Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Those buildings coming down like they did looked very similar to other controlled demolitions

I don't think chemicals in our food and water are doing us any favors, I'd rather eat something that has as less of that stuff as possible. That's just me

Lad we're you in a coma during covid? our freedoms were taken away for nearly 2 year's.

every time the government introduces new legislation they take away somebody's privilages, slippery slope.

My religious beliefs are none of your business

Did your parents lie to you about santa claus, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy? Guess you must not believe a word that comes out of there mouths after that shenanigans eh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol this is getting silly.

I already told you what you're strawmaning me about. I never said this was a good thread.

You are also being a complete hypocrite. You have just argued that it was fine to bring up other people beyond Jones to support your silly argument. But now you're saying we can't use the things Jones has said because it's "off topic".

And no man I haven't done what Jones did. Don't be silly.

I didn't call you a government controlled actor. I haven't given out personal information and picture (which I don't have) to my audience of millions of easily lead and riled marks (which I also don't have.)

I have not encouraged directly or implicitly that people should harass you or do anything to you.

I have not used my "coverage" of the fact you're an antivaxxer to drive sales of my multimillion dollar supplement business.

Lol questions dodged as per usual.

Is it because you understand those claims are all nonsense and don't want to admit that? Or do you believe those things and just don't want to say because you understand how embarrassing they are.

OK. Extremely right wing, Bible bashing Christian then.

How would you define Jones' brand of Christianity?

I said this was a nonsense thread, there's no winners in all this and you say strawman. Like wtf

No your the person who started the its off the topic thing to avoid questions so I'm simply just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

I'm dodging about as many questions as you are also, infuriating isn't it.

Ahh cool. Just wasting people's time then.

Gotcha.

And yes I agree it's a nonsensical thread because folks like yourself are jumping in to defend an obvious grifter and giant asshole.

• Advertisement

Yee wanted people to come on and defend him isn't that the point of the thread?

Just because he was proven wrong on Sandy Hook I don't believe that discredits all of the work and subjects he's done before that.

I believe he was right about

epstein Island

9-11

chemicals in our food and water

The bilderberg groups

mainstream media suppression of information.

iv seen little evidence to prove that these claims are bullshit

I agree and disagree with alot of stuff some people say. It's just the conclusion I come to in my own head based on the info I have seen. Right or wrong I don't care, its what I believe.

Like I used the santa claus and tooth fairy example, just because they have been proven to be made up doesn't mean that I don't trust a word my parents ever say again.

But you don't believe him.

I asked you about specifics of those claims and you refused to answer because you know their false. For example he claims all the "chemicals" in food and water are there to turn people gay.

You agree this is false and stupid. So how

Can he be right about it when he's claiming such an obviously false thing.

And yes I agree, conspiracy theorists like yourself don't care about what's true or not. You only care that there's a conspiracy that you know about and other people aren't smart enough to know.

It's how grifters like Jones con you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

You use his religious beliefs to mock him?

I haven't seen you on here mocking people for their devout beliefs of Muslims or Hindus or Jews.

And some of the above could be far more extreme .

Theres no real discussion going on here,only name calling and mud slinging

Yes. Have you looked into his beliefs or how he acts when expressing them?

He's not "devout".

This is just more whataboutry.

It's the same thing. You are just trying to rephrase it to justify acting like a bigot

• Advertisement

Lol sure man.

Any actual comment on Jones, the things he believes or his scummy behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Alex Jones apologists really are funny.

His comments about Sandyhook were a thundering disgrace. Pushing a lie as if it were fact. A blatant easily checked lie too

What do you think yourself?

Post edited by Tonesjones on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Notice that not one of the loonies that worship Jones has had an issue with the loony with the number of the beats stuff earlier on. Probably because they believe it as well. And the non-condemnatory way they 'condemn' Jones, such as:

"His comments about Sandyhook were a thundering disgrace. Pushing a lie as if it were fact. A blatant easily checked lie too." - nothing about Jones himself though.

"Just because he was proven wrong on Sandy Hook I don't believe that discredits all of the work and subjects he's done before that." - nothing but positives about the insane lies Jones pushed and no condemnation of Jones for his horrible use of children's deaths and parents suffering for profit, again because it's supported by that poster

"Alex Jones is scourged by mainstream media and any dirt they can get on him is broadcast all over the world to make him look like absolute filth." - gotta love 'scourged,' a not-so subtle RCC phrase and again, support of Jones.

These Jones supporters are as bad as Jones is. Worse, actually, he's earning money from his insanities. They're just pathetic little wannabees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

:-)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Great. I agree.

All of his claims are like that I think.

I also think we're getting a good demonstration on this thread why he's been do successful conning people.

Epstein was first convicted in 2008 so it wasn't remotely something that Alex Jones uncovered. From what I gather, he didn't even mention it until years after the conviction. Even the Prince Andrew stuff was common knowledge to some degree back then.

9-11 - Still a conspiracy theory...

Chemicals in foods, a pretty complex discussion. But Jones' complains are off the wall and the actual issues around additives tend to be handled at the EU level for regulations. Ironically enough the US is under regulated for both water and food quality. But Jones wants less regulation so he backs bad food quality. It's not mind control though.

Bilderberg group amounts to a political forum. Not remotely as exciting as people would like to believe.

Mainstream media suppression is vague. For the most part it amounts to conspiracy theorists not hearing their theories on the news.

Other conspiracies he espoused. Weather weapons causing floods, FEMA death camps. Robert Mueller is a demon and paedophile. Oh and pizzagate which resulted in more people being harassed and at least one shooter. He's also accused David Hogg, a survivor of a school shooting of being a crisis actor.

He sure seems to say a lot of nonsense, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He systematically produces a lot of lies, from man-made hurricanes designed to kill people, to Satanist elites, to Pizza-gate, to Bill Gates depopulation stuff, to multiple attacks being "false flags" (9/11, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Belgium, etc). Its a never-ending stream of paranoid far-right conspiracies and nonsense. Some of those lies are harmful, he's currently being eviscerated in court for that reason.

Claiming he "well he's right sometimes" is like claiming "well Jeffrey Dahmer didn't kill everyone he met". It's trying to salvage something.

People only buy into it or defend him because they share similar extreme or cretinous views. We already have someone in the thread playing with numbers from deaths from a school shooting to equal the "number of the beast".

Yeah epstein was convicted, do you no some of the people that visited his island? Some very high up and powerful people. You think they often called to a known paedophile for tea and sandwichs?

9-11 we will have to agree to disagree

So he was right about chemicals in the food and water supply then.

Bilderberg has some of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world getting together with politicians for meetings that was never covered by mainstream media and You don't think it's suspicious. I'd sure love to no what was being discussed at those meetings.

Ah lad if you can't see the double standards from mainstream media there's no point. Barely any coverage of Canadians truck protest, same with the Dutch farmer's and same thing happening with Immigration coming into this country. Mainstream media went to unbelievable lengths to discredit Trump yet not a word about the absolute state of Biden. All very controlled.

When you can control what people hear read and see that's quite a powerful and dangerous thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

So fanboys, what has he actually uncovered? Hes been at this for 20 years now. Whats he done?

• Advertisement

But no, he's not right about the chemicals in the food and water. He claims that it's turning people gay and it's there as part of a global depopulation ploy by the actual demons who secretly run the world.

Which part of that do you believe is correct?

And mainstream media doesn't spread the same misinformation? You believe everything you read hear and watch from RTE BBC etc?

Did every Alex Jones supporter harass the Sandy Hook families? No

Absolutely not, I read a variety of news sources. In general though, if a legit news source gets something wrong, they retract the story or make a correction. Jones does not cause they were fictional from the get go.

Did Alex Jones target the parents of victims, did he target David Hogg? He personally targeted them. So the fact you downplay it is a reflection on you tbh.

In relation to him supposedly being right about chemicals in foods. What did he actually expose? An example please.

You really think RTE and BBC spread misinformation just like Alex Jones does? Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How many of those news outlets deliberately spread lies, revealed the addresses of the people they lied and got their supporters to harass the people they lied about all to make money?

Maybe it was thr dreaded dihydrogen monoxide, the worlds most dangerous chemical!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

For the 3rd or 4th time, Alex Jones is not news, comparisons are false equivalence.

He produces far-right conspiracies and distortions. Some of which clearly appeal to you, therefore you find yourself indirectly supporting him. Like Jones, you attack journalism because it contradicts some of these beliefs you have. If I chose a news outlet and asked you to point out all "the lies" from e.g. the last month, I suspect you would struggle. If I asked you to detail any 9/11 conspiracy properly, I suspect you would struggle.

Like Jones you are repeating conspiracy tropes and gas-lighting. Here are some more:

"You believe everything the government tells you!?"

"They told us the vaccines would stop Covid"

"You always believe the official narrative?"

etc

People are much more likely to accept irrational beliefs when they are emotional, e.g. angry. This is why you see a grifter like Jones always shouting and ranting. He gets people riled up because he knows they will more readily accept his conspiracies when they are in the state. He's made a vast amount of money from it. If he wasn't doing it, someone would else would be, it's a very lucrative market.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,283 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Humm

i dunno about you, but I read about the Canadian truckers and Dutch farmers protest on "mainstream" media

It's gas that a conspiracy theorist screams that mainstream media isn't to be trusted, but yet claims they haven't seen something on it.

Does that mean they read mainstream media all the time??

Made a lot of money out of the similarly minded and simple minded

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

So introduction of legislation to legalise same sex marriage took away privileges to people? And the change to the 8th amendment? And even the new ebike/scooter legislation that in fact frees up people to do stuff.

You're so very wrong about so many things

Advertisement