think it's absolutely fair game to bring like for like scenario's pitched against each other.

Alex Jones is scourged by mainstream media and any dirt they can get on him is broadcast all over the world to make him look like absolute filth.

The same standards aren't upheld for other's. Wonder why.

Lol no man. Those have specific definitions.

Alex Jones just happens to hit all of them.

Exactly. I do find it strange that those who are most hostile towards Alex Jones are so obsessed with the tiny minority that won't get on board with them.

It's almost like they need to convince themselves, daily, of their correctness.

Most people who hold a majority held view, don't spend their time obsessing on the minority view.

If only we held talk show hosts at all the other established media outlets to the same standard.

Lol more strawmen.

I don't think this thread is great. There a ton of people jumping to Jones' defence because they feel sorry that thr multi millionaire is being called mean names for harassing and tormenting the parents of dead children.

And it's really silly that you keep adding the caveat "on Sandy hook".

You're still defending him dude.

His other claims aren't that much different from his Sandy Hook ones.

You're not bring like for like though.

Please provide an example of someone else who made up false nonsense about the parents of dead children, called them governemt paid actors and encouraged a campaign of harassment by their viewers against those parents.

• Advertisement

Actually they do tend to go hand in hand based on reading some of their emails and tracking their internet activity.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So Alex Jones was wrong.

And?

He's right about most things. 20 years he told us about the Epstein island where the rich and famous literally have sex with children. Everyone laughed. But all of a sudden if msm report on it it's truth.

Let me tell you something. If you sit down and believe everything RTE tell you at dinner time your in far more trouble than anyone who sits down and listens to Alex Jones.

Both are guilty of lying. If your not somewhere in the middle your only fooling yourself. Ya can't trust any of them.

Whats strawman about what i said?

There isnt that many defending him here from what I see in fairness.

I say Sandy hook because that's the core subject we're talking about here.

Was right about mainstream media being used to help divide the people

Was right about 9-11

Was right about chemicals in our food and water.

Was right about government taking away our constitutional rights, 2 YEARS OF COVID restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Alex Jones was supposed to have been basically black listed from the Internet but he's been tipping away selling smake oil and accumulating big bucks.

Unlikely he will be back after this. Massive fines to pay.

Was he CIA? Maybe uncle Sam will pay it for him

Lol wow.

Firstly there plenty like yourself who are trying the "what about..." defense. Others have been arguing the idea that his lies about Sandy Hook were reasonable. (Which I notice you've not commented on.)

And so the topic can only be Sandy Hook and no one's allowed to bring up other things?

Cept he wasn't right about any of those things.

He believes that 9/11 was done by the governemt using secret explosives in the buildings. Do you believe that?

He believes "chemicals" in the food and water are turning frogs gay. Do you believe this?

He's been claiming that they are going to take away people freedoms for years about every event. It never happens. And as we've seen from the covid restrictions thread, this hasn't happened here either.

He's also a believer in chemicals. Do you believe that?

He's also an extremely fundementalis Christian. Do you share those beliefs?

You guys keep repeating the meme that he was right, but when you're confronted with the specifics of what he actually says and believes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

I don't think you actually know what this "Christian fundamentalist " term that is thrown around repeatedly actually means.

I don't think there's anyone I despise more than Alex Jones. I get a sick feeling of pleasure watching him lose this court case so spectacularly but am disappointed its only a civil case and he's not going to jail. I absolutely hate conspiracy theories and he's gotta be somewhat responsible for how mainstream they've become. The amount of dangerous bullshit he's been spouting his entire life. He's casually wrong about pretty much every major event, inserting insane conclusions where everything is an evil government controlled psy op. Seeing close friends and family falling into the conspiracy world ushered on by the chaos that was covid has been disturbing. Alex Jones is the embodiment of that movement. I hate him.

The idea that Jones is similarly untrustworthy to the likes of RTE is hilarious. While not trusting the "MSM" (also hate the connotations with that phrase) is not an outrageous idea, a healthy level of scepticism can only be a good thing, the idea that some random loon on youtube, who doesn't need to verify anything they say, is the truth is utterly ridiculous.

• Advertisement

So what is strawman about what I said? You've no answer sir.

How many times have you refused to answer a question i asked you because you said that it's off topic?

Seems like you think you can bring in stuff that's off topic when it suits your narrative but others can't when it's used to strengthen there side of the story?

You called me an anti vaxer, imagine if people started turning up at my house and harassing me about it. You've just done exactly what Alex Jone's did.

Advertisement